Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Advice please!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Advice please!

Got the Cameo out yesterday as I wanted to make an accordian mini book for my niece's birthday and put pictures of my sister in it that my niece won't have seen before. I was using a Lori Whitlick design that I had bought from the Silhouette Store and used without problems on my old Cameo 1. Firstly I could not get the paper to cut - I tried the new self adjusting blade and an ordinary one. It was very ordinary textured DCWV paper. I changed to some Anna Griffin card and selected Coverstock and the machine cut but then suddenly stopped in one place and made awful noises - I think it was going too slowly and the blade depth was too deep.I just can't seem to get the settings right on my Cameo 3. Any suggestions gratefully received.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Do a test cut at various depths/pressure to see which is right for the card

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Doreen. What I cannot understand is why it won't cut the file on the same settings I had for the old Cameo- because I had to separate pieces I had it saved as project on my flash drive. I used the same paper stock.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPig1 View Post
    Thank you Doreen. What I cannot understand is why it won't cut the file on the same settings I had for the old Cameo- because I had to separate pieces I had it saved as project on my flash drive. I used the same paper stock.
    I sometimes think the Cameo must have a mind of it's own although I wonder if even the same card in the same colour can vary in the making of it.I know different colours of the same card can vary

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Also, all machines cut differently, for some reason.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I am having similar problems with my Cameo 3 since the firmware upgrade V.140 and Studio V.3.8.150 I did on the same day. My Cameo 3 is not cutting the card I normally use like Super Smooth and Centura Pearl cleanly even with a ratchet blade. The auto blade has a mind of it's own, sometimes works and not other times just stays on 0. It is really frustrating and I have given up and bought some more dies for my Cut-n-Boss.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a difference a couple of days make! Same project, it cut like a dream. I think mine likes to work at a reduced speed - Very pleased with today's cuts.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Mine prefers a slower speed on anything other than basic shapes. Glad to hear you have it sorted. Have fun.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Neries View Post
    I am having similar problems with my Cameo 3 since the firmware upgrade V.140 and Studio V.3.8.150 I did on the same day. My Cameo 3 is not cutting the card I normally use like Super Smooth and Centura Pearl cleanly even with a ratchet blade. The auto blade has a mind of it's own, sometimes works and not other times just stays on 0. It is really frustrating and I have given up and bought some more dies for my Cut-n-Boss.
    Glad you managed to sort it

View Gallery

What a difference a couple of days make! Same project, it cut like a dream. I think mine likes to work at a reduced speed - Very pleased with today's cuts.
    PinkPig what speed are you using? I have been using the default of 4 for cards stock and having problems.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am using speed 2 Neries

Claire ( aka Pink Pig 1)

View Gallery

I am using speed 2 Neries

Claire ( aka Pink Pig 1)
    Thanks Claire, I will try 2 and see if it works for me too.

View Gallery

I don't find doing test cuts a great help as they often cut perfectly but when applied to a design it's a different story. What works for something simple (e.g. a test cut or basic shape) doesn't cut nearly as well when the design is complicated.