Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Lovely card Ellie, could you not go over the stem if you feel you ought to. I love the flowers twining up from the bottom too, very pretty. I sometimes find my corner chomper doesn't cut evenly and have to make sure it has been emptied and sometimes I turn the card over and cut it again. What do you use to do your corners? Doesn't having the embossed background just give the card that added something, a bit of texture really if there is a lot of blank space. I often find when something doesn't look right it just needs the background paper to be embossed. That's a lovely folder too.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks Susie. Yes the embossing does make a difference.
    The corner cutter that I have, is one DD gave me quite a few years ago.
    I think it's come to end of its life. So need to get a new one.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Here's a Valentine themed one using the same poppy stamp as a background:

Valentine 2017.jpg
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, great card and great use of the stamp, two completely different effects.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Love your card Ellie I didnt notice till you pointed out the stem IKWYM though as often after I uploaded a LO I notice something I call it my delibrate mistake
    Love your card too SM the poppy stamp looks so different as the background
    I must be more adventous when I play

View Gallery

Lovely card SM. nice use of the poppy stamp. Like the monochrome effect too.
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Still nothing from me but I think I've made one of my wedding cards. Funnily enough, I ended up using a piece of card I'd wrecked which I then cut in half and salvaged one part of it and that is now the background card for the wedding card. I decided to die cut and print the topper, unfortunately, I transposed the numbers and ended up with 2107!!! This turned out to be quite a good mistake because I decided I didn't want the lettering in black but a medium grey, so all's well that ends well. Or at least it will be if I can glue it together without making anymore mistakes.

View Gallery

You better be careful then Susie.
    Often the mistakes turn out good in the end.
    I've done that with background paper and card as well
    Ellie

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

LOL Susie .... I always think the art of covering up is a large part of cardmaking!!
    I like the poppies and I think the stem looks fine as an outline.
    Over the weekend and today I have made 14 cards, I am well chuffed. There are two 'flame' ones, I need to photograph everything now and will put some on the 'I made this thread' ... perhaps you could put your wedding card up when it's done Susie?

wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You're right Wendy but there are just some things you can't cover up. Tonight, I'd just glued the topper in place on the card fortunately with silicone glue and I noticed something I hadn't noticed earlier. The die lined up with the centre of the ribbon, which lined up with the centre of the card, but their names didn't line up, I'd printed them slightly lower than centre. Of course hubby, who is my sounding board, said leave it so of course I ripped it apart and had to mess about trying to get the wording spot on. He's probably right, most people wouldn't notice, but I did and I couldn't leave it.

Then I had to find something to fill the gap at the bottom of the topper. I thought of a small quote or just a flourish and in the end went through my stash of dies and found some tiny heart dies - yaaaay! I'm leaving it tonight and will glue it tomorrow because it's late and I'm likely to end up with glue all over the place.

So this card is for me to send but still need to make one for mother of the groom who wants a photo on the front, problem is, I don't have a photo of them with room for a frame, everything is cropped right down. People just don't realise when they are cropping away that you might need that bit of background later. I'll have to get thinking about a card for her without a photo in case they don't come up with anything.

Oh yes and Wendy covering up also applies to mistakes when wallpapering. Our standard joke if we messed up anywhere is, "just stick a picture over it" could be down by the skirting board or round a light switch but the joke never gets old. Looking forward to seeing all these cards, I have no idea how you do it, 14 cards in a weekend!

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

ooh Susie, I would have also ripped apart something that didn't line up ..... !!!
    I spent all Saturday at a crop just making toppers, stamping and colouring images and stamping with watercolour pens. Plus I had a few already prepped, so on Sunday it was a case of die cutting the images, embossing a background and assembling for some of them, others were made into panels and simply matted. Then yesterday I finished off the final two which I had left because I didn't feel they were going where I wanted and they have turned out to be completely different to my original idea!! I have Mon-Tue-Wed off this week, so that helps!! I don't think I would get that many done on a normal weekend :-)

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks

View Gallery

Flame

Another Christmas one from me.
    Ellie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Well done Ellie! Lovely cards.
    Susie..your obviously a perfectionist like me too. I couldn't have left it either.
    Wow Wendy..14 cards.,very impressive!
    I've made one for my DIL who had her mastectomy yesterday.. She's doing well so I'm going in to see letter and take this.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh Elaine, that is pretty, do let us know how she is doing. Such early days yet and it's the whole emotional side of things apart from the physical aspect of having had a major operation.x

Ellie, that is such a lovely Christmas card and I love the way you've matched traditional with modern and made it work so well.

Great idea to get all your toppers ready for use Wendy.

I'm not sure if I mentioned, but once I'd made the card I didn't have an envelope to fit it, as usual. So last night I ordered some 7x7 envelopes which are great because the cards are actually about 6 and three quarter inches (where is the 3/4 please?), so when I buy 6x6 cards they are nearly always just under 6x6 which is a pain. Now I have slightly bigger cards for toppers that are actually 6x6 and envelopes that are 7x7. They arrived today so I can get this finished and away until I need it.

View Gallery

Elaine, that is so pretty. I love how you have put pearls on the tree.
    That's good news. Wish your DIL well from all of us. Hope she makes a
    speedy recovery.

Susie,well done with your card, and getting bigger envelopes.
    Never seen that measurement before, but just measured my square ones,
    and they are 13.5 cm X 13.5 cm. I'm confused !!!!!!
    Just to show you that you are not the only one to make a mistake,
    Today I made a card with stamping on it. I wanted to stamp a saying , in a border.
    Went ahead, lifted the stamp up..... and this was the result...
    Ellie.