Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thank you Doreen .I had just returned from a weekend away for a 90th birthday party and the following day a 50th party and was extremely tired hence I could not see what was right in front of me.My excuse for being stupid.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena V View Post
    Thank you Doreen .I had just returned from a weekend away for a 90th birthday party and the following day a 50th party and was extremely tired hence I could not see what was right in front of me.My excuse for being stupid.
    You're not stupid Helena

View Gallery

And another update although it seems to be a smaller size. I'm downloading it so I'll see if it installs ok. It's v 4.0521 https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software

EDITED to say they must have been in the process of uploading it because it's the right size now and installed fine
    Last edited by DJG; 17-03-2017 at 09:37 AM.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    And another update although it seems to be a smaller size. I'm downloading it so I'll see if it installs ok. It's v 4.0521 https://www.silhouetteamerica.com/so...egacy-software
    I think I'll leave it until tomorrow Doreen. Just had this email from them though - think I will accept if just to give more feedback !!

Shirley,
    New Silhouette Beta Facebook Group
    I would like to personally invite you to join our new Silhouette Beta Facebook group.
    You have been selected because of your excellent Silhouette software knowledge and helpful Beta input!
    In this group, we’ll be updating you with all of the latest software and features and asking for your feedback.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    I think I'll leave it until tomorrow Doreen. Just had this email from them though - think I will accept if just to give more feedback !!

Shirley,
    New Silhouette Beta Facebook Group
    I would like to personally invite you to join our new Silhouette Beta Facebook group.
    You have been selected because of your excellent Silhouette software knowledge and helpful Beta input!
    In this group, we’ll be updating you with all of the latest software and features and asking for your feedback.
    That's good Shirley it should be more helpful if there's a group of tester's

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Great to know that someone we know will have a major input into future updates. A real feather in your cap Shirley. Congratulations!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig1 View Post
    Great to know that someone we know will have a major input into future updates. A real feather in your cap Shirley. Congratulations!
    Thank you, I don't honestly think my input will make a lot of difference but it will be nice to be kept up to date and give feedback. Will keep you posted !!

View Gallery

Another update - V4.0.523 - 20 Mar 2017

'V4 Open Beta

Auto Updating feature - newer versions will now have the option to silently download in the background when found. Users will be prompted automatically when new updates are found and ready for installation.
    Additional data logging added to capture the most commonly encountered crashes

Also includes all initial and previous V4 Beta features

View Gallery

Another update - V4.0.523 - 20 Mar 2017

'V4 Open Beta

Auto Updating feature - newer versions will now have the option to silently download in the background when found. Users will be prompted automatically when new updates are found and ready for installation.
    Additional data logging added to capture the most commonly encountered crashes

Also includes all initial and previous V4 Beta features
    Thank you Shirley looks like it's only for pc's at the moment

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    With all the problems that each update seems to bring the very last thing I will want is an auto update facility...I want control over when I choose to update so I can make a judgement as to wether the new version is stable enough before updating.
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

View Gallery

The thing about updates is someone has to download it to decide if it's worth it or if it has bug's that need to be reported and if no one wants to do that we'll never know if it's ok. I know it says it's auto update but software is set to never check so hopefully that's what it will do or rather not do.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    The thing about updates is someone has to download it to decide if it's worth it or if it has bug's that need to be reported and if no one wants to do that we'll never know if it's ok. I know it says it's auto update but software is set to never check so hopefully that's what it will do or rather not do.
    I will check but I I don't think you can stop auto updates during the beta period.

View Gallery

I will check but I I don't think you can stop auto updates during the beta period.
    I can't say I've ever noticed it in the other updates and as they haven't downloaded automatically so far maybe they weren't. I await their reply to you Shirley

View Gallery

Version 4.0.535 available now

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The updates are pretty frequent now so its worth checking daily. Just keep reporting any bugs you find :-)
    I really don't like the 125 pt increments on the line thickness and offset options. Makes it very difficult to fine tune your design. I also dislike the fact you can't edit your design once you are in the "send" window. You can make/release compound path etc in version 3 but not in V4 cutting options section. I note that the perforations option has gone too.
    Last edited by cariad_1; 23-03-2017 at 05:13 PM.