Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Retail Therapy > Monthly Kits

Notices

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I am getting excited already about the next kit, Leo I didn't get an email about the extra shop but I did remember to go for a look. Will there be any of the white card packs as I am running short.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Leo would you be able to hold sending my kit till 23 October,we are away and also I will be spending a few days getting treatment in hospital,thank you

Susannah cuckow

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    Chris - none of the smooth white cardstock left I'm afraid I've got some on hand but I've put it by for kit packing because I need to make sure there's some surplus in case the sheets have marks or faults. I do have lots of white Bazzill so I'll put some 10 packs of that in the extras shop for a good price.

Susannah - I'm emailing you now
    Leo

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (48)
    I have added some, Thanks.
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

View Gallery

Not long now! The Memorandum stickers for the mains didn't get sent out so we're just waiting for that to get sorted out. Got my fingers crossed for Thursday posting day, which should happen if all goes to plan as soon as I can get it confirmed I'll send out the details.
    Leo

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Collected my lite kit yesterday from the PO. I absolutely love it - thank you so much. The die cut tree and heart are fab and the acetate sheet is too lovely for words. Can't wait to get using it

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

View Gallery

Not much more time left now to let me know your main kit choice for Nov/Dec so anyone reading this who's not done it yet pop it in your planner to do this week.

I've got the first wave of new kit goodies coming in soon so I'm hoping to do a peek photo of both the kits early next week. It'll depend on the new Fancy Pants coming in on time as it's a new release so we're just waiting on that being dropped. So long as my number match up we can do some swapping around if anyone wants to change the choice right up to kit posting day and I have got a few more Christmas kits slated to go in the extras shop so they'll be the option to get both kits too for anyone who is really umming and arring choosing
    Leo

View Gallery

Thank you Louise, enjoy! I'm going to grab the lite kit today to have a play. I love autumn food and I'm doing all my autumn recipes in my binder with it so I'll share them on the blog when I'm done. It's absolutely pitch black here today, full on fog so I'm hoping it'll shift and get brighter for some photos. I want to do some more stuff on Instagram too like a #myquirkyfave and then everyone share their favourite bit of the kit and then afterwards how they've used it. I'll try and start that today. My planner is just chocker full this week with all this stuff I want to do and then all the stuff I've got to do in-between!
    Leo

obsessing about paper is perfectly normal peachey-kins's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (13)
    What about a one off planner kit like the project life one? Planners are gaining popularity now so I imagine there would be interest.
    XXX Steph XXX
    my blog ***flickr
    category stories dt

View Gallery

Yeah I've done a couple things on the blog with planner embellishing using stuff from kits and have been doing my own planner stuff for a long while. There are lots of planner type organisers coming onto the market this time of year, (ready to start 2016) and I was actually just yesterday debating on looking at stocking some for the Nov/Dec extras shop because some of them would make really lovely Christmas gifts I think. I actually really, really love one that Kaisercraft have and was thinking of using it myself for next year. It's like a cross between a planner, notebook and scrapbook album with pocket pages, notebook pages and calendar pages. I think I may end up trying to get hold of a few of those along with a few things to accessorise it.

If anyone reading this wants to chime in with other ideas for what they want to see in the next extras shop then please do now because this is the week when I'm making my last minute changes and sorting out. If it doesn't happen now it won't for this year.

Isn't that weird, it's really doing my head in how quickly this year has gone! gah
    Leo

View Gallery

Ooo that sounds interesting
    XXX Steph XXX
    my blog ***flickr
    category stories dt

View Gallery

Update on planners
    Planner kits are ordered and hopefully will be available for the extras shop, (or sooner).
    I went with the Simple Stories planners in the end, A5 so good for embellishing and leaving room for actual planning notes and the occasional 6x8ish size scrapbook page if you want to mix in scrapping and it's a nice balance of cute but grown up too I thought with the elegant plain cover then the fun splash of polka dots in the lining inside. Plus Simple Stories are reliable for things like suppling refills and extra pages as the year goes on. It'll be in kit form so you get the planner, plus a mix up of accessories, (stickers, bookmark, dashboards, jotter, clips etc.) and I'll add a little fun Quirky Kit twist
    Leo

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    ooh sounds lovely! when will the extras shop be up (roughly)?

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

View Gallery

Sounds interesting leo. I use a personal planner.so hopefully can use stuff there and scrap with it too
    XXX Steph XXX
    my blog ***flickr
    category stories dt

View Gallery

Jayne - The extras shop is open on the 20th November, I always try to keep to the 20th of the month the new kits are out. As usual I'll send round a message when it's open and ready for ordering.

Yep Steph I do like the idea of mixing in scrapping with planner bits and A5 size does lend itself to mixing with 6x8 well, although I haven't yet found page protectors with the 6 rings it's easy to make your own holes and use like washi tape or strips of paper down the sides to cover the original holes. I have also got some ring protector stickers for the planner kits so that's another way to make your own customised pages to pop in or add things like ephemera or something directly.

Anyone thinking too like "oh it's not really for me a paper planner I can make an appointment calendar on my phone" I have found with my planner and thinking like a scrapper, it's a good place for noting little details down that I may forget later on in the year about certain times and events so when/if I go on to make scrapbook pages I can look up that date and those notes I made on that particular day and it puts your head right back in that space. The actual act of writing down, (and in my case making silly doodles!) puts something tangible in your hands and your memory to get you going with a scrapbook page. I think for anyone doing Project Life retrospectively, (especially if you have a total sieve brain like me!) that would be tremendously helpful.

As I say I may put the planner kits online earlier than the extras shop it will depend on when they get here, as soon as they do I will finalise the photos and get them up on the website. I ordered all the colours apart from Black. If you want to see them before the kits come in there's quite a bit already on the Simple Stories Pinterest page, https://www.pinterest.com/simplestories/carpe-diem/
    Be weary of some of those videos, low speaker volume a necessity for some of them
    Leo