Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks for the tip on exporting the Library Doreen. Once it is exported how do you keep it up to date without exporting everything again, especially if you have a number of new files? Or if you ask it to export the library again does it just ask about not duplicating files IYKWIM?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Thanks for the tip on exporting the Library Doreen. Once it is exported how do you keep it up to date without exporting everything again, especially if you have a number of new files? Or if you ask it to export the library again does it just ask about not duplicating files IYKWIM?
    As far as I know the only way is to do it again no option just to do any new files

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I am sure when I have done it, it asks if I want to replace the file already on my ehd and I just say yes. It backs it all up and doesn't take very long at all. It's a really easy process and one we should all do regularly, but often fail to do. Come to think of it, I haven't done it in a few weeks so will do tomorrow!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks ladies. I backed up to my EHD last night and at one time I used to save everything to disc as well, but I seem to have become rather lazy. Also, having had a disc become corrupted for no apparent reason, I don't trust them now. Mind you, anything can become corrupted I suppose. I must keep on top of it though.

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen, will back up ASAP. Is there anyway to be able to check how large the library is to make sure it will go onto storage device

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liverbird View Post
    Thank you Doreen, will back up ASAP. Is there anyway to be able to check how large the library is to make sure it will go onto storage device
    I don't think there is a way to check the size before you back it up. Mine is 20 mb but there's only the free files that come with the machine in it. If you need to know the size back it up to your desktop then right click and choose properties and you can see the size and drag it onto an external drive or usb stick that has enough room

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for the info. When you want work in studio how do you acces your images.And also how do put all my images on usb etc.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCESSRUTH2 View Post
    Thanks for the info. When you want work in studio how do you acces your images.And also how do put all my images on usb etc.
    You can't work with images from your backup file Ruth you will need to have them somewhere else to use them. The backup file can't be viewed as images it's so you can put them back on your pc if your pc has a problem or if you buy a new pc. To save them to a usb stick you need to open each one in the work space and chose save or save as from the file tab then find your usb stick to save it on. I have a folder with subfolders marked cards/border/tags etc and there are subfolders in there for each file. If you have a lot of files it could take some time I started doing this when I bought my first machine (Craft Robo)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you so much for that post on exporting your library Doreen. I followed your instructions and exported my library before upgrading to Windows 10 on Sunday. The upgrade was a disaster as I ended up with 'the blue screen of death'. By using the boot menu I was able to reload my pictures, documents etc when I tried again but had to sacrifice all my applications like Design Studio. I downloaded the DS software but couldn't get it to import my library. After loading everything back on to my laptop over a couple of days it crashed completely again so I took the decision as I couldn't get back to Windows 7 to buy a new laptop. This afternoon I have managed to import all my library into the Studio thank goodness and thanks to Doreen. I used to have the Designer version of Studio- how can I tell if the version I am running is the basic or designer one please?

View Gallery

Sorry to hear about your disaster Pinkpig. Open Studio and it will say at the top of the screen which version you have
    de 1.jpg

Or click the help tab choose about Silhouette Studio and a box will pop up saying which version you have.
    de 2.jpg
    Last edited by DJG; 20-05-2016 at 05:59 PM.

View Gallery

When you open the program and look along the top left, it should say which you are running.

View Gallery

We posted at the same time Doreen, but as always yours is a much better explanation.

View Gallery

I'm not good wuth explaining Sue but they do say a picture paints a thousand words LOL

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you both!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well I checked and it wasn't DE so I emailed Silhouette America on Sunday and had a reply this morning where they told me where to look for the code so I have just reactivated my DE version.If anyone else has an account you can find your product keys and recover items you have bought from them by logging into your account. Really great service, thanks Silhouette USA.