Whenever There's a Snack Gap, UKScrappers Fits.

Friday 5. June 7.

by Maggie B

Adventure Awaits

by Mary Buttons

Weekly June 3.

by RED HEAD

Beautiful day

by scrapdolly

June week 2

by sharon1973

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Cyber Crops

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)

Now We Are 10! CyberCrop Challenges

My challenge is to use Washi Tape in an imaginative way

I have shown 3 examples

The first is a simple layout based on a Hambly overlay. No patterned paper has been used at all, I have just used strips of washi tape and then have stamped on them with the gorgeous camera stamp. Another idea would be to use plain coloured washi tape and use them as journalling strips

The second is a Tando Creative horse carousel. I decided to decorate this a bit different and used Washi Tape to cover both the horses and the roof. When using washi tape to cover chipboard, you don't really need to be neat or exact with it

The third is the word Laugh, I have had these letters for years! I could have painted them or covered with paper but then they would have just had one colour or design on them. They were very easy to cover with washi tape and my 10 year old helped me do them. The washi tape is not applied in neat straight lines and sometimes it overlaps with others

Angela

Angel Crafts

Post your completed project in the CHALLENGE:The Screwtape Letters by Angel Crafts folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

View Gallery

One of my guilty pleasures is cozying up with a bit of chocolate and a good chick lit and one of my favourite chick lit authors has to be Paige Toon. In the Paige Toon book 'Pictures of Lily' the main character Lily has a passion for photography and takes photos of what she sees while she wanders around her new home town so my challenge for you is to take a wander and snap a photo or photos to use on your layout. It could be something simple that's around your home or something further afield it's totally up to you and the story you want to tell.

Leo
    (CraftyPrincess)

Post your completed layout in the CHALLENGE: Paige Tooner by CraftyPrincess folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

View Gallery

I think this has to be the most talked about book this year. So it was the first one I thought of for my challenge. Don’t worry I don’t want to know your secret fantasies! No, it’s the title that inspired me. For my layout I used as many shades of grey as I could. I’ld like you to choose one colour and use at least 5 shades of it in your papers and embellishments. And no other colours! I hope you enjoy my challenge. I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

SuzySnail x

Post your completed layout in the CHALLENGE: 50 Shades of Grey by Suzysnail folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

View Gallery

For this challenge we would like you to use the sketch below to inspire a layout.

Post your completed layout in the CHALLENGE: Papillon folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

March 2010 Sketch from Pagemaps
    www.pagemaps.com

View Gallery

Please don’t panic because this challenge has a digital element. It can have as much or as little digital element as you want. The choice is yours.

The challenge is to use a simple sketch but, if you would like to, there is also a digital template to go with it.

The sketch will work with paper absolutely fine and in fact, as part of the challenge I have made a paper page using the sketch too. So, a challenge for you to work on and you can chose to do it either digitally or as a real life layout.

But, if you fancy a go at tackling this sketch digitally, then there is a free template that you can download and use as well. You can find my free template, which is a fully layered psd template, on my blog here

http://dollysdreamings.typepad.com/d...-fortress.html

It is a layered file and is zipped to take less space. So all you need to do is download it, unzip it and you are good to go.

As with any sketch, adapt it and use it to fit your needs. I have included two digital pages that are quite different and yet use the same sketch pretty closely. I also have a page example made by the super talented Digital design Dawn Inskip who checked that the template worked OK. And there is, of course, a paper page that was made using the sketch too. I can’t wait to see what you come up with.

You can find Dawn’s sketch and my second digital page on my blog using the link above.

Have fun creating

Karen (scrapdolly) Leahy x

Post your completed layout in the CHALLENGE: Digital Fortress by scrapdolly folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

View Gallery

Reverse Journaling with Leonardo Da Vinci

Leonardo da Vinci an Italian Renaissance polymath: painter, sculptor, architect, musician, scientist, mathematician, engineer, inventor, anatomist, geologist, cartographer, botanist, and writer. Leonardo has often been described as the archetype of the Renaissance Man, a man of "unquenchable curiosity" and "feverishly inventive imagination". He is widely considered to be one of the greatest painters of all time and perhaps the most diversely talented person ever to have lived.

One of his many talented included being able to write perfectly in reverse so the text was only readable by most with the use of a mirror.

Hidden Journaling can be a very useful tool when we scrapbook especially as we leap forward into keeping art journals the things we want to write to go with our photos are becoming more personal, however if you display your pages or have them out you don’t necessarily want the information their in bold and obvious, but with out journaling pages can sometimes look a little lost and bereft,

So with that I began thinking about Reverse Journaling for information that you want on the page/project, that isn’t necessarily a secret but you don’t want obvious either or alternatively just to be a bit weird and fun.

There are 2 ways this can be done, either Freehand (with the help of a mirror) or save your text as a picture (Microsoft Publisher is useful for this) and then flipping.

Either way is great and just have fun with it.

There are some fantastic Inspired by Da Vinci stamps up for grabs for the best project.

Bev ‘Bee Crafty’ Tonks
    x

www.beecrafty.co.uk

Post your completed layout in the CHALLENGE: The Da Vinci Code by Beej folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

View Gallery

For this challenge we would like you to use a comic book font or smiley face on a card, layout or tag.

Post your completed layout in the CHALLENGE: SURPRISE CHALLENGES folder in the gallery by Saturday 3rd Nov (9pm).

Here are some ideas for fonts you may want to consider using ...

Yikes
    Kiss Kiss from Paris
    Mouth Breather
    Manga Speak
    Watchmen
    Smileyface
    Sketchy Smiley
    20 Faces

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)

Only the challenges with sample layouts have been included!

+ Post New Thread