Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Writing with the Cameo 3

I have the metallic Sketch Pens and really like them but they are expensive and I would like to have some bright colours. Does anyone know of cheaper pens that will fit the Cameo 3 holder?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    The Silhouette pen holder below is worth buying as it allows lots of pens to be used because it has different sized collars for various pens
    Screenshot_1.png

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I have the pen holder Doreen is talking about and I find it really useful. I can use all sorts of pens in my Cameo and it gives some really nice results.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    I have the metallic Sketch Pens and really like them but they are expensive and I would like to have some bright colours. Does anyone know of cheaper pens that will fit the Cameo 3 holder?
    Shirley as Doreen has said you need the pen holder. I have found Sharpies fit the largest grey collar of the holder. Sakura pens fit the next size down the white. Sorry not tried any cheaper ones only a slim writing pen which fitted with the blue collar.

I find me with mine it is easier to slip the coloured collar on the thicker pens first then screw into the main part of the holder.

I have the original Graphtec pen holder which I have used a Sakura pen.

You can wrap enough tape like masking tap around a pen but it is trial and error getting the right thickness.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I think Margaret is talking about the slim Sharpie's because the original one's would probably bee too fat

View Gallery

Many thanks ladies for all your helpful responses. In fact I looked in my crafting In Tray and Lo and Behold, there was the very pen holder you've all mentioned! I've no recollection as to how I came by it, guess I must have bought it in one of my on-line spending sprees. Yet another of the joys of old age, total memory blanks, I sometimes wonder if I'm fit to go out on my own. (Would like to add a Roll Eyes smilie but can't remember how!!)
    Shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have an older pen holder but saying that I haven't tried it in my Cameo 3 (Only had the machine a week) yet. I have some bright silhouette pens that I've had for a few years. I was expecting them to have dried up but nope they are still working! Stabilo pens fit well in the holders. The Stabilo pens are thin and come in fineline and thicker tip. You can get them from most stationers.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have both the old Craft Robo ball point pen holder and the one for felt tip pens .
    Some of the inexpensive gel pens from Asda and Liddell which come in sparkle 1 mm nib and neon colours .8mm nib fit if you remove the soft grip section.(redundant decoupage scissors have fine enough blades for this)
    I have a disposable propelling pencil( also Asda) permanently in one of the holders as I use the Cameo to draw on masking tape for hand sawing out metal.
    The covered elastic to tie up hair is a very good stopper if a pen is too slim for the holder.
    Oddly although I have the 3 different more modern holders I go back to the old ones every time and I used them very successfully in the Cameo 3 at Christmas with the pen in the first holder and a rachet blade in the second
    Last edited by Helena V; 30-03-2017 at 11:15 PM. Reason: dreadful spelling and punctuation 3/10