Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    I'm sorry to disagree Shirley Anne. The software is certainly is NOT free. It is in the price of the machines, it is only 'free' in the sense of you do not have to pay for it seperately but I can assure you, you are most certainly paying for it!
    Sheila

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Sheila, I think Shirley Anne meant that anyone can download the basic programme free of charge, regardless of whether they have a Silhouette machine or not; yes there are probably costs within the price of those machines but not many of the craft cutter companies offer their software for free, or they severely limit what can be done with that software or how long the free trial can run before you are expected to purchase. I still just think that it is counter-intuitive to put out versions that are so full of bugs they are actually stressful to use and then expect the crafting community to "run them in", regardless of whether the programme is free or not.

Andi

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndiDee View Post
    Sheila, I think Shirley Anne meant that anyone can download the basic programme free of charge, regardless of whether they have a Silhouette machine or not; yes there are probably costs within the price of those machines but not many of the craft cutter companies offer their software for free, or they severely limit what can be done with that software or how long the free trial can run before you are expected to purchase. I still just think that it is counter-intuitive to put out versions that are so full of bugs they are actually stressful to use and then expect the crafting community to "run them in", regardless of whether the programme is free or not.

Andi
    Thank you Andi that is what I was trying to say.