Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I'm just going to copy what I've written on the photography thread, this is how I spent my day...

I have just spent most of my day on the phone trying to sort out pet insurance. I'm now waiting for a manager to ring me because what they keep telling me is so conflicting. I also typed a four page letter of complaint, couldn't have held the pen long enough for the handwritten one for the other photography thread. There was a handwritten letter one on there wasn't there? I usually right to companies when I am pleased with them so this was hard and all such a waste of time. First time I rang I waited 30 minutes to get through and second time 1 hour, by which time they'd closed, but do they tell you they've closed, oh no they just keep asking you to hold on, another thing that has gone into the letter.

I am desperately trying to get some cards made for birthdays but managed nothing more than finding those pads. I still have to get to the bottom of the insurance debacle and one of the birthdays is the 7th and then the 9th. I'm out tomorrow and Thursday so I can't see me getting them done in time. I hate to buy cards and these are people who expect a hand made card and look forward to them. Haven't taken the decs down yet either and I still haven't sorted out my neighbour's energy switch.

Alison, I promise no more stash buying although I hate to admit it when Elaine is listening that I do have some dies on the way! They were really cheap in the sales, so what's a girl to do! :roll eyes:

Oh meant to say Nat, that is one seriously lovely card.

Elaine, I've seen your craft room remember! Actually, quite a few of my paper pads came free with magazines, now I tend to look for free dies on the odd occasion I do buy magazines.

Of course, on Thursday I'm over to the Wirral to get my haircut (birthday next week) and with having it short I like to allow a good week for it to grow, it grows very fast. Now the reason I'm telling you this is because we usually pop in to Burleydam Garden Centre and they have a brilliant craft shop. So Alison, all bets are off on that one.

Hey ho, tomorrow is another day and maybe I'll get something done.

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Alison, I promise no more stash buying although I hate to admit it when Elaine is listening that I do have some dies on the way! They were really cheap in the sales, so what's a girl to do! :roll eyes:
    Big brother is always watching you! Lol
    I can't complain..I've placed a couple of orders recently..although I confess they are actual albums to store all my made lasts in so I don't feel too guilty!
    I wish there was a bricks and mortar craft shop near me! Sigh...
    Hope you get to the bottom of the insurance debacle! So frustrating!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

[QUOTE=elainevking;6678617]Big brother is always watching you! Lol
    Love it!

I'm waiting for a call from the insurance today, not holding out any hope though.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Have they phoned you back yet Susie?
    That's really bad customer service, isn't it?

Well, I've just come back from Crafters Companion shop,
    They have a sale on. I went to look for some dies, but didn't see
    anything in the sale that I really wanted ! There were one or two Christmas
    things, but the not in the sale dies ,were quite expensive.
    How much do you all expect to pay for dies?
    Some of them were £35 --£40, and I don't make that many cards, so
    wouldn't use them that much!
    Oh, I also bought some cosmic shimmer, and I've just had a parcel
    that I ordered at 4pm yesterday, from Hey Little Magpie, so that's what I call Service.

Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Hope you got sorted and insurance called you back Susie poor you what a drama ((hugs))
    Sounds like a nice shop yes arent some dies so expensive looking forward to see you cosmic shimmer everything
    I made a card last night stated off the blue tones but not really in keeping with the challenge so I will try another one

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

No, still waiting for the call.

Good grief Ellie, that is a staggering amount for dies unless you are buying a bundle. Nice to have the Crafters Companion shop though.

I am rarely lucky in sales, I usually miss out or there is never anything I would want to buy, so tend not to bother going to them.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Susie, I forgive you but I shall expect to see lots of cards !
    Any luck with your pet insurance ?
    Ellie, is the crafters companion shop the one near Dobbies ? £35-40 is a bit pricey, but some of theirs are very intricate aren't they.
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Yes that's the one Alison, and to be fair they are very intricate, and some were large ones.
    I did buy 2 laser cut silhouettes in the sale, which were lovely and also intricate.
    Not sure what to do with them yet
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Alison, not sure about the cards though. I've made two in pink today whilst I was waiting for call that never came! So they don't fit the prompts but at least I have the first two birthdays cards done, just got to print the inserts.

I know, I'll pop them in the gallery just to prove to you that I have been busy.

Don't forget Ellie, if you see any dies you would like cutting and I have them, I am more than happy to cut a pile of stuff for you. It's a good cheap way to find out if you really need the dies.

Ellie I've just had a great thought... if you come up with a die I haven't got, I could buy it and tell hubby it's all your fault, you forced me into buying it!

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Ellie I've just had a great thought... if you come up with a die I haven't got, I could buy it and tell hubby it's all your fault, you forced me into buying it!
    You're incorrigible! Lol
    No cards needed for me this month..but I'll see if I get time to make a couple of standbys

View Gallery

Thanks very much Susie ,that's very kind of you.
    Don't think your hubby would be too pleased with me encouraging you
    to buy more dies.
    I agree with Elaine , YOU are incorrigible!!
    Ellie

View Gallery

Card

Here's one I made for my friend who's an avid bike rider.
    I've used the nearest blues that I had.
    Ellie
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Funnily enough Ellie, I am always saying the same to my hubby that he's incorrigible, he always pretends I said encourageable just to annoy me!

I love your card, it is just perfect especially for someone who loves cycling and I definitely think you've got the shade of blue in there, especially the stars.

We were out all day yesterday, so I have a lot of catching up to do on here but must get on with a birthday card I need for tomorrow. Oh and by the way, I was very brave, I didn't go near Burleydam craft - bet that's surprised you Elaine!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    lovely card Ellie

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Love your card Ellie x
    Susie very proud of you keeping away from the craft store
    Well, I maganed to make 5 Christmas cards last night using the colour scheme ! I hope you are suitable impressed ! They were quick and easy cards, and all very similar, but I can't make fancy cards for everyone I'll photograph them when we get some decent daylight. Now need to work on some birthday cards, we have a lot of February birthdays in our family....
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022