Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Thread: Cutterpillar

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Cutterpillar

Yesterday on Create and Craft I heard Michelle (sorry don't know her other name) one of the demonstrators say if people have problems reading the measurements on the Cutterpillar you can download a PDF of the measurements (I assume to stick on the cutter) from the Cutterpillar website....has anyone done this and if so do you have a link please because I can't see it on there. I've sent an email to the company but as it's the weekend I doubt there's anyone there to answer TIA
    Last edited by DJG; 10-02-2017 at 09:46 PM.

You wait for a silence, I wait for a word Dan99's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Is this what you were after?

I don't have one myself but I googled cutterpillar.com and pdf and this is what came up. This is for the Cutterpillar Crop (you didn't mention if you need it for the Crop or the Pro).
    New set of free designs here
    Butterfly Project Free Template here
    My Blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I am super interested in this - I'd like to know if it is as good as they say - cause they ALL say "Our trimmer is the best, it cuts straight,the blades last a long time" and it has always been a lie

I would love to have a quality trimmer, once and for all!

to add: Oh dear! not exactly glowing reviews on Amazon.com
    https://www.amazon.com/Cutterpillar-...ews/B011Q22Q16

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

I think the clean cut is in the technique, I had a go of the crop version of this the other week as I met up with a crafty friend who had purchased both the large one full time for her crafting worktop and the crop version for taking with her to classes, etc.

You have to press the blade against the runner bit as you are cutting not just push the blade carriage along. It's not hard to master once you know that's where you are applying pressure as you run the blade. Very clean cut and I checked, the results were true. My biggest bug bear is trimmers that do not cut to true measurements/cut wonky. I would say the closest it came to in terms of cut for me was the Making Memories trimmer but it was more accurate and the LED light is a nice feature if you want to see where you will be cutting not just based on measurements.

If I hadn't invested in a new Fiskars trimmer (surecut plus with aluminium rail) recently to accompany my beloved Tim Holtz Tonic guillotine I would have been swayed at the right price for the crop. I've not seen it at a decent price when I went searching for it after my little try out session. I suspect it will be harder to find at a decent price for a while now as the exchange rate fluctuations will no doubt put the price up.

RE the markings, my friend has used white acrylic paint to show up the markings and it has really worked. Think she applied the paint and rubbed it off so the paint only ends up in the engraved plastic markings.

~ Natty ~

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Jeez. The pro is not quite £70 in the USA and the crop £55. The exchange rate is a killer

View Gallery

I now remember the thing I didn't like - no guard to hold down the paper at the cutting edge. I remember that this is what made cutting a bit problematic as you physically need to hold the paper in place yourself, you can't press down on a plastic guard that holds the paper down along the entire cutting edge, so one slip and you go wonky! If cutting vellum or thin paper then it's much easier for the paper to slip if you don't have a guard to hold it down firmly.

Who knows, their next version may include the guard and it would be worth holding out for it... in the meantime still making do with what's out there and affordable. But my oh my, the amount of money spent on trimmers since I started crafting to just find one that did the job and "for life".... yeah... much more cautious about "the next big thing" in the trimmer world. I definitely have the sit back and wait for the tried and tested reviews to come in.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

That being said, if the TH guillotine came out with a 6.5 inch by 12"-ish cutting area and a swing out arm that took it to 12 x 12 inches or there abouts I would be very interested. Love my little guillotine for cutting smaller format paper/cardstock and for really cutting with precision. I actually use this the most now and only use the larger 12x12 compatible trimmer when cutting 12x12 sheets for the first time.

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Dan99 View Post
    Is this what you were after?

I don't have one myself but I googled cutterpillar.com and pdf and this is what came up. This is for the Cutterpillar Crop (you didn't mention if you need it for the Crop or the Pro).
    Yes that's it thank you Dan. As it's the measurements I assumed it be the same for both

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Mystik Nat View Post
    I think the clean cut is in the technique, I had a go of the crop version of this the other week as I met up with a crafty friend who had purchased both the large one full time for her crafting worktop and the crop version for taking with her to classes, etc.

You have to press the blade against the runner bit as you are cutting not just push the blade carriage along. It's not hard to master once you know that's where you are applying pressure as you run the blade. Very clean cut and I checked, the results were true. My biggest bug bear is trimmers that do not cut to true measurements/cut wonky. I would say the closest it came to in terms of cut for me was the Making Memories trimmer but it was more accurate and the LED light is a nice feature if you want to see where you will be cutting not just based on measurements.

If I hadn't invested in a new Fiskars trimmer (surecut plus with aluminium rail) recently to accompany my beloved Tim Holtz Tonic guillotine I would have been swayed at the right price for the crop. I've not seen it at a decent price when I went searching for it after my little try out session. I suspect it will be harder to find at a decent price for a while now as the exchange rate fluctuations will no doubt put the price up.

RE the markings, my friend has used white acrylic paint to show up the markings and it has really worked. Think she applied the paint and rubbed it off so the paint only ends up in the engraved plastic markings.
    That's a great idea re the white paint if the printed version doesn't last thank you

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I am super interested in this - I'd like to know if it is as good as they say - cause they ALL say "Our trimmer is the best, it cuts straight,the blades last a long time" and it has always been a lie

I would love to have a quality trimmer, once and for all!

to add: Oh dear! not exactly glowing reviews on Amazon.com
    https://www.amazon.com/Cutterpillar-...ews/B011Q22Q16
    Must admit I love mine. It does say you'll never have to buy another blade because as you're cutting the card or paper the blade gets sharpened but if you for some reason you ever do it has a a lifetime warranty so they will replace the blade

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Jeez. The pro is not quite £70 in the USA and the crop £55. The exchange rate is a killer
    I bought mine from Create and Craft

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Have you seen their new product - Cuttapillar Glow a self-healing cutting board that is illuminated and available as a plug in mains or a carry anywhere battery model. There's a demo of it on Ken's creations on YouTube