Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Exclamation 2016 Card Challenge - July

Hello everyone!

Many apologies for the delay in getting this thread up - I've been rather busy this past week since I interrupted a burglary in my home the early hours of Monday morning. Hoping things can get back onto a more even keel soon.

As usual, the prompts for this month are up on my blog together with some additional hints for how to interpret them on your cards - you can find them here.

As always full info about this challenge can be found here in the January post.

Here are the images - hope you enjoy!

Pinspiration prompt:
    07 - Jul prompt.jpg

Christmas prompt:
    07 - Jul Christmas prompt.jpg

Happy crafting!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks for that Nat.
    Hope you are ok after the burglary . That must have been scary.
    Take care
    Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    How awful for you Nat, I hope you are okay.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    We've been burgled in the past but never interrupted it while it's going on, what a shock for you ! Hope you are ok X

Love the colours for this month, sorry I've been awol, I've not been very good at card making recently
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

We had a burglary, they came in the bedroom whilst I was asleep ON MY OWN! Fortunately, they must have got a fright and run off but at the time I didn't know that. It was daytime and I was ill in bed and woke up just as they were shutting the bedroom door. I called out thinking it was hubby and when I got out of bed and looked out of the window and saw no vehicle outside I knew it was a break-in. In those days we didn't have a phone in the bedroom and mobiles hadn't been invented so I ventured out armed with a can of Right-Guard deodorant spray! To this day I always sleep with the bedroom door locked. I think it was the fact that they knew what I looked like but I never saw their faces that bothered me the most, I could have walked past them in the street and wouldn't have known.

How you even managed to think about putting up the prompts Nat is beyond me. The main thing is that your are okay, the rest is stuff and I take it you are okay despite the tremendous shock you've had. Do let us know you are okay when you get the chance. You know we are all thinking of you.x

View Gallery

July

Here is my card, using Royal blue.
    Ellie.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a gorgeous card Ellie and a great use of the blue colour.

View Gallery

Thank you Susie. I've had that topper for a while, and thought that it
    was a good blue. It looks cockeyed in the photo, but it's bot
    Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

It's the angle at which you take the photo isn't it, but to be honest I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out, I was so drawn to the beautiful topper. I love that tag too and just noticed the string/rope - very clever idea.

View Gallery

Thank you Susie.
    Ellie.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanks everyone, am getting there... there are some aspects that are still wigging me out a bit, including potentially having to provide evidence in court later this summer. I now know the guy's name but have no face to put to him as I only saw him from behind. I really want to keep it that way and expressed to the CPS if I am called upon as a witness then I would like it possible to remain that way - he doesn't see me and I don't see him as that aspect has actually made it easier to move on. I have no face to put to the guy.
    The things that weirded me out the most were that with my Driving License stolen someone out there could easily have my details and come and try their luck, but I've done everything I can to protect my identity against fraud and my car locks, etc. had to be replaced since my car keys were stolen. It takes me 10 minutes extra to leave the house and I am now even more dithery about whether I definitely locked something before going to bed/going out. A lot of second guessing... Sadly going to have to chop down the entire clematis at the back of my garden just so my house isn't seen as an easy target for someone to climb over for a look. But anyway, hard to believe it was only a week ago!

In happier news I had a little stash delivery yesterday of a card kit and some of the contents fit the prompt, so I can hopefully get something made sooner rather than later!

Ellie, I love how you have used those deep blues on your card and contrasted the blue with the bright stripes - lovely!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Thank you Nat.
    I'm pleased that you are feeling a bit better about things, but it's still worrying
    that you might have to go to court, lets hope not.
    I had a similar thing ,about two yrs ago. DH was away,and about 3am the light went on
    outside the garage. I looked out the window to see two men in balaclavas trying to
    break into the car . I opened the window and shouted at them. As cocky as anything,
    they just sauntered down the drive , but as they walked passed the front of the house
    one of them looked straight at me and drew his finger across his throat!
    It was that act that frightened me the most.
    Have to say ,the police were wonderful and had a dog team round in minutes.
    A policewoman also phoned me the next day to see how I was.
    They caught them and they pleaded guilty to a string of burglaries .
    I can still see their eyes now, so perhaps it's good that you didn't see them Nat.
    Hope everything gets back to normal soon
    Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That is horrible Ellie but like you my first reaction has been to bang on the window.

As Ellie has said,hopefully you won't have to go to court and I think they can protect identity even if you each know one another. It will take time for you to get over this Nat and I fully understand the checking thing. My hubby used to laugh at me when I locked the bedroom door and checked that I locked it over and over. That stopped after a while. My thought is, they can take what they want from the house but the keys, phones and valuables are in the bedroom with me, locked in at night. They can have the car, don't care as long as they don't get my dogs.

We used to have lock up garages at the end of our Vale and one night some men had brought a stolen car down to them and were in the process of stripping it down. Some neighbours spotted them and rather than go to their own house to call the police (no mobiles then either) they called at ours. Seconds later the men followed them to our house complete with MARIGOLD gloves no less and asked us to give them 15 minutes to finish the job. We then had the discussion about the fact that the car didn't belong to anyone round by us as if this made it alright. Needless to say we called the police but the men knew where we lived not our neighbours!!!

The trouble is, where we live is very, very quiet and only a handful of houses so the baddies used to come here thinking they wouldn't be noticed, but because it is so quiet you notice everything.

One last story - my hubby was a cabbie and one evening there was a bus strike. Just further down from our house is a lamppost and there under the lamppost is a man apparently fixing his car. Hubby was going to ask if he needed help but thought better of it as he could have been there for ages and needed to get to work. Shortly after the car burst into flames. The guy wasn't fixing it he was setting fire to it. When my husband found out he said if he'd offered to help, the guy probably would have said "Yeah, have you got a match?" The road was wrecked but fortunately our beautiful York stone paving were undamaged, they are one of only a couple of places left Liverpool where the original York stone is still in place.

Happy to say that for a while now it has been very quiet here - or have I spoken too soon.

View Gallery

I hope not Susie
    You just cannot believe some of the things that you see, can you?
    It does make you think twice about helping people !
    Ellie.

View Gallery

July Blue.

Another card using blue, but not too much of it .
    Ellie.
    Attached Images Attached Images