Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Studio V3

Hobby is cardmaking
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

New Studio V3

Just been reading Silhouette's Blog about the new version released today. Looks good.

SueL

View Gallery

Hi Suel
    yes it does look good. but the site is blocked as so many people are trying to download it. i will have another try tomorrow

Dakflowers.

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Wowed! This actually looks worth downloading - I'm about 10 versions behind as they never look interesting enough to risk the potential problems there have been with some downloads. It looks like they're trying to catch up with the CutNScan. Really pleased about the PDF import.
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I've just tried checking for updates via the Studio help menu but it says no updates available so I went to Silhouette America site and downloaded it...I've added the link here but there are a lot of people trying to download it so you may need to check back later.

PLEASE BE AWARE THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH INSTALLING ON W8.1 Hopefully SA can help, I will send an email and report back when I get a reply.

Update apparently the developers have tested it with W8.1 and it is working fine so just in case my problem was that it didn't download properly I'm downloading it again.
    Last edited by DJG; 11-04-2014 at 09:34 AM.

Owner of Janome MC9900 & Brother ScanNCut
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    I've just followed the link in my email and have been sat waiting for over 15 mins how long does this update to to download please?

View Gallery

Mine took ages to download but wow I can't wait to try it out. It's like having a new programme. It's changed so much hope it all works. Off to play......
    Shirley x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by stressed View Post
    I've just followed the link in my email and have been sat waiting for over 15 mins how long does this update to to download please?
    Mine was very quick.... it's probably the volume of people trying to download that is causing the problem

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I have the design edition do I download the new silhouette download or is there an update for the design edition - does anyone know please

View Gallery

I'm downloading now, but it is telling me it will take 48 minutes! Possibly due to volume of people trying to download as Doreen said, but don't want to stop it now.

Has anyone succeeded in downloading and installing? I know there are often problems with updates and newer versions. I'm running Windows 7 and using the Designer edition.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by liz.t.little View Post
    I have the design edition do I download the new silhouette download or is there an update for the design edition - does anyone know please
    The update is for both versions

Crafting is for life, not just for Christmas! Jackie H's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (5)
    I've just been reading about the differences in this new version here.

Just thought I'd point out that you may like to take note of the warnings about file creation and opening files created in other versions.

Overall, it sounds like some great new features though.
    Jackie

View Gallery

I really like the sound of this newer versions of Studio. I was wondering if you could install as a new programme in a different directory, leaving the original Studio Software in tact. Hopefully I would be able to input the serial number of the designer edition. This way I could be sure it works and older files open prior to removing my original programme.

Any thoughts if this would be possible.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

DJG Thanks for your reply

Hobby is cardmaking
    View Gallery

Hi, I have kept the older version but moved it to my desktop, just in case. My download took just over an hour, but the internet where I live is very slow, so quite pleased with that. I have Windows 7 and just last weekend upgraded to the Designer Edition. I just followed the on-screen instructions, let it install where it wanted to and hey presto the computer did the rest. Hope this helps anyone. SueL

View Gallery

Just to let you know I did install the newer version into a different directory, but the installation removed the original software. So my idea didn't work. However, I must say I really like the newer version and I have been able to open existing files without any problems. Now looking forward to have a realy "play".