Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)

2017 is almost here !!

Well, that's another year nearly over. Hope everyone has had some good times in 2016, and has many more good times in the years to come.

Does anyone have any scrapping/crafting plans for the new year ?

I'm not going to call them resolutions but I do plan ...
    Not to buy any cards in 2017 but make them all myself to use up some stash (hope Nat's card challenge is continuing )
    To do a record of the year, along the lines of document 2010 that shimelle shared with us all those years ago ( I still need to finish 2010!)
    To get my photos sorted into some kind of order
    To get my December Daily/JYC finished by the end of January !!
    I think that's enough for the time being

What does everyone else have planned ?

I'm looking forward to seeing what UKS brings in the new year. I love coming here most days and finding inspiration for my scrapping, and catching up with the lovely people I am getting to know on here. I love the weekly and monthly challenges, even though I don't always get round to doing them in time. Thankyou karen for all your hard work in getting these organised, and thanks to all those people in the background that I don't know about who keep the UKs site up and running
    Thanks also to Sue for blogbits, Jemma for SLYMIR and craftyprincess for simple recipes, where would we be without you

I know there is a UKS winter SNAP challenge coming up very soon, looking forward to that, the summer one was so much fun

Happy New Year to you all xxx
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I echo those sentiments Alison.
    Lots to look forward to.
    As for plans? I'm going to three retreats this year..and I hope to have some more 'me' time and not having to keep running around after others all the time!
    Can't wait for the winter Snap challenge.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (60)
    Happy New Year, Alison and Elaine, and all UK Scrappers.

This year I will tidy up my craftroom and have a really good sort out - I've been promising to do it for so long

I will start my Christmas card making sooner.

The Winter Snap! Challenge is all ready and set to go, probably Sunday as that is the first of the month.

winter snap challenge.JPG

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Woo hoo!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    Yes me to Sue tidy up my scrapping area
    Make cards (but earlier )
    Keep up the chatting with scrappy friends wishing you all scrappy new year

View Gallery

Tidying and sorting my craft room should be on my list, will get round to it one day !!

For anyone who may be interested the Chinese Whisper layout swap is now up in the CJ forum, everyone is welcome to come and join in
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I would love to really get into my craft room, and make it useable, because sometimes I cannot find what I am desperate for.
    Continue with my de-cluttering, and finish my wardrobe
    I will make a start after the 5th of January, who's me luck, as I do for all of you
    Happy New Year

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by ruth View Post
    I would love to really get into my craft room, and make it usable, because sometimes I cannot find what I am desperate for.
    Oh me too, Ruth, me too

What have we here Watson? misteejay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Happy New Year everyone.
    I really need to get my craft stuff sorted & organised - it is such a mess that I just can't find what I know I have.
    I will play with a few more "batch" ideas for Christmas cards this year as it was something that worked well for me in 2016.

http://misteejay.blogspot.com/
    when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Happy New Year everyone!

I'm not making any specific resolutions this year except that I want to regain some time for crafting and enjoy it.

But what is a new year without a new challenge? The details of this year's card challenge are up here in the cardmaking forum - plus the prompts will translate very easily to any papercrafting projects, not just cards so feel free to join in whatever you make!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Yay, thanks Nat x
    I too want to do some batch Christmas cards throughout the year
    My friends and I who meet once a week have decided to have a card making night once a month, which must include Christmas cards
    I'd love to be able to find everything in my craft room too
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    I have made the opposite decision to you Alison! I've decided to stop making birthday/Christmas cards for everyone and will only make them for special occasions and close family at Christmas time so that I can concentrate fully on scrap-booking. I've been toying with the idea for a number of years but didn't want to upset anyone, but the decision was made when our some of our family sent us teeny tiny (less than 3" square Christmas cards) - I suppose I should be grateful to recieve a card at all but I had laboured long and hard over their 8x8 creations!

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    It's very understandable Jayne. I'm afraid I had to miss a few people off my list in 2016 as I just didn't have enough cards to go around plus the would-be recipients never/no longer sent cards to me and with the cost of postage now (aka almost all my cards had to go 2nd class large) I will leave the special cards for close family and friends and those I know appreciate them. Although I'm also wondering how successfully I might go the route that Jennifer McGuire did where she'd make five of the same card in one sitting to build her stockpile up while she had all the items out on her work desk - that could work for me on festive cards and if I kept them quite plain and flat and used the Misti tool I could catch-up with myself and not be too stressed out. Who knows if I'll put that theory to the test!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    I didnt send as many this year handmade nor receive as many with the cost of postage and living oversea unless you get them sent really early they dont arrive in time anyway I have to say I did go for the ecards though and did send to people that only get a card or otherwise would loose touch altogether my family and closer friends we agreed and I sent a donation to donkey charity too in lieu of postage so everyone happy I hope
    I do try to send special ones for birthdays I think its become expected so hope to make a head start on that this year