Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Silhouette bCamneo print and cut poroblem

Can anybody tell me why my silhouette cameo reads the registration mark but then cuts outside the line. I am trying to cut single balloons in a variety of colours It did work ok but suddenly it is cutting outside the balloon shape.
    If I only needed a dozen or so I'd give up and cut on plain paper and colour them by hand but I need 300.
    Fingers crossed that somebody has experienced this problem and can give me an answer
    Thanks in anticipation
    Daz

View Gallery

It is difficult for me to tell without seeing the file.

When you look at your 'cut lines only' where are they? Inside or outside the balloon edge?
    I would think if it is a balloon filled in with color, you would want the cut line outside or at the very edge of the balloon.
    Petrina

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi Petrina,
    the cut line is on the outside of the colour slightly to the left so that I have a perfectly shaped balloon with a sliver of white on ther left hand side.
    Thank you for replying.
    Daz

View Gallery

Hi Daz,
    Is your cut line a separate line from the filled color object balloon? If yes, then move your colored circle to the right just a bit.
    I am not sure why it is off, but this is how I compensate when it happens to me.

If someone else has any ideas, I am sure they will set me straight.
    Petrina

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    You may need to recalibrate Studio to solve this - it's been a regular problem with Studio software.
    Another option is adding bleed lines - i.e. making the coloured area slightly larger all round than your cut lines (this is often done with commercial die cut decoupage to allow for any slight manufacturing errors).

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."