I mentioned that for about a week I have been having some odd problems. What has happened to ME is that lots and lots of blogs don't load but I get an error saying Safari can't find the page. I'm not willing to switch browsers (as some people have suggested) to Chrome but that might help YOU if you don';t care what browser you use. Looking on the internet it appears this may be a fairly widespread problem with Safari in particular. Having said that I tried three other browsers (but not Chrome ) and had the same problems with them.

I THINK it's sorted now and it's fairly simple - certainly on a Mac - but I can't be sure till all pages are loading for a few days.

Basically you need to change your DNS server (Domain Name Server - this is the thing that take the name of a site and sends you to its IP address location. Wikipedia says:
The most important function of DNS servers is the translation (resolution) of human-memorable domain names and hostnames into the corresponding numeric Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, the second principal name space of the Internet which is used to identify and locate computer systems and resources on the Internet.

On a Mac you only need to open System Preferences > Network > Your router, whatever it's called then add the IP address of the Open DNS servers to the beginning of the DNS SERVERS list. They are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220. Save it and try a site that refused to load to see if it has helped.

You can do this temporarily then delete it later (in a week maybe) and see if the problem has been sorted, going back to the DNS server your router usually uses. If changing the DNS server solves the problem and gong back makes the problem happen AGAIN, you can just re-add Open DNS. It MAY be possible to use the Google DNS server rather than Open DNS but I don't know what the IP address of that is

I DO know that since we changed to Open DNS I have not had a single page fail to load.

I'm sorry I don't know exactly how you would do this on a PC. This page may help http://www.opendns.com/home-internet...y/premium-dns/

I know some people have said they have had trouble loading UKS - it is NOT a UKS problem. I would be interested to know if ALL the people with problems have been using Safari or Firefox (both of which I tried and both which failed to load a LOT of pages) or if ALL Chrome users have not had the problem at all.

At least a couple of things I've read point to it being a RECENT problem (maybe since mid-March) and perhaps something to do with a new version of Safari.

The real test will be when I try to do Blog Bits tomorrow......