Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That looks like a useful product for crafters - any likelihood of it going into production or would it be too expensive?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I was hoping to save for a Cameo3 not so sure now

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Annie700 View Post
    The Cameo 3 is a great machine, angry users may shout louder than happy users but I get a lot more good feedback about it than I do bad.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    The Cameo 3 is a great machine, angry users may shout louder than happy users but I get a lot more good feedback about it than I do bad.
    Annie I agree with Brian the Cameo 3 is a great machine along with the original Cameo and the Cameo 2. It is just with any new machines or upgraded features there can be teething problems.

I remember around this time five years ago the original Cameo had us complaining about the blade as it could not be cleaned out of the card debris. Silhouette redesigned it so the little cap at the bottom could be unscrewed to clean it.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Totally love my Cameo 3 Annie - I upgraded from a Cameo 1 and think it's a great improvement. Only problem I had was with the Bluetooth but even that's working better now although I only use it to connect to my laptop, for my PC I connect via the usb.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I upgraded too and have had teething problems but that's mainly due to me not doing the right thing and that's usually sorted by the people on this forum. I am glad I upgraded, keep on saving!

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I'm so glad that I came across this thread! I've been saving for a Cameo 3 and had been put off by the bad feedback.

Having read the last few posts in particular, and seeing that you we have a goldmine of support here, I think I'll stick with saving for the 3

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Pleased it's been of help to you daisychain

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up. Mammy Hen's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (12)
    I bought Cameo 3 a few weeks ago and I am pulling my hair out as I just can’t get the blade to cut. I have tried all suggestions given on various sites. Hope someone can help.
    Having read all of the comments here I am now wondering if I should buy a different blade.

Thanks
    Mary
    Mary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Have you checked to see if the point of the blade has broken off other than that if you've tried everything else would contact Graphtec to see what they suggest 01978 666700

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy Hen View Post
    I bought Cameo 3 a few weeks ago and I am pulling my hair out as I just can’t get the blade to cut. I have tried all suggestions given on various sites. Hope someone can help.
    Having read all of the comments here I am now wondering if I should buy a different blade.

Thanks
    Mary
    Mary is the auto blade far enough down in the holder for you to see the 'green' dot (just above the locking lever) after you push the locking lever in?

View Gallery

Sorry Neries I replied to you earlier but my post has disappeared.
    Yes the blade is firmly in place and I can see the green dot. When the machine starts the cutting process it makes a loud clack clack noise then the carriage moves from side to side by doesn’t cut.
    Any advice will be gratefully received.
    Mary

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy Hen View Post
    Sorry Neries I replied to you earlier but my post has disappeared.
    Yes the blade is firmly in place and I can see the green dot. When the machine starts the cutting process it makes a loud clack clack noise then the carriage moves from side to side by doesn’t cut.
    Any advice will be gratefully received.
    Mary have you taken the blade out when it has finished trying to cut and check if the red line has moved at all from the rest position so the blade is showing?

Mine does make noises when it starts but it is the same one as when the cutting mat is loaded. If you think the carriage is making noises it should not you really need to do as Doreen suggests and contact Graphtec GB. They are really helpful, especially Brian. If you can't phone them email them. sales@graphtecgb.com

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Are you hearing a tapping noise as the blade self adjusts ? If the carriage just move from one side and back to the other are you sure that you have cut lines selected ?

View Gallery

Yes to all of the above. Brian is out of the office until Monday so I will contact him then.
    BTW when I logged onto Graphtec to buy the Cameo I was redirected to another site so I assumed wrongly as it turns out that Graphtec had changed names.
    Mary