Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    IMG_1787.JPGThank you so much for such a helpful post, it is very much appreciated. I've spent the last couple of evening going through as much as I can, labelling and sorting it into some boxes that I had given me. I know it some things still need redoing before it all gets put back, but it's a start.

We'll be clearing out the room, including getting rid of the old bed and one of the wardrobes next week, ready for painting. It's a lovely sunny room, so Ive decided to do it the same blue again.

I'm glad you mentioned the height of the kallax, as I had been considering it to put the desk on two of the 2x2. I'm going to have a trip to IKEA this coming week to make a final decision, but I have 180cm x77cm to play with so will have a decent sized desk.

Can't believe that I'm actually doing this now... finally ��
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chatty papercrafter elainevking's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (16)
    What a great set of boxes. Perfectly labelled too! Well done
    It sounds like you have really got the bug to get it finished now. Good luck..I'm quite envious. My room is upside down at the moment as I had a plumber her yesterday who needed to get to the radiator behind my desk..so everything is all pulled out. I'm going to have to tackle that today.
    Have fun!

View Gallery

The boxes are very sturdy and the design is really nice, so I just couldn't say no. I hope you enjoyed putting all your stuff back and rearranging everything. I cant wait to actually sit in mine and craft.

Hubby drove me to that enormous shop with the blue and yellow livery to choose my desk/table (I should say he dropped me off, he refused to go in with all the crowd). It's picked, but I didn't get to order it.
    It was stifling and very crowded, and not long after deciding on what I was having, I had a menopauseal moment and had to get the hell out of there.
    Granted, the young shop assistant was brilliant. She got me outside quick, offering water and made sure hubby was fetching me. I'm ordering it online.
    Back to my craft room. I also picked up several sample tubs of paint. None of which I decided that I could live with. It quickly got washed it off. And so,instead and because I like the original blue so much, have decided to wash the walls down and put my RUBs tower and a notice board over the cat-damaged part.
    I have also found some more dies! Where these are coming from I don't know, they're like rabbits! I turn around and there's another one.
    The bed is going in the morning and its slowly getting sorted.

View Gallery

I forgot to ask, does anyone know if the company that make RUBs, do the connection part to make the boxes into a tower for the 7L scrapbooking box?
    I can't seem to find any and don't want the wooden storage desks as I won't have the room... I want them under my desk/table.
    Thank you x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Yes, you can buy the individual frame sections to build your own RUB tower. They're on the Really Useful Products website. They also have a nifty interactive tool which lets you "build" your own tower onscreen. I found this useful when trying to work out how to combine different-sized drawers to get the maximum storage underneath my table. The tool also handles RUB boxes.

You may be able to get the components cheaper elsewhere, though, once you know exactly what you need. I ended up buying two different-sized RUB drawer units from Ryman, and swapping frame/drawer components between the two to get the heights I needed. Storage4crafts, Staples and Amazon had some good prices too.

Have fun!

Ruth