Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Fonts

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Fonts

I have a problem with several fonts, some downloaded and installed and others were already installed when I downloaded the software on my Cameo 3. I have shown how they appear in the attachment, Kayleigh was on my old computer (Windows 7) but for some reason didn't import when I upgraded to Cameo 3 and S.S. 3.6de on a Mac, come to think of it Ballpark didn't transfer either, a font which I used a lot. I can't remember which versions I installed, i.e. TTF or whatever, but if anyone can tell me where I may have gone wrong I'll be very grateful, otherwise I'll have wasted my money in buying some of them.
    Shirley
    Last edited by BowBow; 06-03-2017 at 12:54 PM.

View Gallery

Font Issues

Oops, forgot attachment.Font Issues.studio3

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I don't know anything about Mac's but can you do a screen shot instead of a Studio file so we can see what you mean Shirley.

I've added a screenshot Shirley so people can see the fonts without having to download the Studio file
    Last edited by DJG; 06-03-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Shirley, sorry I'm not able to see the attachment, it won't load into Studio, perhaps if you took a screenshot of what you are trying to illustrate and upload the jpeg?? Just to say, I only keep the basic installed Windows fonts (or in your case I guess Mac fonts) on my computer and all my other fonts (literally too many to count!!!) I keep in a programme called FontViewer (Mac will almost certainly have an equivalent) and I just choose and install a font temporarily before I open Studio and it is there to use until I close Studio again. It does mean you have to keep your mind on what you are doing and MAKE A NOTE OF THE FONT (Andi that means you as well) (a reminder to me 'cos I'm always forgetting that bit) so that when you go back into the programme your text isn't in Swahili or some strange gobbledygook. It does make the operating system and Studio load more quickly as loading fonts is a very slow business even on a powerful computer.

Andi

OK, can now see it in Studio, don't really understand why it didn't want to do the business before!!
    Last edited by AndiDee; 06-03-2017 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Attatchment can now be viewed

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BowBow View Post
    Oops, forgot attachment.Font Issues.studio3
    Here's a screenshot of Shirley's Studio file, Im guessing these are the files causing the problem although I'm not sure why

Screenshot_1.png

View Gallery

Oh, I've just noticed that Aventux Scriptine has produced a capital H in Happy. I typed capital H in all the test samples bit none of the others would produce an upper case letter.
    Many thanks Doreen for printing the file for me, it took me ages to manage to attach it and it didn't occur to me to do a screen shot! I'll try to do better another time.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Oh, I've just noticed that Aventux Scriptine has produced a capital H in Happy. I typed capital H in all the test samples bit none of the others would produce an upper case letter.
    Many thanks Doreen for printing the file for me, it took me ages to manage to attach it and it didn't occur to me to do a screen shot! I'll try to do better another time.
    Shirley
    No problem Shirley I hope someone knows about Macs and can help you....just a thought but why not put this message on Silhouette Crafting Friends Facebook page along with the screenshot I know Janet Packer had a Mac so she might be able to help you

View Gallery

Thanks for the suggestion Doreen but I don't go on Facebook, I find their questions before you can register far too intrusive. I'll try to contact the site that I bought some of the fonts from.
    Shirley

View Gallery

Thanks for the suggestion Doreen but I don't go on Facebook, I find their questions before you can register far too intrusive. I'll try to contact the site that I bought some of the fonts from.
    Shirley
    There aren't any questions asked of you in groups I've asked to join Shirley but I understand if you prefer not to join any. Shirley you could also try Googling to see if anyone else has come across this problem

View Gallery

Thanks again Doreen, I'll try later - have to walk my dog right now (again!)
    Shirley

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Have you checked to see if they downloaded to your font book? Have you typed their names in correctly. I couldn't find happy aventux scriptine but have found "Happy aventus scriptina" font. I can't find any of the other fonts except one. The only font I've found and is one I have is chalkboard.
    Last edited by cariad_1; 24-03-2017 at 11:55 PM.