Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Question Scrapping again after a break - need advice about adhesive

Hello,

I am looking for a good acid free adhesive. I used to use the Creative Memories tape, and loved the product, and how it was applied.

What adhesives are recommended by the other forum members, and where can I buy them?

Many thanks for your help, in advance.

Louise

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Louise,
    I don't go past Scor Tape for my double sided, and Finnabair's 3D Gloss gel for adhering just about all the embellies. You can apply this with your finger, and as it's so thick you have a lot of control over how much you put on, so it doesn't squirt out the sides when you press it down. This product also makes a fantastic resist when used thru a stencil!
    If you like Glue Dots the best ones I have found by far are Sticky Thumb - they come in different sizes and are flat or dimensional.
    I sell all these in my shop here.
    Kind regards
    Janine

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I use an ATG by 3M/Scotch (the pink acid-free one) You can buy them online, and the adhesive works on a large gun style runner and replacement tapes are available acid free. I got fed up with older layouts falling to pieces as the adhesive I used had lost its stick, once repaired with the ATG they all have stayed put.
    For liquid adhesive I also use a 3M product; Scotch quick dry adhesive. Finally, to stick small, fiddly items where the glue can leak out of the sides I use Ranger multi media matte finish, a strong glue, dries matte but quite pricey.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

I love my Herma adhesive - the removable one, not the permanent - for sticking flat to the page. If I want items raised I use foam tape or squares, Woodware for preference, haven't tried any other brands.

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks