Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

Thread: epson printers

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

epson printers

Hi
    Can anyone tell me of a Epson printer that is still available that will take card up 300gsm. I have been told by someone on e bay that the Epson Wf-2510WF will but I am a little unsure. Wondered if anyone had one or could tell me of another model that will take card or even a different make of printer.
    Hope someone can help
    Ang

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

There was never a problem with the older Epson printers but these newer ones seem to struggle with heavier card. Funnily enough, I have just had this conversation with Epson this afternoon and the lady I spoke to seems to think that by next year Epson will have something that can take card stock.

The older ones always could but the printers seem to have taken a step backwards in this regard. My XP-750 will take heavier card but I would only use the back feeder for it, whereas my XP-412 won't take pearlescent card at all. This is odd because in general, the 750 will only take one sheet at a time at the rear yet the 412 will take multiple sheets - go figure!

Have you Googled the reviews of the one you mentioned?

As always I will watch this thread with interest but the only one I've heard of is the Canon Pixma Mg5350 but they cost a bomb now!

View Gallery

I had an Epson printer but replaced it with a Canon Pixma MG5550 and it takes card up to 300gm. As it's a front feeder the only problem I've found is with Letraset Safmat, as it goes over a roller it won't print.
    Compatible inks are very cheap too which is a bonus,.
    Chris

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I bought an Epson printer way back, soon got rid and would never give another one house room!! Now I have a HP 3 in 1 scanner/copier/printer it takes 300 gsm easily.

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

I have had a couple of Epsons, neither of which would take card. I how have a Canon Pixma 5350 which takes 300gsm + card. Always afraid to try compatible inks as when I tried it with an Epson it stopped working.
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    I bought an Epson printer way back, soon got rid and would never give another one house room!! Now I have a HP 3 in 1 scanner/copier/printer it takes 300 gsm easily.
    Is your HP printer a back feeder Glynis? I have just been given one (second hand) but haven't tried setting it up yet. It is a front feeder only and I worry about the card damaging the print heads with time.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

printers

Hi
    Did phone Epson and was told I would need Expression XP 720 or Xp760 which at £170.00 off Epson are more than double the one I mentioned and more than I want to spend or at moment can afford. I will have a look at Cannon and HP but I have always used Epson and do like them but as mentioned its older and takes card but afraid its really starting to play up. I'll let you know if I find one
    Thanks Ang

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    As previously mentioned I have found that the older Epsom printers were ok with card to that gsm, but my new one is most certainly not. The main problem is the up and over feed. If you can get one with a back through feed system you may well be ok. My newer Epsom doesn't want to know, and that is an front up and over feed. I am lucky to have an A3 printer as well that is my main craft printer. This is a through feed and has handled everything I have thrown at it so far. Also find the colour quality much better.
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

printer

Hi
    Tootsie what model and make is your A3 printer I would consider A3
    Ang

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

My last Epson must be at least 5 years old and has a back feed but will not print 300gsm or anything like it. Canon does seem to be the favourite for people wanting to use thicker paper and card.
    Ruth

Dedicated Scrapper Crafty Sandra's Avatar
    View Gallery

I have a canon pixma that has a back feed and takes 300 gsm card like a dream. Hubby has one that is front only feed also a canon and he can print 300 gsm card on that with no problems. Had an HP before I got the canon and although that printed on card wasn't happy with print quality.

Chinese whisper LO swap

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Front feeders generally won't take card, mine is a rear feed. I have a friend who had to change their printer because it wouldn't take thick photo paper!! (front feed)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi
    JUST TO LET YOU KNOW I NOW HAVE A NEW PRINTER. AFTER MANY PHONE CALLS AND ASKING PEOPLE I SETTLED ON A EPSON EXPRESSION PHOTO XP760 WHICH DOES TAKE CARD THROUGH A BACK FEED ONE SHEET AT A TIME. ONLY HAD IT A FEW DAYS BUT SEEMS FINE FINGERS CROSSED.
    JUST THOUGHT I WOULD LET YOU KNOW IN CASE ANYONE ELSE IS LOOKING. tHANKS FOR YOUR HELP AND COMMENTS.
    ANGIE