June week 3 Surf's Up

by MiniOwner

Photogenics challenge

by Susie.A

New York icons

by scrapdolly

footprints

by Maria in France

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Inspiration and Challenges > Older Classes,Challenges & CyberCrops > Scrap Like You Mean It challenge

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)

SLYMI full list of Shim's posts

Hello scrappers! It's Thursday and I'm back with another challenge -- and this week it's from me! I challenge you to...
    SCRAP YOUR RIGHT NOW!

Every year just after my birthday I make a 'Right Now' page. The requirements are simple:
    1. A recent photo of yourself.
    2. Scrapped with supplies you really like right now.
    3. Including a list of things you love right now or words that describe you right now.

It's time for me to make a new right now page, and this time I hope you'll join me! Here are two from previous years...

Maybe this will start a new once-a-year page tradition for you too.

There's a prize pack for this week! So be sure to upload your pages into the gallery by 11:59pm next Wednesday with 'Week 42' in the title so you can have a chance to win a pizza box stuffed with goodies!!

And next week, we're going to be thinking a bit floral...you may want to check out the selection at Creative Treasures!

Have a great week and SCRAP LIKE YOU MEAN IT!

View Gallery

It's Thursday and we have a new challenge...
    SCRAP WITH FLOWERS!
    Think you can manage it??!!

You can use tons and tons of flowers or just a few...use paper flowers or paper with flowers or photos of flowers or doodles of flowers...whatever flowers you fancy!
    I've started us off with a layout with just a few little flowers and also some butterflies!

UKS Sponsor Creative Treasures has plenty of flowers on offer to help you out if you're stuck with not enough blossoms in your stash!

And a prize for this week...one layout uploaded for week 43 will win a place on my new online scrapbooking class, Blogging for Scrapbookers! Make sure you upload your layout by the end of next Wednesday for a chance to win!

Have a great week and scrap like you MEAN it!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday Scrappers! And goodness, as we're so close to Hallowe'en, it seems like a good time for this challenge...
    SCRAP ABOUT SOMETHING THAT SCARES YOU!

Maybe it's spiders or clowns or horror movies...or answerphones or meeting new people or job interviews...or that your little ones will grow up too quickly! It might be a silly little topic to cover or it might be a big serious can of worms - you can choose!

I've started with a layout here to show that it doesn't have to be all goblins and ghosts as you scrap this challenge. The layout at first glance doesn't have anything to do with fears at all! But the journaling explains why I just have two mediocre photos from that day -- I got told off by a manager for having a camera in the arcade. And well, the thing I hate more than anything is getting in trouble! I am still like a little kid who has been sent to the headmaster's office when someone tells me I have broken the rules...so scrapping these two photos after such a telling off is a bit of overcoming a fear in a funny little way!

Of course you can get as serious as you want or you can keep it subtle, since you're the judge of what the challenge means to you!

Have a fabulous week, a Saturday with far more treats than tricks and happy scrapping!!

View Gallery

It's Thursday...but it's also the 5th of November, so it's your challenge is to...
    SCRAP SOMETHING YOU WANT TO REMEMBER, REMEMBER!

Or really, the challenge is to make a page with the word 'remember' somewhere on the page. Other than that, you can do anything you like!

There's a little free extra today -- a remember image that can be added on top of a photo or printed out on paper.
    Click here to find the image with black writing.
    Click here to find the image with white writing.
    Then just right click and save the image.
    ---> Remember, the white image will just look like a big white nothing on your screen, as it's white text on a clear background! You'll need to put it over a photo. The black image can go over a photo or just on paper.
    You don't have to use this - you can use any "remember" you like, be it something made, printed, handwritten, stamped, etc.

More to add to this in a bit but must dash for a little while -- will be back midmorning with more details and the wrap up from last week.

View Gallery

Happy Thursday and welcome to a new challenge for this week...
    SCRAP A THANK YOU!

Have a look through your pictures or just think back to someone who you really feel needs a permanent thank you recorded in your albums. Someone who has always been there, or maybe just done one spectacularly wonderful thing for you...and take this week to write down in your album why you are so glad to know that lovely person!

There's a PRIZE up for offer this week -- goodies from our lovely sponsors GoGoGetaway Ltd will be going to one layout in the gallery! So make sure your page is uploaded by the end of next Wednesday and has 'week 46' in the title!

This layout is an old favourite (in case you couldn't tell by the supplies?!) but I wanted to share it here because it's an easy way to get around anything that might be awkward about writing your thank you *on* the layout -- it's written instead on tags that are tucked in at the side.

Can't wait to see your pages this week!
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

Happy Thursday Scrappers! It's time for a new challenge...
    SCRAP WITH LEAVES OR TREES!

Your layout can be about anything you like, just make sure there are leaves or trees (or both!) in either the photos, the story or the embellishment on your page! Easy enough? I've included one of my favourite layouts with a tree below.

We have a PRIZE this week too! It's from the lovely people at Gotta Craft!

Make sure to upload your page to the gallery by the end of next Wednesday with 'Week 47' in the title so your page can be entered to win the drawing!

Last week's winner is now online, along with wrap-ups from weeks 45 and 46, so check it out to see if you have won!

Happy Scrapping!

View Gallery

It's a surprise guest challenge from Mary Buttons, who has been Scrapping like she MEANS it ALL YEAR!
    She challenges you to
    SCRAP MINIMAL!

Here's her layout to get you inspired!

Leave her a comment here.

And here's a minimal paper page from me!
    inspired by this sketch.

You've got till the end of next Wednesday to post YOUR take on something minimal! Thanks Mary for keeping the challenge going!!

View Gallery

Happy Thursday! And look! I'm on time! Magical. Here's your challenge:
    SCRAP FROM THE SKETCH!

It's our last sketch challenge of the year...a few more challenges to go though!
    This sketch is the base of a Christmas layout in the current (and final ) issue of Scrapbook Inspirations.

Digital scrappers, you can download this as a free layered PSD file here.

Paper or pixels...let's see it!

(And we're going to do way more layouts this week, right? Last week was clearly for the super-dedicated only! Let's have everyone come out to play so we can do a fabulous wrap-up at the end of the week!)

Go on...Scrap like you mean it!!!

View Gallery

Good morning Scrappers! Here's another Thursday challenge for you...
    SCRAP THE FAMILY!

Use a family portrait, a picture from a family gathering, create a family tree...your family or someone else's family...whatever interpretation you may have!
    I've attached a layout to get us started...at this time of year there is plenty going on so I've kept it quick and simple! This is a page template by Ali Edwards for Songbird Avenue and the papers are from Brandy Buffington's Willow Tree kit, if you're curious about those sorts of things!

If you haven't spotted it just yet, I'm currently catching up with the weeks that were missing a wrap-up post, so be sure to check them out. I've posted several this morning! (I do have a few left, I know!)

...hmmm...and maybe you would like to hear about the challenge for 2010? Or is that something completely boring that you would rather I never discuss and just keep to myself forever, la la la.... ?

View Gallery

It's our final challenge of the year...and it's up to you to decide how to...
    SCRAP 2009!

You have until the end of the year to finish this one, so you can enjoy the holiday and then maybe find a few minutes to reflect on the past year in the form of a scrapbook page!

I can tell you a little more about our challenge for 2010...
    It's a *monthly* challenge instead of weekly.
    It will help you finish 2010 with fewer unscrapped photos and fewer piles of stuff you're sure you need to save...for some reason or another.
    It will lead to a finished album at the end of the year!

More details to be announced when we tick over into to 2010.

Thanks so much for joining me in 2009 -- I hope you've enjoyed these 52 challenges and you've had a fabulously scrappy year! Thanks as well to all our sponsors and guest challengers throughout the year!

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234