Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Help! Been out of the scrapbooking loop for ages....

I don't know what is 'current' or completely old fashioned! And several of my favourite shops have closed recently And to top it off I've moved and hubby now knows the true extent of my crafty stash and said I have to use it or sell it!
    Where can I find some good inspiration etc?

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Hi, welcome back! And bad luck about your husband finding out about your stash! I think mine knows, but he just puts up with it As for inspiration, Pinterest, the galleries on here and Youtube might be my first port of call. Sadly, there are no paper magazines out there at all now to help as the last one (Scrapbook Magazine ) folded last month.
    What's new/up to date? Popular things to include are ink splatters, enamel dots, project life cards or cards from cut apart sheets, Thickers (as ever) and all things gold foiled. Popular manufacturers seem to be American Crafts (they have swallowed up a lot of the smaller companies in a bid for world dominance! ) Simple Stories, Bazzil are still there for cardstock, but many people use patterned paper as a background now (either that, or white seems popular). I've probably missed out lots, but I'm sure someone else wil be along to add to the list.
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (28)
    Welcome back to Ukscrapper.
    What about the weekly challenge's on here & Pintrest is another good place for ideas .

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)
    Welcome back ! And good luck with working your way through your stash !
    Try looking at blogs for inspiration - lots of ideas and layout inspiration ...

you could take a peek here for starters - you may remember them as Sarah's Cards - new name change to Hey Little Magpie .. I have to declare an interest at this point as I design for them but they're a UKS Sponsor - so all good!!

As there are 16 of us on the design team there's always loads of different styles and techniques something new to look at every other day of the month .

Happy Scrapping !
    My Blog

Claire

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Hi, welcome back
    I agree with Ann, go to Pinterest, there are so many ideas there. and there are lots of challenges here - the stash Bash challenges here may be good for you to try too
    x
    Alison

SNAP 2022 BTCR 2022

Plant smiles, grow laughter, harvest love Hedgie's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    Hi welcome back
    Sorry to hear that DH has discovered how much stash you have. I use pinterest a lot and the gallery on here. Another thing I did was to join a team on here they are great for motivation and ideas. we scrapmates have a space or two.
    just looked at the stash bash myself as not seen them before - thanks Alison. X x

Chinese Whispers Christmas Card Swap Chinese Whisper LO swap

I'm not a complete idiot; some parts are missing! Jimjams's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    On top of the UKS challenges, I use the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog which is a great way of making up kits from your old stash rather than buying new - fab for taking to a crop. They do 3 challenges a month to help you use your kit up.
    Jemma
    ScrappyCat

Holiday Bus Hufflepuff ♥Hearts♥ •CSI• »Lions« ~~Ships~~ ♫ Jingle Belles ♫ ►Explorers◄
    SLYMI: 47/52....My blog