Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)

Cameo 3 Auto Blade Not Working

My Cameo 3 Auto Blade has not been working since I installed the firmware upgrade in December. It goes through all the motions of clicking and then just scores the card. I contacted Silhouette Support and after a couple of emails they asked me to do a video. Well I manage one on Sunday, uploaded to YouTube and sent them the link. Their reply this morning shows they have not even looked at it and telling me what I already know.

Thank you for your reported concern. Please check the following to confirm the AutoBlade is set up properly for use:

1. Ensure the AutoBlade has been placed into the left-hand tool holder of the CAMEO 3 tool
    NOTE: The AutoBlade will only work in the left-hand tool holder slot of the CAMEO 3. No other blade types are able to automatically adjust.
    2. Open the Silhouette Studio® software program
    3. Go to the "Cut Settings" panel
    4. Select your material type
    5. Select the tool type drop-down and select the "AutoBlade" option
    6. Proceed to send your job to the Silhouette to be cut

With the blade in its proper position and the "AutoBlade" selected in the software, your blade should now be automatically adjusted as jobs are sent to be cut with the CAMEO 3 model.

Let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thank you,
    Silhouette Support Team
    I am so angry and frustrated. My husband wants me to return my Cameo 3 as it is not doing what they advertise it does. When I bought it I told him it was because of the new auto blade and Bluetooth and there are problems with both.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    did you buy this from a uk stockist Neris?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    can i see the video?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CraftFairy View Post
    did you buy this from a uk stockist Neris?

Yes Lisa, Create and Craft in October when they were showing a few in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftFairy View Post
    can i see the video?
    Yes it is here https://youtu.be/-dFQZRBE-kE

Just checked my account, order was on the 11th October, 2016.
    Last edited by Neries; 07-02-2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added Information

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Perhaps this why I have been having so much trouble - I thought it was me making a mess of things but have gone back to the other blade. My autoblade came with the new Cameo and because I thought it was me and I had damaged it I bought another one which is unopened.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig1 View Post
    Perhaps this why I have been having so much trouble - I thought it was me making a mess of things but have gone back to the other blade. My autoblade came with the new Cameo and because I thought it was me and I had damaged it I bought another one which is unopened.
    Claire you gave me the idea. I have just opened and tried a new auto blade and it worked!!!!!!!!! But for how long will it keep on working? I have not used my Cameo 3 that much since buying before having the problem. Looking back I made 4 cards. The original blade still cuts perfectly if I manual set the blade depth number and tell the software it is the ratchet blade. Looks like for some reason the auto blade is not responding properly to the software.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    My auto blade doesn't work either Margaret. It doesn't even go through the motions of clicking and adjusting - it just remains on the last setting I used (which I set manually). However, it does cut. I have a couple of new autoblades so I shall have to try one and see if it works. I'm a bit reluctant to start a new blade when the old one is cutting fine when it is manually adjusted. It's all a bit of a pain really and Silhouette need to get the software bugs properly fixed. Hopefully if we ever get Studio 4 things might be better.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    My auto blade doesn't work either Margaret. It doesn't even go through the motions of clicking and adjusting - it just remains on the last setting I used (which I set manually). However, it does cut. I have a couple of new autoblades so I shall have to try one and see if it works. I'm a bit reluctant to start a new blade when the old one is cutting fine when it is manually adjusted. It's all a bit of a pain really and Silhouette need to get the software bugs properly fixed. Hopefully if we ever get Studio 4 things might be better.
    Sylvia I too was reluctant to open and use a new auto blade as the original one cuts fine when it is on the right setting. I only did it in desperation to rule out a blade problem and actually was expecting it not to work. I was surprised when it set the auto blade to 3 and gave a really good cut. But how long it will last working properly I need a crystal ball for.

I did take the speed down to 1 following Claire's thread as the pattern had intricate scrolls.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    Sylvia I too was reluctant to open and use a new auto blade as the original one cuts fine when it is on the right setting. I only did it in desperation to rule out a blade problem and actually was expecting it not to work. I was surprised when it set the auto blade to 3 and gave a really good cut. But how long it will last working properly I need a crystal ball for.

I did take the speed down to 1 following Claire's thread as the pattern had intricate scrolls.
    That's interesting Margaret- so do you think it is a blade problem or a software problem? My autoblade was working at first then it wasn't, then I updated the firmware and the software and it was working again but now for some reason it is not working any more. I have not updated to the latest software version yet.

It's useful to know about dropping the speed to 1 for intricate designs as mine are usually small and fiddly so thanks for the tip.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    That's interesting Margaret- so do you think it is a blade problem or a software problem? My autoblade was working at first then it wasn't, then I updated the firmware and the software and it was working again but now for some reason it is not working any more. I have not updated to the latest software version yet.

It's useful to know about dropping the speed to 1 for intricate designs as mine are usually small and fiddly so thanks for the tip.
    Sylvia it was Claire aka PinkPig who posted that taking the speed down to 2 gave a clean cut on intricate patterns.

As for the auto blade problem being the blade or the software or the firmware I don't honestly know. As not everyone has the problem it could be a bad batch of blades causing it. It seems with those posting about their problem it starts off working fine, then it's intermittent whether it works or not, then completely gives up. Probably the only way to tell is if Graphtec (who supply all U.K. machines) have our auto blades back to test on a machines that don't have the problem.

I think it would also help if those with the auto blade problem contact Silhouette Support who give me the impression I am the only owner with the problem.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's very annoying that Silhouette America does not seem to be listening to our problems with the Cameo 3, I watched your video last night Margaret. At least Graphtec UK respond and try to help. Thank goodness I have the extra guarantee on the Cameo because 5 months have gone past and it isn't functioning properly. I hadn't contacted Silhouette America because I thought the problem was either me or the hardware and was waiting for the upgrade.I am going to test the auto blade v my ratchet blade later. I hadn't thought of telling the machine that the blade was fixed to see if it can cut! If the auto blade cuts when the machine has been told it's a ratchet blade that will flag up the new function.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig1 View Post
    It's very annoying that Silhouette America does not seem to be listening to our problems with the Cameo 3, I watched your video last night Margaret. At least Graphtec UK respond and try to help. Thank goodness I have the extra guarantee on the Cameo because 5 months have gone past and it isn't functioning properly. I hadn't contacted Silhouette America because I thought the problem was either me or the hardware and was waiting for the upgrade.I am going to test the auto blade v my ratchet blade later. I hadn't thought of telling the machine that the blade was fixed to see if it can cut! If the auto blade cuts when the machine has been told it's a ratchet blade that will flag up the new function.
    Claire I manually changed the blade number, but it takes a while as I had to tap it up and down quite a few times in the slot on the front left side of my Cameo until the red was showing the right number. It is doing manually what the machine should do. Then tell the software it was a ratchet blade.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Margaret- I will have a go later.

View Gallery

I must admit I am not a fan of the auto-blade, I much prefer the normal ratchet or the premium blades but could you tell me which firmware version you have installed? I am trying to replicate these auto-blade settings without any success so I'm wondering if it is a specific firmware version. And is it the latest Studio v3.8.189?
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP View Post
    I must admit I am not a fan of the auto-blade, I much prefer the normal ratchet or the premium blades but could you tell me which firmware version you have installed? I am trying to replicate these auto-blade settings without any success so I'm wondering if it is a specific firmware version. And is it the latest Studio v3.8.189?
    Brian the new firmware V1.40 I installed on the 24th December and then the same day Studio V.3.8.150. I installed V.3.8.189 the other day before I made the video.

I have a software file on my p.c. with all of the Studio downloads since V.19.1 as I always save the download. Uninstall Studio and reboot my computer before installing the latest download.

The end of last month I uninstalled V3.8.150 and reinstalled V.3.8.118. The auto blade worked the first time but not the second or subsequent times I tried. So I reinstalled V3.8.150.

My original auto blade does scratch the card when it is on 0 unlike the ratchet blade which does not make a mark.

At the moment the new auto blade is working perfectly.