Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Has UKS been hacked?

All, I haven't added UKS to my new laptop favourites bar yet and so still do a Google search to find it. This morning I noticed a message under the address link saying this site might be hacked but chose to ignore it and just clicked the link. This redirected me to a very weird page which I ignored by clicking the back button. When I clicked on the UKS link again it took me to the UKS login page. Perhaps this needs further investigation?
    I have saved a copy of a screen shot I took as a PDF but can't upload to my gallery to show you.

Tks Helen
    We shouldn't wish our lives away but when is my retirement day?
    Coreldraw 12

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftyhels View Post
    All, I haven't added UKS to my new laptop favourites bar yet and so still do a Google search to find it. This morning I noticed a message under the address link saying this site might be hacked but chose to ignore it and just clicked the link. This redirected me to a very weird page which I ignored by clicking the back button. When I clicked on the UKS link again it took me to the UKS login page. Perhaps this needs further investigation?
    I have saved a copy of a screen shot I took as a PDF but can't upload to my gallery to show you.

Tks Helen
    I have the link saved in my favourites and haven't seen what you mention but I would send your message to MaryAnne if I were you.......if you look in the General Scrapping section you will see her name, just left click it with your mouse and it will give the option to send her a private message.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Hi
    Same things is happening to me when I try to open UKscrappers via google, just tried it again but Avast blocked it saying threat detected.

So there is a problem somewhere

Nic

View Gallery

I get that too if I go via ordinary google but not if I go through chrome, hope that makes sense? It is a pain to get rid of the page that pops up instead.

View Gallery

I go in through Firefox and never had any problem but them I have a virus scan that works sutomatic. My IT guy advised stop downloading from sites you do not trust and since I took his advice, I have not had any problems with viruses. Have you run a scan on you pc to make sure you are not infected elseware?
    Petrina

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Yes me too.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Definitely something wrong if you go through Google. If you click on the This site may be hacked link this is what it says :-

"You'll see the message "This site may be hacked" when we believe a hacker might have changed some of the existing pages on the site or added new spam pages. If you visit the site, you could be redirected to spam or malware.

My antivrus blocks the page you are directed to - has anyone told MaryAnne yet ?

UKS.JPG

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (18)
    I also get this happening my if I follow the links in any notification emails from Ukscrappers. I thought it was just my computer but obviously not.
    Karen

Chinese Whisper LO Swap

View Gallery

Yes Shirley I messaged MaryAnne last night (in case Helen hadn't) but so far no reply I'm guessing she hasn't seen it yet

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Thanks Doreen best she knows

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am now getting the message as well.

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJG View Post
    Yes Shirley I messaged MaryAnne last night (in case Helen hadn't) but so far no reply I'm guessing she hasn't seen it yet
    Nothing in my inbox so maybe you PMed MA or Mary Anne (which is my real name) rather than maryanne (which is my user name but not my real name )

I've had a look at the message.

Reading further, and searching anyplace other than Google, you don't see the message. I think the answer is in the How to remove this message section - I think it is all about getting sites to register with Google's "search console" Google ads this worrying message so site admins will register with that service to get the message removed.

We did need to look at the site on the server due to a vBulletin error message that seems to happen when we do an automated back up. The vB guy we use had forgotten his log in. Chris sorted it out, but my bet is that attempted log in fail triggered the message.

And remember, PM maryanne to get to me!

View Gallery

OK. This is something we need to look in to but it might take us a little while to sort it all out.

If you are using a stored link/bookmark you are def. coming to UKS. We'll figure out why the Google link is misdirecting and fix it.

View Gallery

According to Google:

Security Issues
    Currently, we haven't detected any security issues with your site's content. If you want to learn more about security issues and how they could affect your site, review our resources for hacked sites.
    However, if you see a malware warning in the browser when navigating to your site, it's likely that your site is referencing code or content from another domain that has malware.

Once again, so long as you are using a bookmark or link to UKS that has been stored, you will be fine. If you Google UKS and click the generic link, you will go someplace else, so don't do that.

We need to identify the site that is referenced (and that could be a link posted by a UKS member) that DOES have malware on it and remove it.

Once again, as soon as we sort that out and get Google to remove the warning we'll let you know!

View Gallery

You could be right about the pm I've just checked my sent box but the message isn't there....... how strange. Thanks maryanne