Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Thread: Which Cutter

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Which Cutter

Hi, Not been on for a while since after my craft robo I bought a pazzles. Now looking at a Silhouette Cameo and wondering if this will give the same cutting results as the pazzles. Is it good for intricate cutting. Thanks for reading, Shirley

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    It does cut intricate designs but from what I've read of the Pazzles I'm not sure the Cameo has the same cutting force

Norfolk - just at the end of the yellow brick road
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by **Shirley** View Post
    wondering if this will give the same cutting results as the pazzles. Is it good for intricate cutting. Thanks for reading, Shirley
    Hi Shirley. The cutting force of the Cameo is not as great as the Pazzles (either the original Inspiration or the Vue). I had a Pazzles as well as a CraftRobo but the CR was always my goto machine and my Pazzles didn't get anything like as much use as I expected - it was just helpful to have a 12x12 option available.

You really need to consider what kind of cutting you will do. If you want to cut chipboard and very thick materials most of the time the Cameo may not be for you, although doing double cut will allow for thicker materials than normal. This is a link to the specification pdf for a Cameo http://cdn.silhouetteamerica.com/m/d...pecs_cameo.pdf It appears to be the original Cameo rather than the newer version but I don't think there was any difference in the technical spec, just cosmetic differences. You can also get the specs for both the Pazzles machines from the appropriate site in order to do a comparison. There is the problem that Pazzles do not have a presence in the UK, unlike Silhouette who have an alliance with Graphtec - a big plus if you need maintenance or assistance with a software or mechanical query (no time differences to factor in if you need to speak to tech support). I was fortunate enough to receive a Cameo2 for Christmas. It was my choice to have that machine as DH would happily have bought me the Vue, but I decided that the cons outweighed any pros as far as I was concerned. I have put the Cameo through its paces and I am really pleased with what it can do. I have no regrets and I think I chose the right one for me.

Andi

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you both very much

View Gallery

I have been very interested in the Pazzles Vue but as the Dollar price is translated directly to Pounds Sterling it makes it very expensive and I don't spend that kind of money sight unseen. There only appears to be one stockist, can't remember just where, Nottingham area perhaps, anyway, too far for me to visit, so I am still using my CR220-30. Have been trying to make up my mind about a new machine for at least 18 months now but not been doing much crafting lately - seem to be totally out of inspiration.
    Another Shirley!