Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie.A View Post
    Oh Jayne I could kill you… I've just been on to WOC and ordered flowers, so many pretty ones. I haven't even got round to check out the Spellbinders border set yet. Your first attempt at hot foiling went perfectly I'd say.

I'm making hybrid Mother's Day cards for speed as I still have a few more birthday cards to make.
    Ooopsie I daren't look at WOC as I have too many I need to work through while on a stash diet it is a lush site though Check out the online warehouse type retailer that sounds like a very long river ( ) for the SP die (sorry! )
    Love your hybrid card - lovely colours

Nat - as always your cards are so beautiful! You have such a lovely style that i could never hope to produce but always aspire to!

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Well Jayne, I've forgiven you, especially after I saw a YouTube video of a woman who must have spent at least a £100 in flowers and pearls in one go. In fact, I'm going to find the video and count how many she bought, it made me feel so much better. Mind you, now hubby is retired he sees how many little parcels arrive at the house.

Thank you again for the lovely comment, I've just made a pink card for my sister, sadly no mums anymore to make for.

Had to laugh at the James Bond type clues for the dies - it was like being on Pointless.

You are so right about Nat's cards - they are not only gorgeous but she has such a distinctive style and if I tried to copy it, it would look all wrong. I think we each have our own 'style' although I do try to break away from it from time to time, I always seem to end up with pretty flowers and butterflies though.:roll eyes:

Nat, not only are your cards gorgeous, it staggers me at how you find the time and have the ideas to make so many high quality cards. Any tips!

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    Jayne you're an enabler! I've put in a big order now too! I can't believe those butterflies were your first attempt at hot foiling..amazing!
    Nat...your cards is awesome...so clever!

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Gosh, thank you so much!

I'm glad you like them as I am currently feeling rather bereft of my own ideas and just struggling with the motivation to craft despite being surrounded by so many nice items to play with. It's been a constant niggle since I started working from home self-employed last year as my work desk is also my craft desk so no clear separation of the two. When I've been sat working at the same desk all day it's not all that tempting to stay there and get on with some crafty things.

Oh well, will need to get out of this rut and make the most of the lovely things I have - it would be a shame not to. I think I either need a strongly worded pep talk or a swift kick up the bum. There's a card I made at the weekend that is for a DT project but I am not happy with it and I do have the time to make something else tonight, I just can't be bothered! lol
    Last edited by Mystik Nat; 24-02-2016 at 07:48 PM.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I've just left a message for your watercolour Christmas card Nat, it is wonderful. Is the MME paper a white card stock for watercolour? I have just bought the Spectrum Aqua pens but the old pad of cartridge paper I have seems to warp a bit and it is for line and wash so I'm sure it shouldn't. I used to use watercolour paints but these pens looked so easy to use and had such a great array of colours.

My flowers arrived today, such quick delivery and they are gorgeous. I'm glad I ordered some white because they colour beautifully and I get fed up of not having enough of one colour. I've just tried the Spectrum Aqua pens on them and some glitter and the results is better than I hoped for. Hubby was amazed at the transformation, he really is so sweet. The small flowers are just adorable and I can't wait to start using them all.

If I could make a fraction of the amazing cards you make Nat I would be over the moon but I can see how being at the desk working and then starting to craft could have an impact but your creativity is staggering and I'm sure all the ladies on here would agree with me.

Do let me know about the card stock if you would, I'd like something white which will take watercolour and look good on a card. A lot of the watercolour pads I've seen seem to be off-white.

View Gallery

Thanks for the blog comment Susie and the nice words.

The watercolour cardstock is this cardstock by Tim Holtz - it's ready cut into useful pieces and just convenient. I've also used Daler-Rowney 250 g/m2 watercolour paper called Aquafine Georgian that I bought in an A4 pad yonks ago from Wilko or somewhere cheap. I use it now for test painting colours on before applying to a project, oh and for drying off my paint brush.

Re warping, I have an old piece of mountboard to hand that I use as an easel/background, I use blue painter's tape to attach my watercolour paper to the mountboard and apply water/wash and dry with a heat gun, then remove the painter's tape once dry - I've not found the watercolour to be warped after all that.

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

You are so welcome Nat.

I've got Daler Rowney but have just checked and it is only a light weight 135gsm, so I've just ordered the Tim Holtz one which gets great reviews about its whiteness and it's a nice heavy card stock too. We have an art shop in town so I should really go in there and check out what they have but thank you for the tips regarding warping. Off to colour a few more flowers now!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Just had to share this with you. I am having so much fun colouring these flowers, so much so, that I have completely forgiven you Jayne. I have found that the white flowers (which aren't white really) change the inks to completely different colours so I've dug out some Marvey Le Plume permanent markers and found the most delicate shade of pink, or it is on the flowers, it looks beige actually. The flowers are a sort of baby pink now. Some are turquoise, which I'd run out of and glittered of course! One of the pale pinks turned the flowers coral which was completely different to how it looked on paper. We haven't even eaten yet!!!

What is really good is that I'm using pens which I wasn't happy with colourwise and have now found a good use for them.

By the way, the lovely lady on the video had bought about 40 items in one go. I'm never going to get away from floral cards now am I!

View Gallery

You're welcome Susie! Happy colouring!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks Nat, still at it and when I couldn't sleep at 5am I was colouring away. So tired I had double vision but who needs great vision to colour flowers! Even my sister who hates craft was impressed.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I cannot believe it is the first of another month tomorrow, how quickly this year is going already. Looking forward to the new prompts and I hope to be able to stick to them better this time, I wouldn't bank on it though:

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Me too Susie. Not doing much lately, just haven't had time or inclination .

Ellie.

View Gallery

Apologies for the delay getting this month's prompts up - would you believe I had them picked out in early Feb, but I've just not managed to get the blog post done yet. It'll be up by the end of today, promise!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Shame on you ! (only joking )
    Look forward to seeing the new challenges
    My friends and I are having a card making night Thursday so hope to play catch up with january and Feb too x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022