Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love Hedgie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

How do you sort your scraps

Happy New Year fellow scrappers

As part of my 'I'm going to be tidy' plan. I was wondering the best way to sort all the odd bits of paper from kits, the bits that might by 9x12 and then the little odd bits. Up until now I have just kept them all together but this takes up so much space.

I am sure someone may have the perfect solution to this.

Chinese Whispers Christmas Card Swap Chinese Whisper LO swap

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    fran, I know some very organised people wouldn't do it but I have a box full of 12x12 zip lock bags full of my scraps. The only sorting done is to keep cardstock and pp's in separate bags, I have several bags of each category, all with a mixture of colours in.
    I find I can just pick up a bag of each when I go to a crop and I have a good selection available when you just need that little bit to finish a project. I tried to sort into colours but I found that too restricting for me
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I colour them the favourite sides and add them to an Aa4 popper wallet with say, Blues and greens, reds and pinks, yellow and autumnal colours, creams and mauves, black and whites etc. Easy to grab what you need when you need them..I do my card stock like that too.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I have some large zipped pouches (transparent but with a sort of mesh effect) and I put card and paper together according to colour ( red, brown, blue, green, pink, purple etc). For patterned papers I just choose a predominant colour and throw it in there. If I have very old pads of paper I tend to rip them apart and put them into these bags as well and I find that there's a better chance of me using some of them rather than just ignoring them. This works well for me and I sometimes find a piece of patterned paper and a card mat in the bag that I wouldn't have thought of putting together.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I don't. I keep them all in a pizza box, and when it's full I sort through and make page kits from them, or throw away the unloved pieces. I used to sort by colour but I find that I use the scraps more now. I just rummage through the box looking for pieces that go with what I'm already using; sometimes I find other combinations at the same time and pull them for another page. I'm doing one now that is all scraps, even the background is two large scraps pieced together to make 12x12.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (11)
    I use 12 x 12 zip lock bags but sort only by size. Small, medium & large! Now and again I go through them and throw out really old or unloved pp's. One day I'd love to be as organised as Elaine and have then sorted into colours too.
    Member of Scrap That