Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    If you bought from a local store, you could try taking it back to them and asking them to try it. That's what I did and it's reassuring to know that it's nothing you are doing wrong. They could perhaps try bigger dies if you don't own any because that's when the problems will really show up. Although from your photo's it does look as though you have a problem machine.

I tested my machines to death so there was no excuse for them. I tried a variety of makes of dies, in case on make was causing the problem, different weights of paper and different settings. Have you tried embossing with it. When I used an A4 embossing folder the same thing happened, it embossed parts of the edge but not others and then there were odd bits of areas that simply didn't emboss at all, whilst other parts embossed fine.

I sent all the failed attempts off to the store with the machines so they could do like for like comparisons. You can't say I didn't try!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I bought it from a big well known craft store, so would be no probs to
    take it back.
    I have tried the smaller embossing folders, and they are ok.
    Not tried a big one yet. Will give it a go tomorrow.
    I have packed it in for today.
    Glad that you got yours sorted in the end. I think that you have to be
    persistent ,in these matters.
    Ellie

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Elaine, thanks so much for your comment. I love that your two cards are so different and each just lovely in their own different way. I have to ask if the sentiment on the first one is a stamp that you've heat embossed? Could you tell me what the make is, it is so classy?
    I'm afraid I have no idea..it's one I got in a job lot somewhere..I used gold embossing powder and, as you say, heat embossed it.

All I can say is I'm glad I don't have an Xcut express!
    Last edited by elainevking; 10-10-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If anyone asked me where my stamps came from, most of the time I wouldn't have a clue. Yours is a particularly lovely font and looks beautiful heat embossed. It looks so familiar I probably have it in my stash somewhere, I must check sometime.

Don't start me on the X-Cut, I'm just going to bed and I'll probably have nightmares

View Gallery

I had another go with my intricate dies today, and they cut perfectly!!
    Must have been me, not doing it right :rolleyes :
    Also tried embossing a small folder and a A4 folder, and they were perfect.
    Hooray! I don't think that I had got the pressure correct last time.
    I will persevere and see what happens.
    Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am so glad it was you and not the machine, if you know what I mean. At least you won't have to go to the trouble of taking it back. The best test is large dies and A4 folders, as that is what mine couldn't cope with and if your A4 folder is embossing perfectly then it should be okay.

After having 3 faulty machines, I think I was just destined not to have the X-Cut or maybe they have corrected the fault now.

View Gallery

Thanks Susie, yes I know what you mean.
    I used the folder again today, and it was ok.
    I haven't got a really big die, perhaps I ought to get one to see if it works,
    Ellie

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

If the embossing is even across your A4 folder then I wouldn't think you'd have any problems. Still, it wouldn't hurt to try a larger die. I had problems with all my larger dies obviously, but one of them Tonic Beautiful Bramble Square was almost 6 inches across and that wouldn't cut as you saw. In the end, if I wanted to cut it I had to put it through my faithful old Cuttlebug which cut it just fine.

I think you will be okay but try it just in case and it's a good excuse for buying a new die!

View Gallery

Are you enabling people again Susie? one die addict in the group is enough! Naughty!
    Glad your persevering paid off Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh Elaine, that's so cruel - TRUE, but cruel! I just thought if you were all buying more dies I would feel better about myself.

Of course all this chatting means I'm not getting much crafting done, although I have just been having a play with the news dies as I do have 3 birthdays on the 1st November and one on the 4th.

View Gallery

Three on one day..that's unusual! I have two on the 7th. My sons and a dear friend (male)!.. I always find them harder to do.

I did laugh at your comment about feeling better about yourself encouraging us to buy! My DH always says that..if I a being 'naughty' and having a cake or similar I get him one too.. He says it makes me feel better knowing he's being naughty too..he's right! It does. Unfortunately he's a naturally slim person so he can eat what he likes whereas I eat one slice of cake and gain half a stone! Grr!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Wow, now I feel like I'm stalking you Elaine!

My hubby is the one for cakes and since I do the 5:2 diet I try to keep away from sweet stuff. Mind you, on this diet you can eat what you want and tonight we are off to a birthday meal and there will be desserts and cake. This is the American side of the family and they don't do things by half and are all great cooks.

I am terrible though (you'd probably call it enabling) as I am always buying OH cakes when I go out. He loves Chelsea Buns, in fact, anything with icing on and although I do like him to eat healthily, I would never dream of imposing my eating habits on to him. So he eats all the chocolate and cakes and like your OH Elaine, doesn't put on weight - life simply isn't fair! The great thing about the 5:2 is I know if I put on a pound or two I can easily drop it again and I call it the 2 day diet, which suits me just fine.

Last night I cut all the new dies out just to see how they cut and then figure out the best way to use them. The Spellbinders are very classy designs and I can't think why I've never really bought them before.

Off to see if I can make a start on some cards before I have to walk the dogs. Even if I can just decide which papers, ribbons, flowers etc... I'm going to use that would be something.

View Gallery

I've been busy making Christmas cards again
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

And more
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Absolutely lovely Elaine. Love those first flowers.
    Those last three smaller ones are so cute.
    Clever girl.