Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

Silhouette Cameo 3

https://www.facebook.com/silhouetteglobal/ just scroll down a bit to where it says Silhouette was live 2016 product release
    Last edited by DJG; 17-08-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Dedicated Card Maker - Limited Sponsor - Shirley Anne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Saw this on FB first this morning Doreen and am definitely going to upgrade although I'll proably wait a little to see if there are any teething problems. Some of the new products look good too.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shirley Anne View Post
    Saw this on FB first this morning Doreen and am definitely going to upgrade although I'll proably wait a little to see if there are any teething problems. Some of the new products look good too.
    It does look good Shirley although I don't think I'll upgrade while my original one is still working but then again .

This has been copied from Silhouette UK Facebook page from Lisa I believe
    CAMEO 3 PRICE & UPDATE
    So I know so many people want a price for the new Cameo and I can finally give you one!
    The new Cameo 3 will me £319.99
    Cameo 2 will remain at £269.99 while stocks last
    As before we are looking at having the stock arrive around the 20th and I can also let you know that I will be doing a couple of Cameo 3 shows on Create & Craft TV on 24th August too!!

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, I'll start saving up !!

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, I'll start saving up !!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I notice on facebook the price is given as $299.99 which equates to roughly £225 so the uk price of £319.99 is a bit steep really! I wonder how they set the uk prices. However the machine looks great and I shall definitely upgrade at some stage. Also looking forward to studio v 4.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    I notice on facebook the price is given as $299.99 which equates to roughly £225 so the uk price of £319.99 is a bit steep really! I wonder how they set the uk prices. However the machine looks great and I shall definitely upgrade at some stage. Also looking forward to studio v 4.
    I imagine that's without vat Sylvia although adding vat at 20% would only make it £270 I guess the best option would be to shop around
    Last edited by DJG; 02-08-2016 at 06:56 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It will be on flexi pay hopefully at C&C . It's the WiFi that sounds so good although I realise it has lots of other great features.It's before the Bank Holiday weekend so unlikely to be part of any other promotion. Looking forward to seeing it in action.

View Gallery

I think the wifi connection is via Bluetooth but I could be wrong and I guess the value of the pound affects the price but we always seem to finish up paying more over here.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    Hey Ladies,

I have just popped this on the facebook page, a lot of people have queried the price but with Brexit happening days before the price was set there is nothing we can do to make it any cheaper
    I have been totally transparent here with costs

We have had a lot of comments on price over night, it always looks like we are charging much more when an item is available in dollars but there is so much more to take into account than just an exchange rate I am afraid - we are quite happy to be transparent and explain this based o the RRP, as you know we are the distributor for the UK so we do not run promotions on machines online as we do not want to compete with our re-sellers who do offer online promotions and bundles

$299 is the RRP in the USA, that equates to about £230 to £235 depending on the exchange rate (which will vary but the price is set once by SA). Add a UK power cable brings it to around £237, add 6% for shipping makes £252, add import duty makes it £260, add 20% VAT makes £312, then support and add a two year warranty to comply with EU law (you only get only 1 year in USA, and would need to get it back to them etc as we do not support any machines that we have not distributed)

There are promotions in the USA with extras etc and when the UK stock arrives our re-sellers will have offers and deals on too but we can not speak for them, so at this stage can only supply you with the RRP

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by CraftFairy View Post
    Hey Ladies,

I have just popped this on the facebook page, a lot of people have queried the price but with Brexit happening days before the price was set there is nothing we can do to make it any cheaper
    I have been totally transparent here with costs

We have had a lot of comments on price over night, it always looks like we are charging much more when an item is available in dollars but there is so much more to take into account than just an exchange rate I am afraid - we are quite happy to be transparent and explain this based o the RRP, as you know we are the distributor for the UK so we do not run promotions on machines online as we do not want to compete with our re-sellers who do offer online promotions and bundles

$299 is the RRP in the USA, that equates to about £230 to £235 depending on the exchange rate (which will vary but the price is set once by SA). Add a UK power cable brings it to around £237, add 6% for shipping makes £252, add import duty makes it £260, add 20% VAT makes £312, then support and add a two year warranty to comply with EU law (you only get only 1 year in USA, and would need to get it back to them etc as we do not support any machines that we have not distributed)

There are promotions in the USA with extras etc and when the UK stock arrives our re-sellers will have offers and deals on too but we can not speak for them, so at this stage can only supply you with the RRP
    Thank you for the information Lisa

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    You can always purchase from America but you would get additional customs import charges, 1 year less warranty (USA warranty is only 12 months, UK is 24 months), no UK plug, No UK tech support and any machine faults would mean you need to send the machine back to America. The US price of $299 doesn't take any taxes in to consideration as each state has a separate tax that is added afterwards. Brexit made huge difference to the dollar to sterling exchange rate so all imported goods will cost more compared their US equivalent.

I think the wifi connection is via Bluetooth but I could be wrong
    You are correct, the wireless connection is done via bluetooth, and for me (maybe it's a geek thing) there is something very cool about sending jobs to the cutter wirelessly.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

I am following the Cameo 3 info with interest. I have a Craft Robo 330-20 which still works fine and I have toyed with the idea of upgrading to the Cameo ever since it came out but managed to resist. However, the Cameo 3 does seem to be a huge leap forward, it's really a question of whether or not I can justify to myself spending that sort of money on what is just a hobby! I know nothing about Blue Tooth other than that people use it for 'in car' phones. How does one acquire it, how difficult is it to set up and how much would this add to the cost of the machine? (Having a few less cables around would be a blessing.)

View Gallery

From my understanding if the machine is connected wirelessly by Bluetooth then it already has it but you your PC or Mac would need to have Bluetooth too so they can "talk" to each other. The laptop I use most of the time used to have it but after upgrading to Windows 10 and then reverting to Windows 8.1 it disappeared and even trying a Bluetooth dongle didn't work for me. I do have another laptop and desktop PC but need to check if they're Bluetooth enabled but I have my files saved externally so it's not a problem if they're not. I would think there are instructions on how to set the Bluetooth up