Oscar

by bramblepie

Apr19 _ Colour Challenge

by new2this

ABC Challenge Open Wide

by Crafty Sandra

Thankful

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Pocket Scrapbooking

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I think it would be a good idea, it may attract more people .

I think we associate PL with a regular daily/weekly documenting, whereas many of us will just incorporate pocket pages within our main albums
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Yes I think that would be good. Hopefully it will encourage people doing the many other types of pocket scrapbooking as there are so many different ways people now use this as a away of scrapbooking.

I know that I personally use the system not just for monthly PL but also for events and smash albums. And with so many companies now offering pocket scrapbooking products I think that PL is now considered Becky Higgins brand rather than a system.

So I think definitely change the name and hopefully it will attract more people.

Dedicated Scrapper - Tier One Sponsor - FoilPlay's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Another vote for changing the name to pocket scrapbooking here - I don't do as much scrapbooking as I would like, but what I have done over the past couple of years has been all pocket scrapbooking - doing particular events or themes, rather than for current day to day. I do find it a faster way to put an album together and making quicker progress makes it all the more enjoyable. I like too that it is easy to go back and tweak the LO a bit if you wish, unlike 12 x 12 ones.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I haven't done any scrapbooking since July 2014 and that was only Project Life. (I've been sewing, patchworking, etc.) This week I had a major clear-out and reorg of my scraproom and have decided I miss it now, so I think I'll get back into PL at least. As some have said, the biggest problem I have with PL is getting the right photos in the right orientation (landscape vs portrait) but I really, really enjoyed "rediscovering" what I've done so far.

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I did PL (but only one page a month) up to last summer, for about 3 years, but i even fell behind with that. Might try to finish 2015, but can't see me carrying on. I don't really scrap chronologically and felt it put me under too much pressure...ironic really as that is the opposite effect it is supposed to have!
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    Lol CoventryAnn at your ironic observation of what PL did to you.

It is only with your post am I reminded that previously I'd not scrapbook chronologically either. But as what I'd term as "normal" scrapbooking (1212 LOs) isn't possible and with no memory of 2014 (including my neices white wedding) I started PL to remind me that something did happen in 2015 and what it was. I'm doing 2016 for the same reason. I want to be able to see that something did actually happen in my life even though its mundane and I can't do much.

Have to say though I don't find PL quick and easy to do but I think I make my pages more complicated than they have to be lol.

The mojo has returned! Beanpie11's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I bought the PL app for my iPad and I love it, it has got me scrapping some of the photos I don't have in real life like all the ones I took for my photo a day for a year projects. I'm saving them all in an album on my iPad and when one of the online photo printers has an offer on a photo book I'm going to get them all printed in an 8x8 one
    Debbie

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Well, I have finished 2015, and until I decide whether I will press on with 2016 all I've done is shove a few photos and spare bits of memorabilia in a page for Jan and another for Feb. I do feel a bit guilty about stopping doing the pages as I do have a large number of cards (What a surprise!) and once I finished 2015 I did go back and look at my PL book back to 2013, and I loved my pages.
    More pressure on me to carry on!
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I am doing project life next to regular scrapbooking and I love it. I will keep doing it and I think it is nice you have a special place for it on here. For me this platform spoke to me out of all the other scrapbook platforms out there because it is so well organized and everything has its own seperate forum if that makes any sense.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Hsanders I know what you mean, I have done a few pocket pages and I don't find it any quicker !

My other struggle with it is that I too don't scrap chronologically, I wish I could sometimes ! I have never managed to keep a diary either, I start off enthusiastically but it all goes downhill very quickly

Ann, well done on sticking with it. I bet it is lovely to look back on.

Miss Lizzy, glad you like it here, I find it easy to find my way around too, some sites can be so confusing !
    Alison

SNAP 2019 BTCR 2019

Dedicated Scrapper katiejewkes81's Avatar
    View Gallery

hi everyone .. I'm new to UkScrappers and jut seen this thread.. I've been doing PL since 2013 and i still love it. I do it weekly and also mix in layouts as well to mix it up a bit. But I am no way caught up lol.. i dont stress tho as its meant to be relaxing and if i was caught up I wouldn't have any scrapping to do either lol... i have completed 2013, half way through 2014 nearly finished 2015 and only 5 incomplete weeks for 2016 lol... but its all good and I'm having fun xxx

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Having fun is how it is supposed to be. Not good if you get stressed.
    Sheila

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12