Naughty, but UKScrappers.
 
 
 


Love Blossoms

by Mary Buttons

April Sketch challenge Ally Pally Pal

by Crafty Sandra

Friday 5 - My world

by scrapdolly

Happy 16th

by scrapdolly

Grateful

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!



Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Swaps & Circle Journals > Swaps

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 466 to 479 of 479
  1. #466
    I grew back ... like a starfish. Kitty Crafts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Secretly Canadian
    Posts
    10,819
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (99)
    Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
    Heidi, can you delete the tag swap on the swaps forum please, I tried to but for some reason can't? I will add the official one later, thanks x
    Christmas Stocking Swap *** ATCoin Swap

    Blog Thingy

  2. #467
    Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    northampton
    Posts
    1,541
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (28)
    Thanked 91 Times in 76 Posts
    Is the Tag swap going to go ahead soon ?? I would really like to join in one .

  3. #468
    When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hither and thither in the Welsh borders
    Posts
    747
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (53)
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    In the spirit of trying to stash busting and reducing my scraps I have been making serendipity squares and I wondered if anyone would like to join me in s swap? There was one on UKS a few years ago and I really enjoyed doing it so thought it might be time for another....
    Julia

    Christmas stocking swap 2018

  4. #469
    Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    northampton
    Posts
    1,541
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (28)
    Thanked 91 Times in 76 Posts
    Julia , what do you have to do . I’ve never heard of a serendipity square. But if it means using up some of my stash i’d Be happy to join in .

  5. #470
    Dedicated Scrapper Gail S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    North Lanarkshire
    Posts
    533
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (22)
    Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    I’ve never heard of them either but I’ve done a wee bit research and I’d like to join in too.
    Gail
    ATC coin swap

  6. #471
    When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hither and thither in the Welsh borders
    Posts
    747
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (53)
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonblossom View Post
    Julia , what do you have to do . I’ve never heard of a serendipity square. But if it means using up some of my stash i’d Be happy to join in .
    Hi Jill - this is quite a good explanation:

    http://gomakesomething.com/ht/collag...ipity-squares/

    And this was the instructions from the previous swap I participated in, which I have managed to dig out (alarmingly it was 2007 - 12 years ago!!)

    *you need to make a big serendipity square, in 12x12 size, based on the colour you chose when you signed up
    *when it's finished and dry, cut into 9 pieces, each 4x4 in size
    *label the back of each square with your uks name and send them all to me
    *I'll swap them so you end up getting back 9 different squares, one of yours and one from each of the others in the group



    When I've made them before I've started with a 12x12 page insert (the ones that come with albums but I don't normally use them), but you can also use patterened paper or cardstock for a base

    I've then selected a range of scraps based on a colour theme, trying for different patterns, maybe also textures. It's OK to use papers with other colours (e.g. if you chose blue, it's OK to have papers with green, purple, red etc on), but try to make the squares based on the colour you chose - that way we should end up with a variety of colours at the end

    I've then torn / cut / punched my scraps into different sizes and shapes and moved them about on my base sheet for a while until I'm happy with where they are (this can take a while!). You can ink of chalk the edges a bit here if you'd like.

    Once happy with postions, I've got the glue out and stuck it all down (used lots of glue as otherwise when you cut then sqaure into little squares the scraps might lift up). I usually overlap the edges of the 12x12 base sheet and trim back to size when finished.

    When they're all stuck down I've then stamped randmly over the top and embossed some of the stamps to give glittery bits. I've also seen some squares with swirls of glitter over the top

    When it's all dry, cut the big square into nine little ones, each 4x4. Try to be as accurate as possible so we end up with equal sized squares

    I've used squares from a previous swap to make a little minibook, using beermats as covers .


    Of course we don't need to do them quite the same - and if there isn't enough interest to get a group of nine involved we could do bigger squares, or fewer.

    Hope that helps!
    Last edited by juliab; 21-01-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Updating
    Julia

    Christmas stocking swap 2018

  7. #472
    Faffer Extraordinaire lou@papermaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    4,273
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (65)
    Thanked 19 Times in 17 Posts
    I'd like to play Julia x
    My BLOG
    SWAPS:

  8. #473
    Dedicated Scrapper lemonblossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    northampton
    Posts
    1,541
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (28)
    Thanked 91 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by juliab View Post
    Hi Jill - this is quite a good explanation:

    http://gomakesomething.com/ht/collag...ipity-squares/

    And this was the instructions from the previous swap I participated in, which I have managed to dig out (alarmingly it was 2007 - 12 years ago!!)

    *you need to make a big serendipity square, in 12x12 size, based on the colour you chose when you signed up
    *when it's finished and dry, cut into 9 pieces, each 4x4 in size
    *label the back of each square with your uks name and send them all to me
    *I'll swap them so you end up getting back 9 different squares, one of yours and one from each of the others in the group



    When I've made them before I've started with a 12x12 page insert (the ones that come with albums but I don't normally use them), but you can also use patterened paper or cardstock for a base

    I've then selected a range of scraps based on a colour theme, trying for different patterns, maybe also textures. It's OK to use papers with other colours (e.g. if you chose blue, it's OK to have papers with green, purple, red etc on), but try to make the squares based on the colour you chose - that way we should end up with a variety of colours at the end

    I've then torn / cut / punched my scraps into different sizes and shapes and moved them about on my base sheet for a while until I'm happy with where they are (this can take a while!). You can ink of chalk the edges a bit here if you'd like.

    Once happy with postions, I've got the glue out and stuck it all down (used lots of glue as otherwise when you cut then sqaure into little squares the scraps might lift up). I usually overlap the edges of the 12x12 base sheet and trim back to size when finished.

    When they're all stuck down I've then stamped randmly over the top and embossed some of the stamps to give glittery bits. I've also seen some squares with swirls of glitter over the top

    When it's all dry, cut the big square into nine little ones, each 4x4. Try to be as accurate as possible so we end up with equal sized squares

    I've used squares from a previous swap to make a little minibook, using beermats as covers .


    Of course we don't need to do them quite the same - and if there isn't enough interest to get a group of nine involved we could do bigger squares, or fewer.

    Hope that helps!
    Thanks for explaining that to me Julia.
    I'd like to give that a go , so count me in if you are hosting .

  9. #474
    When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hither and thither in the Welsh borders
    Posts
    747
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (53)
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Okay - so it looks like there are four of us interested at this stage so I will send the info through later this evening to get the thread started.

    Julia
    Julia

    Christmas stocking swap 2018

  10. #475
    When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hither and thither in the Welsh borders
    Posts
    747
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (53)
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Just tried to send swap details to Karen but her inbox is full and not accepting incoming messages (groan) so hopefully it will get cleared soon.
    Julia

    Christmas stocking swap 2018

  11. #476
    Dedicated Scrapper
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    184
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (15)
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Julia,
    I've been somewhat idle of late but this has got my creative juices flowing. Can you add me in too please?
    Lorraine

  12. #477
    When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hither and thither in the Welsh borders
    Posts
    747
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (53)
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lorraines View Post
    Hi Julia,
    I've been somewhat idle of late but this has got my creative juices flowing. Can you add me in too please?
    Lorraine
    Great! I'll try and get the thread up asap.
    Julia

    Christmas stocking swap 2018

  13. #478
    Dedicated Scrapper
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Clochan, Banffshire, Scotland
    Posts
    2,257
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (47)
    Thanked 59 Times in 57 Posts
    I would be interested if you get it off the ground
    Chris
    Jigsaw Christmas Decoration swap. A.T.C. coin swap(2 groups)Christmas stocking Swap.
    Twisted Sisters AJ CJ.

  14. #479
    When you're in a hole ...... stop digging! juliab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hither and thither in the Welsh borders
    Posts
    747
    View Gallery

    Trader Rating: (53)
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrapnanny View Post
    I would be interested if you get it off the ground
    Hi - we did go ahead but "off thread" as I wasn't able to raise Kitty Crafts to put up a public thread. We've almost finished but I haven't sent the swaps back out yet as just waiting for one to arrive. If you wanted to join in and can get it completed by the weekend I'm sure that the others won't mind waiting - but it might be a bit of a rush for you? Send me a DM if you're interested and I can send you the details.
    Julia

    Christmas stocking swap 2018

+ Post New Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Foil Play Graphtec UK Memories & Photos Papermaze Crafts 4 Eternity
Country View Crafts
ATDML banner

Click HERE for additional Sponsors


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:25 PM.

Search
The Library (& FOTW)
Blog Bits Archive
Facebook Page

Challenge & Class Links

Weekly: Team Challenge
House Challenge
Card Challenge
SNAP Photo Challenge
Simple Recipes
Project Life (& Printables)
Scrap Like You Mean It Reboot

Graphtec Sky

Latest Group Posts
The Green Buttons' House
GB Weekly Challenge March 25th 2019
by Maggie B
25-03-2019 07:09 AM Go to last post
Declutter Your Home
2019 is the Year to Declutter
by Crafty Lady
18-03-2019 02:24 PM Go to last post
The ADVENTurers 2017
Christmas day
by kimmie_35
07-01-2018 10:37 PM Go to last post
The ADVENTurers 2016
On Christmas Day ...
by lebosi
29-12-2016 03:55 PM Go to last post
Ali Edward's December Daily
December Daily 2016
by beanpole
04-12-2016 10:30 AM Go to last post
The ADVENTurers 2015
On Cristmas Day, Santa gave me ....
by Natoni
28-12-2015 07:16 PM Go to last post
View All Groups



Charmed Cards & Crafts sky