Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Meant to say Ellie, yes I had a really good night's sleep and felt better for it too. We actually went out and bought the camera I mentioned on the photography thread. They give you everything in the box except for a memory card, now what's that about!

Tummy is still not happy and terrible IBS but overall much better.

Elaine, RLS as it is called (restless leg syndrome) is more a feeling of something inside you wriggling about, you simply can't ignore it and have to move constantly. It is often caused by a lack of iron but can be triggered by other things, diphenhydramine is a common one, which goes into cough medicine and decongestants. It often runs in families, my dad's side in our case. Being over tired can be a trigger too, but lack of iron is a well known trigger.

Ellie, you sound as though you may have both RLS and periodic limb disorder which my hubby has. They are quite different and with the second one, legs or arms or muscles in general can suddenly jerk and you can kick out quite violently at times, but sometimes it can just be twitching. I had to send hubby packing last night because he'd started off with his PLD. If it's only PLD you can treat it with a small dose of valium, which is what my hubby is on now. They tried carbamazepine which is actually for epileptics but it made him worse. Apart from that I was worried that he was on such a strong drug. A small amount of valium 2mg can be taken safely for long periods although I give Hubby Nytol sometimes or half a sleeping tablet and it keeps him settled for the night. I try to vary it because otherwise I think his body get's used to it; luckily our doctor is very supportive and she knows I keep a track on what I give him. Note, he doesn't have a clue what he takes, I just say 'take that' and he does, God love him.

Have you ever had this diagnosed properly? I honestly believe it is the depth/quality of sleep that is important for periodic limb disorder, because when he takes something that makes him sleep better at night it calms down, but it is a night by night thing. Hubby's only started after he retired.
    Last edited by Susie.A; 28-01-2017 at 08:16 PM.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Gorgeous cards Ellie I esp like the 1st one
    Yes the 2nd die so intricate a card in itself
    Hope you feel better Susie funnily enough restless leg syndrome was talked about on barrydale FB page yes really someone said they put lavender oil on the soles of their feet they read it somewhere tried it and its work so there you go give it a whirl hope it helps

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    There's no stopping you lot and your die buying ! I think you're being too easily enabled. I am not going to follow the crowd, certainly not until I visit a store anyway
    Love that first die Ellie, I could fall for that one. As Susie says, the second one could be cut down into separate parts which will stop it looking so busy.
    Susie, hope you're feeling fit again now.
    I have a birthday card to make, will try and get it done before the end of the month and use this months colours. Looking forward to seeing what Nat comes up with for February
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks for the ideas Ladies
    I had thought of cutting out the middle, because it's the bird I don't like.
    and something simple ,like a sentiment would work fine.
    I will try it.

Glad you are back home Alison. Did you get any good photos?

Susie, I think you are probably right about PLD. I just put it
    down to RLS. No, I haven't been to the Docs, because it's not regular,
    just sometimes. I did take an iron supplement a few years ago, but it
    didn't agree with me, so just try to eat lots of green veg.
    I sometimes have liver, but don't really like it.
    My Aussie friend has IBS, and they found that she is allergic to Gluten,
    and intolerant to Fructose and Lactose. So you can see why I panic about
    food, when they come over. Even if she just has a tiny bit of Gluten, by mistake,
    she is violently sick and unwell for the next 24 hrs. So if we go out to eat over here
    it's a marathon finding out what's in the meal.
    Hope you are feeling better now. Xx
    Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Thanks Ellie. I hope I've got some good pics ! My mission this week is to sort them out, not as many as I have from some holidays, it's hard work when it's cold and you have to keep taking your gloves off ! And it was only light too about 2pm !!
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    Here is a card I made
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Here is another one
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Nice cards Chris.
    The second one is very original, and I like the bikes on the first one.
    Ellie

View Gallery

Yes lovely cards the 2nd one all the detail I been punching out paper saquares too this afternoon

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Both brilliant cards Chris, the second one must have taken ages to make! I've seen that die off the first one before too, I love the way you've used it.

Ellie, that must be such a worry for you with your friend having such bad intolerances. I use a lot of Arla products now for lactose free and they are great. I actually prefer the Arla whole milk to ordinary milk now and I love their 'butter' and their cheese spread too. They also do hard cheeses and their mild flavoured cheese is a little bit like Edam but great if you want to add it to pizzas or just eat on a sandwich. Have you tried these when your friend comes to stay?

Has anyone noticed how the nights are getting lighter here already?

View Gallery

Susie, yes we have had the milk and butter. It is getting better in this country,
    and since they were here two yrs ago I've seen more and more food for
    intolerance sufferers. I don't think we will have much of a problem next time.
    Luckily it's our turn to go there this year, and she doesn't have any problem there.
    Even in the country small towns you can find a cafe or bakery that does GF things.

Yes I've noticed it's getting lighter now, which pleases DH. He hates dark nights
    with a passion. He gets moody and irritable when he can't get outside !!
    Ellie

View Gallery

Pleased the nights getting lighter spring is round the corner
    It will be a relief you going there to Oz this time foodwise for your friend not easy

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Good morning ladies, so glad your Mum is home Elaine and thanks for the advise about uploading, it worked, I have just been playing catch up, all your cards are lovely and have given me ideas on how to use some of my many dies. I had some Christmas money left and have bought some stamps and dies, it's your fault Ladies LOL but I am going to use them, we haven't any craft shops near us so I have to buy on-line mostly from a shopping Channel that has "1 day specials" and do lots of demo's' I was ironing yesterday with my headset on watching catch up on the channel and just ordered a few bits, like you do. I am looking forward to next month as well as my DGD who is 6 wants to make some cards for her Mummy and some of my new purchases will work lovely and keep her entertained, She loves my big shot, right of for a coffee before the family get up
    Chris
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Card

Morning Chris.
    That sounds like an expensive bit of ironing
    Hope you have a lovely time with your DGD.

This is the die, that I didn't like. I did what you said Susie and cut out the bird.
    It looks ok without any sentiments as well.
    Also I put this piece of card over the middle, and that looks ok.
    I would round off the corners.
    It's not a good photo, because the light today is dull.
    I had to put foil behind the covered middle one, to try and get some more light
    I think both ways work ok.
    Ellie
    Ps the grey card is supposed to be a bit messy round the edges

So many crafts, so little time here be dragons's Avatar
    View Gallery

I love the card with the squares and that die does look better with the centre masked, I think.... :-)
    Here is my card featuring the darker blue and a few other blues as well! It's the other emboss-resist base I made, and I have used one of my new Chocolate Baroque stamps as the topper.

Wendy
    New blog! Craft, Cook, Repeat
    At last I have a blog! Scrapbooks & Cookbooks