Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)

matching die and stamp storage

The dreaded storage question

I am very happy with the current way I store my stamps and dies but not so happy with how I store my matching stamps and dies. When I stored them separately I tended to forget I have the 'other half' even when I put labels on to remind me! So I put them into a folder but because of the differences in thickness for some stamps that's not working either

So, I've seen the fab MDF storage that is meant for thinlits style dies (made by Ali Reeves) but it's £45 and I don't know if I can justify the expense, I've seen a cheaper version on the online marketplaces but it only houses half the amount I don't have many sets to worry about but the gap in between drawers doesn't seem very big,

My question is, as I can't source a place that I can physically see the products, does anyone have one of these MDF units and are the spaces between the drawers big enough to accommodate stamps as well? My thoughts are that I can have half the drawer with a magnetic sheet for the dies and then acetate on the other half to stick the stamps to.

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    That is a very good idea! The gap is around 1/2", maybe a bit less..... (I am downstairs at the moment, but I can measure later). I love my unit but I do find the 'trays' don't always pull out easily, but that may be me. I keep meaning to run a candle over the edges...................
    Sheila

View Gallery

If it's 1/2" gap that would work

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I keep my stamp and die sets in a zipped CD case, the long ones that take 2 CDs a side. I put the dies on a magnetic sheet in the bottom pocket and the matching stamps in the top one. If it's a long set then I put each in the bottom pocket opposite each other.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Sorry I didn't post earlier, but I have just measured and my gap is 3/8 of an inch. Hope that helps.
    Sheila

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapmate uk View Post
    I keep my stamp and die sets in a zipped CD case, the long ones that take 2 CDs a side. I put the dies on a magnetic sheet in the bottom pocket and the matching stamps in the top one. If it's a long set then I put each in the bottom pocket opposite each other.
    I keep mine in a similar way at the moment but I'm not happy with the way they are starting to buckle due to the different thicknesses of the stamps, I'm worried that long term it will bend the dies

Thanks Sheila that's a great help

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    Why not get in touch with Ali Reeve and see if they can make some specifically

View Gallery

That would have been a good idea, I wish I had checked back before now!

I took the plunge and ordered the Ali Reeve unit yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to get a 15% discount so now stalking the postie

x Jayne x