Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)

Exclamation 2016 Card Challenge - January

Hi everyone!

Well I'm back with a new Challenge for the new year, it'll be quite a familiar one for those of you who have played along before but this time I'm needing to pare it back a little while also incorporating the Christmas card element again in hopes of getting ahead come December!

All the info and instructions for the new challenge can be found here on my blog.

Here's how the 2016 challenge works:

• On the 1st of the month, I'll share 2 Pinterest prompts on my blog here.
    • The 2 prompts will be a general Pinspiration prompt and a Christmas-based prompt.
    • Pinspiration prompt: this prompt is simply an image with elements that could be interpreted in a card, e.g., design elements, colours, words, patterns, objects, layout... so many possibilities! Whatever inspiration you take from the image, incorporate it in your card! As always I will try and come up with a list of what immediately springs to mind when I look at the image to give you a few ideas if you're stumped.
    • Christmas-based prompt: like the Pinspiration prompt just take any elements from the image and translate them on your card - if you want to get super ahead and have the time, try making a batch of the same or similar design so that your stockpile of cards is nicely topped up come December!
    • How many cards you make is totally up to you, but the more the merrier!
    • All prompts past and present for this challenge can be found on my blog via this link and via the 2016 card challenge tag in the tag cloud on my blog.
    • You can share your cards in the dedicated challenge thread here in the UK Scrappers card forum.
    • If you are going to miss the sketch aspect of the challenge, then check out the sketches I pin to my Pinterest board here, hopefully there will be something there to inspire you!
    • What if you don't have time to start now or play along every month? No problem! Just dive in and out of the challenge when you feel like it. Do as much as you want or as little. It's always lovely to have lots of people sharing their makes, but real life doesn't always allow for crafty time as we well know!

Also, a bonus feature of the challenge that I'd love to see you play along with is this:

Show and tell has always been a highlight of any meet-up with my crafty friends in real life.

Back when I started papercrafting I used to hold onto new product that I loved and thought I should best save it for that perfect project. Well more often than not, that perfect project didn't materialise and instead the products that I so loved at the time of purchasing would slowly slip down the love-o-meter rating as newer products came my way.

But that was the old me! Nowadays I look forward to using what is new while it is still fresh and at the top of my "love it!" list!

Rather than usurp old products, new purchases have breathed new life into things I've had for a while, so I would urge you all to enjoy to the max what you have just added to your craft desk, use it while you absolutely love it, share the love and show us why you had to have it!

I got some really lovely crafty treats for Christmas and I am definitely looking forward to putting them to good use very soon! Time and energy are the only limiting factors for me at the moment, but I am striving to do better in 2016!
    So, it's onto the prompts for this month!

Pinspiration prompt:
    01 - Jan prompt.jpg

Christmas prompt:
    01 - Jan Christmas prompt.jpg

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Oh thanks Nat, that is great !!! I'm so pleased you can continue doing a challenge x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Thanks will try and join in this year.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Oh well done Nat! I think it is a case of 'must try harder' this year. Mind you, I have noticed UKS in general has been fairly quiet for a while now yet it is my first go to place when the computer is switched on each day.

I am making a card at the moment and it does have flowers on so as usual I will probably cheat and put it on here. Right back to the flower making now.

View Gallery

Lol, it's not cheating, it's just your interpretation

Look forward to seeing the finished work x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Thanks for that Nat, lovely prompts

Ellie

View Gallery

Brilliant challenge, thanks Nat. This year my plan is to make all birthday and Christmas cards for everyone I send them to as well as make their presents. I'd planned to start this month and do Christmas cards as well so I don't have a mad rush at the end of the year. I'm going to do my best to do your challenge every month and get inspiration from it.

Sheila

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by alison 2 View Post
    Lol, it's not cheating, it's just your interpretation

Look forward to seeing the finished work x
    Love you Alison! I've finished it now and will take a photo tomorrow by then you'll probably agree it is kinda cheating!

View Gallery

Glad to hear there is still enthusiasm for the challenge. I'm hoping to be able to play along better this year but also hope other cardmakers will find time to join in too!

~ Natty ~

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Okay, here's my first, now tell me this isn't cheating Alison! I don't care, there are flowers and it's something to post - just so happy the thread is still going , thanks Nat.

http://

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Well it's got coloured flowers on it, it's white with black behind it,
    and it's lovely that's not cheating !!

Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

The black bit behind the white is the table so I really can't take the credit for that Ellie, but thanks for trying!

View Gallery

LOL . Its a card, it has flowers, its perfect !!
    Very pretty card, and at least you've made one which is more than I've done so far !!
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks ladies, you're all really kind. I'm making another the same, both for friends who love to knit and one is Meerkat mad. There is also one image with an Old English Sheepdog (we have two) so one will be for my nephew who adores 'the boys' and I'll make one for the owner of the rescue, he will love it.

By the way Nat, I took your advice about using up paper/card that we all save, I have a craft room full of the stuff. I had that background card and hadn't used it because I thought it was so pretty and was saving it but then I had a great idea - I scanned it and now I can print it out as often as I want without fear of using my original piece of card. Also, I can change the colour on the computer so it's a win, win situation. I hope that's not illegal. Yet more cheating!

View Gallery

Well done Suzie! And see it wasn't so painful to use something you'd been saving for the perfect project.
    I'm still thinking about my cards for these prompts, if I have time tonight I'd really like to get something made.

~ Natty ~