Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)

Uploading templates

Could someone please tell me what the max file size for uploading a studio template is please? The file I am trying to upload is 3.75mb. I get the "file is too big" response. Does anyone have any idea how I can compress my file to a zip file so that it won't exceed the permitted limit? Any help would be much appreciated
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    It should give you a little chart when you try to upload. Let me see what happens when I try it here.

Humm the new vB seems not to provide the chart. I think the old limit was pretty bug, 10 mb or something. I'll add it to the list.

Are you using the Attachments option BTW?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by SylviaF View Post
    Could someone please tell me what the max file size for uploading a studio template is please? The file I am trying to upload is 3.75mb. I get the "file is too big" response. Does anyone have any idea how I can compress my file to a zip file so that it won't exceed the permitted limit? Any help would be much appreciated

I haven't uploaded anything since the move so I'm not sure what the options are but have you tried selecting the file right clicking your mouse and choosing send to compressed (zipped) folder and uploading that Sylvia.
    Last edited by DJG; 03-08-2015 at 04:28 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you Mary Anne and Doreen. Yes, Mary Anne I was using the manage attachments. I have managed to send to compressed folder using 7zip Doreen - see screen shot attached. When I click on the red exclamation mark it comes up as file too large! I'm at a bit of loss at the moment! I will have another look at it later and if I have to I will split it into 2 files to see if that is any better.

screenshot manage attachments.JPG
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have now managed to upload my template - thank you very much for all your help Doreen and Mary Anne!
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

Glad you managed it Sylvia

View Gallery

The max filesize has been increased. I guess my question is is it better to be adding the zipped files for attachments or the full filesize? I now have better control over that so perhaps knowing with is a "normal" size for the various file types (GSD Studio and SVG?) will help. The current setting are still too low for Studio and GSDs, I think. 1500000 = 1.4 mb

What about SVGs at only 1 mb?

filetypemax.jpg

Also perhaps Doreen could write up a short How to upload files tute if she has time? Specifically for the Silhouette forum, dealing with specific issues in here?

View Gallery

I've checked a few of my own files and haven't found any that are 1mb (all are under that) but mine don't have as much detail/pieces or nodes as some that are uploaded (but are always appreciated) so the zipped folder is probably the best way to go as Sylvia has now managed to do with her file that was quite large.

View Gallery

Just to be on the safe side, the limits for Studio/GSD/SVG uploads are 3.75mb. Zip files are 1.25mb. I trust that will be enough?

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I think those limits are very generous Mary Anne. I've been looking through some of my files to see what size they are and most are well under 3.75mb. If a file is larger than that it could probably be split into two separate files for uploading. Thank you for all your help.
    Sylvia x
    My Blog

View Gallery

I agree with Sylvia and thank you MaryAnne for letting us know