Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help with Pixscan

I have looked up previous topic on using pixscan with cameo1 v3.Yet could not find an answer . When i scan an image using my scanner without the pixscan, my images cut perfectly.But when i scan my coloured image using the pixiscan.(scanned 2 times)and trace the image with an outline. Send it to cut. It does not cut at the outline, it cuts away from the outline thus leaving white parts of the card showing at the edge of image. However i don't want to use the normal scan, print and cut as i have to print
    the image before cutting. Hope someone can help me please. Thanks.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Although I've got the PixScan mat I've never used it Ruth so I hope someone can shed a light on the problem other than that
    I would try Youtube

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    I have looked up previous topic on using pixscan with cameo1 v3.Yet could not find an answer . When i scan an image using my scanner without the pixscan, my images cut perfectly.But when i scan my coloured image using the pixiscan.(scanned 2 times)and trace the image with an outline. Send it to cut. It does not cut at the outline, it cuts away from the outline thus leaving white parts of the card showing at the edge of image. However i don't want to use the normal scan, print and cut as i have to print
    the image before cutting. Hope someone can help me please. Thanks.
    Hi Ruth, yes I had the same problem last time I used my PixScan mat with my Cameo ages ago. My calibration is out when using the PixScan mat so all I can suggest is alter your calibration for the PixScan mat then change it back to your original settings for normal print & cut. Depending on how much white is showing move the pointers in the calibration window. The white on mine was showing on the right so I moved the pointer towards the left to compensate. It is guess work how much to move.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I don't even know what calibration is.I don't use a camera. it is my own printed images which i place on the pixscan. Thanks Neries for your help

View Gallery

I don't even know what calibration is.I don't use a camera. it is my own printed images which i place on the pixscan. Thanks Neries for your help
    Ruth the calibration Margaret refers to isn't anything to do with the camera or scanner it's to do with the actual cutter. I've never done it but this explains how to do it http://www.ukscrappers.co.uk/boards/...OBO-Silhouette

View Gallery

Ruth, Doreen is right. It is the calibration page in the Studio software.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I used the pixscan, scanned in some images and the cutting was an inch away from the image.
    So i decided to do trail with my normal cutting mat.I drew some shapes,of various sizes took a note of measurements.Sent to cut. And it was cut perfectly
    at edges.measured again and shapes were exact sizes. Thanks for link on calibration.I just don't understand it.I just hope someone can help me.Thanks ladies.

View Gallery

There's a video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz6RVq4rXFM and another one here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUn47Ykpp38 that might help Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I was using my pixscan mat for the Curio this afternoon so I thought I would try to replicate what you were doing Ruth. I printed off two copies of the same image ,a golfcart,from a digikit. The one I wanted to use myself I put an offset of 0.5 around and then cut out. The second one I just traced the outside edge and cut. There was a very small amount of white in one place outside of the black outline. Is the answer to do an inset to nearly the outside edge?

View Gallery

I used the pixscan, scanned in some images and the cutting was an inch away from the image.
    So i decided to do trail with my normal cutting mat.I drew some shapes,of various sizes took a note of measurements.Sent to cut. And it was cut perfectly
    at edges.measured again and shapes were exact sizes. Thanks for link on calibration.I just don't understand it.I just hope someone can help me.Thanks ladies.
    Ruth I am sure the problem is with the Studio software. I remember now I traced for the cutting lines then moved the cutting lines the amount it was out on the image. It was trial and error guessing the right position but it did work.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks very much everyone for helping and making trial test.I tested again yesterday. I printed some images for the pixscan ,scanned twice ,and then the tracings.For some of the images i did offset outside and for one internal offset.I lowered the offsets to practically nothing.Well the all cut perfectly.It was amazing. I was so happy So thanks so much ladies. I am going use the pixiscan again.

View Gallery

Glad the suggestions helped you Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well printed identical images.Cut one with the normal mat.It was beautifully cut.Hey. Then scanned the second images placed on the pixscn. scanned twice.Traced the images using a bigger screen. Selected the outline, then applied internal offset at 0.08.gave the internal offset different colour, then deleted the original traced line. sent to cut. Beautifully cut.I was so happy.thank you all for your help.