Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    I love the WOW embossing powders..they come in all sorts of colours..but I do stamping with coloured ink and then using clear embossing powder over them to get my colours..although..like you I have a selection of others in a little case that I think came free with a magazine once. I bought a couple of coloured ones at the Make it show a few weeks back though.
    Great card Ellie..like the way you spritzed the peacock. It deserved some special treatmeant because they are such pretty birds.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    i joined in I was going to do one with the embossed paper and line of butterflys/flowers like your ELaine but turned into this card.JPG
    Thanks for inspiration

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Such a pretty card and a favourite sentiment of mine too. I can't believe the embossing folder you've used, I've just made two Easter cards with it today - great minds hey! Can't post them because they are just a copy of the Christening card I posted in February but I needed some cards in a hurry.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Meant to say Elaine, I will check out the Wow powders. I called at our local craft shop and bought three embossing powders by Stampendous, a clear, winter wonderland and a black but the black say opaque beneath the colour. When I tried it, it was part shiny and part flat, have you got this and what is it best used for please?

View Gallery

Not familiar with that one I'm afraid.
    I had an early birthday present yesterday from DS1 whole pack of assorted Wow glitters! Lovely.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (7)
    I like the WOW embossing powders too. The black opaque EP should just be a heavy black powder. Have you perhaps not heated all of it adequately or even heated part of it too much? If overheated some EPs tend to sink back into the card. It should give you an even appearance rather than part flat and part shiny. I think initially if you have clear, holographic or glitter, gold and silver EPs you should be ok. I tend to use coloured inks and clear emboss over. I do have white which is quite useful and black which I find makes a terrible mess and sticks everywhere it shouldn't so I tend to stamp in black and clear emboss over.
    My Blog
    Mixed Media ATC Swap
    Mixed Media ATC Swap 2

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapmate uk View Post
    I like the WOW embossing powders too. The black opaque EP should just be a heavy black powder. Have you perhaps not heated all of it adequately or even heated part of it too much? If overheated some EPs tend to sink back into the card. It should give you an even appearance rather than part flat and part shiny. I think initially if you have clear, holographic or glitter, gold and silver EPs you should be ok. I tend to use coloured inks and clear emboss over. I do have white which is quite useful and black which I find makes a terrible mess and sticks everywhere it shouldn't so I tend to stamp in black and clear emboss over.
    Thanks for the advice, I'll have another go and maybe Google/YouTube it. It probably is something I've done wrong. I need to sit down and have a good play but I'm up to my eyes in card making at present.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (90)
    lucky you Elaine
    loving the chat glitters must investiage I think

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    More lovely cards Ellie and Bramblepie!

It's been nice to see the different takes on this prompt.

I'm using this recent make for my interpretation - there are bees in the background!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Nice card as usual, Nat.
    Loving those bees, and the colours are just perfect.

Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

That is really sweet Nat, I love the bird house and little bird.

View Gallery

Lovely, lovely card Nat...I have some new card upstairs that has bees on it..just trying to decide if I have time to make another card today to use a bit. It was the cardboard sleeve that some of my birthday flowers came in..I saw the flowers and thought..nice...but when I saw the packaging I thought..wow...that'll make a nice card for this months challenge! Lol..sad or what?
    Anyway, here is another, possibly my last, card this month with butterflies on
    Attached Images Attached Images

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Thanks ladies! I am just about to pop the April prompts on here as I'll not be around tomorrow, so if you are in need of fresh inspiration - check back on the forum soon!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Thanks Nat..no more cards for me as I had to do a mad hospital dash with Mum who needed a blood transfusion! It never rains but it pours.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Love your butterfly card Elaine, looks so fresh.
    Sorry to hear about your Mum, hope she is ok.
    Ageing parents are a worry aren't they. My Dads 92 and he's not well.

Ellie.