April week 3

by elainevking

For the love of red wellies

by Jolene

Hollywood Studios

by Jolene

Go See Do

by Jolene

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Pocket Scrapbooking

Notices

Charmed Cards & Crafts banner

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I think the idea is to cut it then back it with a different color so it's like the original, a cut out, with a "shadow" in the holes

How odd it would think it a gsd. Isnt that a proprietary file format??

View Gallery

To cut right would all the black need to be in outline?

View Gallery

The camera is still a problem cause of the nested circles - the whole thing will drop out - but in general will this then worK?
    Attached Files Attached Files

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Yes it opens as an SVG when I save as all files. GSD was the file format for Robomaster now replaced by Silhouette Studio although Studio will open GSD's. It's always a problem with some letter's and shapes because it cuts a hole in them like the O and the D and the camera, the only way to get around it is to save those parts and attach separately
    Attached Images Attached Images

View Gallery

I think in this case the O and the D (and the R) are fine, because you want them to be a solid hole and not an outline - that's the font "look" (it's called BLACKOUT - a clue!) so it's just the camera that is the real issue and that might be solvable with a different dingbat camera, I just have to look at the 3 or 4 versions I have in various digs. The real question is, is it useful for anyone? If is is, and it sounded like Suky might like using it, then I will go ahead and make the full sheet. Another query - can you break apart the SVG? My thought is as long as they are reduced in size proportionally, then they can be resized to the 3 x 4 (or indeed 4 x 6) size needed for PL. So I could load up a single A4 sheet with all of them and then once imported the individual images can be sized as needed. If that makes sense

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I think in this case the O and the D (and the R) are fine, because you want them to be a solid hole and not an outline - that's the font "look" (it's called BLACKOUT - a clue!) so it's just the camera that is the real issue and that might be solvable with a different dingbat camera, I just have to look at the 3 or 4 versions I have in various digs. The real question is, is it useful for anyone? If is is, and it sounded like Suky might like using it, then I will go ahead and make the full sheet. Another query - can you break apart the SVG? My thought is as long as they are reduced in size proportionally, then they can be resized to the 3 x 4 (or indeed 4 x 6) size needed for PL. So I could load up a single A4 sheet with all of them and then once imported the individual images can be sized as needed. If that makes sense
    I didn't realise the font was meant to look like that sorry, although the holes will still happen in other fonts even if they look right on the screen. I was able to separate the pieces in Inkscape and if anyone has the Designer Edition of Studio they will be able to separate them in that too.

View Gallery

So implied is that it would be easier if it were sized correctly to begin with so people who DON'T have any special tools can just hit CUT and be done with it?

And actually that camera is fiendishly tricky to convert and none of the ones I have work any better. I have one more idea to try but if it doesn't work I may have to come up with an alternative....

View Gallery

So implied is that it would be easier if it were sized correctly to begin with so people who DON'T have any special tools can just hit CUT and be done with it?

And actually that camera is fiendishly tricky to convert and none of the ones I have work any better. I have one more idea to try but if it doesn't work I may have to come up with an alternative....
    I'm not sure how they would cut an SVG without having the software to open it and if they can open it they should be able to resize it. Studio will open it if they have the DE but there are others that can open SVG's such as MTC and SCAL. I've just tried MTC and SCAL and it opened and can be taken apart in those too

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    Doreen, I am so glad you got to this before I got my inexperienced hands on it The issue of the camera having separate 'bits' isn't a problem. I would just stick them on after.
    I had no time to play today as I spent most of it in the greenhouse pricking out seedlings. This time of year my scrapping takes more of a back seat, sadly.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Suky View Post
    Doreen, I am so glad you got to this before I got my inexperienced hands on it The issue of the camera having separate 'bits' isn't a problem. I would just stick them on after.
    I had no time to play today as I spent most of it in the greenhouse pricking out seedlings. This time of year my scrapping takes more of a back seat, sadly.
    I'm not a scrapbooker but came across this while browsing and being the nosey parker I am......

View Gallery

I'm glad you were nosy I didn't realize that the problem I've been having with making SVGs had to do with converting a font to a path (or that's what my program calls it) so that helped a lot. Glad to know it works in Scal too - I was hoping to avoid disconnecting the Mini and installing the OLD Cricut with Scal to test cut but now I know this new info I will probably do that after I make the full sheet of them. Although that mat is only 6 x 12 at least I know I can break it apart and cut as many as fit the mat.

I've been playing with the camera and might have sorted it out, not sure, so I want to give that a go anyway so that may end up being my task for the day.....

View Gallery

OK, so check it out!

I hooked up the old Cricut so I could use Scal and they worked!! You do have to save the tiny extra bits from the camera and the thumbs-up - that was way easier than any other method I could come up with - but I think they look cute.

I did take the step of finding a clear image of a PL card from the site and trying my best to match the corner rounding. It's as close as I can make it. I also looked at the sizing. In more than one lace I saw that 2.9 x 3.9 inches is the best measurement, I guess to allow best fit in the pockets, so I did that. If anyone else wants to test them, please do and LMK. I've added the SVG and may just go back and delete the others as they are all wrong

Here is a shot or two of them cut:

and after you stick the tiny bits:
    Attached Files Attached Files

View Gallery

You've done a great job MaryAnne

View Gallery

LOL! Thanks - it took a while but I learned loads while doing it so thanks for the tips Doreen! Not sure I'd have gotten there without you

View Gallery

LOL! Thanks - it took a while but I learned loads while doing it so thanks for the tips Doreen! Not sure I'd have gotten there without you
    I'm sure you would but you're welcome

+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast