Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking > Card Challenges and Inspiration

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    lovely card Nat, love the bit of red pp popping out at the bottom, really finishes it off

Here's my card loosely based on the sketch...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    oops, its come out sideways ! I can't work out how to change it, it was the right way up when I saved it !
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    That is really pretty Alison, love the wreath and love the colours.

Here is mine, now imagine this in turquoise, as I made two, slightly different but basically the same IYKWIM. The scalloped edges are really the only bit that meet the challenge but I thought I'd throw it in here anyway. Both photo's are rubbish, couldn't get the flash to work so I posted this because the turquoise one looks even more grainy.

Paper addict extraordinaire Mystik Nat's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    What a fab idea to turn the sketch into a festive wreath design Alison! Really cool!

Susie, I feel your pain for trying to photograph anything this time of year. It is so difficult!

Really like how you've used punches and dies and combined the two - very pretty!

~ Natty ~

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Both your card are gorgeous ladies.
    Love the wreath Alison, so effective.
    Susie, I bet yours would look nice in any colour. I think that I
    need to get a die cutting machine!!! I don't know how much use I
    would get out of it though....

Ellie.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thanks for your kind comments ladies and yes Nat, it is a nightmare getting a photo at this time of year, I wander round the house trying to find somewhere that will work with enough light. I'm trying to get back to using some of my MS punches too. I have so many the very sturdy shelf hubby put up is coming away from the wall; he had to reinforce it!

Ellie, get a die cutting machine, once you start you won't want to stop. Actually, I bought a Cuttlebug first for embossing because I was struggling with pressing the embossing tool. I also have my old Silhouette but now have an X-Cut as well. I never thought I would be the sort of person to have more than one device doing the same job but as dies have grown in size so have the machines. Of course, with Christmas on its way, it's as good a time as any for Santa to bring you a new craft toy!

Meanwhile, if you ever want any dies cutting and I have the die I would be happy to cut some for you.

View Gallery

Thanks for the offer Susie. I have heard good things about the X-Cut,
    and might put it on my Christmas list.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'll be honest, I've had nothing but trouble with mine. Uneven cuts and uneven embossing and it wouldn't be my first choice if I were buying a new die cutting machine now. I did buy it early on when it first came out and had fantastic support from the sponsor I bought it from and should have sent it back really. The whole point is to be able to cut and emboss without shims but the strength I need to turn the handle to do that is almost beyond me and I worry about breaking it. The sponsors told me to try it and if it broke not to worry but at the time I had that much going on and I didn't really give it the work out it needed. The idea of the dial is great but I do have to have help from hubby at times.

Sooooo, if you are getting one don't be put off by my problems, I could have had a faulty machine, it happens, but I would do your homework first, especially if you have any muscle problems, which I do. I must check the reviews now and see what other people have to say now that it has been around for a while.

View Gallery

Thanks for the info Susie A. Interesting ! I will certainly do some research.
    I must admit I'm not as strong as I once was, old age is creeping up!!