Ogunquit estuary

by scrapdolly

Mum & Dad

by Mary Buttons

January sketch

by Maggie B

At Last

by scrapdolly

Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Other Scrapping > Pocket Scrapbooking

Notices

Graphtec UK banner

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I am new to Pl too. So far I have selected the photos I want to use for weeks 1 and 2. I bought an album in the sales with lovely craft pages; it's not your 'normal' Pl album but I thought I could section the pages out as described. Also it has 52 pages (just LOs) so that would fit perfectly for the whole year....

Is there a particular place to upload our pages or do we use this thread?
    Mags
    Glitterbugs in the Blue Brads House!
    *Mini Canvas Swap*

Shy and elusive - but friendly when you get to know her (and she shares stash!) Woozle's Avatar
    in a world of my own most of the time - otherwise in Leicester!
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (58)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
    I am also doing mine digitally Woozle. Which program are you using? I use Photoshop Elements and clipping masks. I have downloaded a couple of the Project Life templates to start me off and now use the blocks and rearrange them to suit what I want. I am finding it quite quick and easy once I decide which papers and embelishments to use!
    I've downloaded a few freebies & the currently free "cherry" kit from the digitalprojectlife website. I have decided to pretty much use the "A" template to maintain consistency across the year but I like that I can swap it out or alter it if I need to/want to. Mostly I'm just making it up as I go along in PSE! I'm going to keep it simple (ish!) but I did try a few new things this week including merging a couple of clipping masks together to span a paper between two as background for a quote & journalling.
    I did a double spread in my 6x8 last year with a few little extra inserts and I am going square this year (haven't decided yet if I will print it out at 8x8 or 12x12 - leaning towards the smaller size!) but I do like that I can do a single page for most weeks & 2/3/4 pages for those weeks when something interesting happens! Whilst I like some of the consistency of last year (using the same template for journalling each week etc) I particularly like that I can swap things around this year & the consistency will be in layout etc rather than content.
    I'm Woozle and I'm a Cybercrop addict!

Go Team Scrap Apples! otakugirly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Hi everyone, lovely to see so many of us trying PL this year.

I started PL in 2013 and have 3 weeks left to complete. I love doing it because it allows me to document all the little details of my growing girls. I have two girls, who are 18 months and 2 weeks.

Unfortunately I developed a serious pelvis problem late in my pregnancy and I'm still recovering at the moment. I probably won't be able to catch on my PL for a while because sitting at my crafting table is a bit too sore. I've making sure to take plenty of pictures and I keep notes in a little diary too, so when I am better I'll have everything I need to get going.

Also been doing a little online shopping so I'll have more than enough stash come the spring!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Going to give this a go this year too - have supplies so all set. Just wondering has anyone any tips or ideas for recording their journalling. Was going to get a filofax style diary but would love to hear any tips you may have used successfully.
    thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I just ordered my first Project Life bits today (album, core kit, theme cards, page protectors) and am really looking forward to this. I've grown a bit tired of regular scrapbooking so I'm hoping this will bring back some enthusiasm for me, both for scrapping and for photography. I'm so happy to find this group.

Just wondering where you find the best selection of papers, accessories, etc.?
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Blog: Crafty Tidbits

Sssh! You'll frighten the sheep! baa-me-chick's Avatar
    Up a farm track, in the middle of nowhere........
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (34)

Thumbs up

As someone that scraps in fits & starts, I'm using pl as a no frills, no stress, don't worry if I mess up sort of way to journal. I then hope to use that to kick start more involved layouts. This thread is a great way to encourage me so thanks for this.
    Also as a newish granny of 2 granddaughters i have a lot more to journal about than ever!!!
    i just hope it goes to plan
    Hugs 'n' stuff, Nicki xx
    "2015
    - The year of Art jounaling & scrapbooking"

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (54)
    I have also been doing PL style albums since Document 2010. Last year I used PL pps but just used my stash to fill pockets etc. Just 2 or 3 sides per month for me. I've since bought a few PL kits (now Hobbycraft do them) and have used one of them to put all the old photos of our oldest friends together. I showed it to them over Christmas and they loved it!

Looking forward to new ideas and inspiration

loving life and capturing it as I go hannahk's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by linda321 View Post
    I've since bought a few PL kits (now Hobbycraft do them) and have used one of them to put all the old photos of our oldest friends together. I showed it to them over Christmas and they loved it!
    what a great idea ~ I have spare pockets and cards and a whole stash of old photo prints ... may well do this as a quick way to get them stored.
    Hannah

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (21)
    i hadn't opened my pl box but i did tonight, it is really fab, i am posative that even if i dont do big scrapbook pages i can get my mojo back just by filling in all the memories that go with main photos and then putting i them in some order.
    2 weekly challenge, 1 house challenge, 4 LO's,
    0 cj pages
    1 mini books[COLOR="Lime"]

Christmas junk journal swap.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    Well so far I have my new PL folder, two packs of plastic page protectors and one core kit containing the journaling cards so I am waiting for the end of January to see how to get started. I dare not buy any more stash as I have been collecting patterned paper, card stock and other bits and pieces which I haven't used.
    I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone else has done for January so that I can get cracking.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (17)
    I finally got notice that my PL supplies have despatched. At last! Actually I couldn't wait so drove 20 miles (each way) to buy some page protectors so I can get started.

Today, I did a Google search on "Project Life cards" and came up with a load of freebies. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow???
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Blog: Crafty Tidbits

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (6)
    There are loads on Pinterest, too, JaneH. I have got some really nice ones from there.

Well, I have spent a couple of hours cutting up background card today, so I hope to stop procrastinating tomorrow and make a start!!!
    Sheila

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    Hiya. Is it okay if I join in please? I got myself a core kit from Hobbycraft and some page protectors. Already had an old empy Heidi Swap (I think) album and have been busy downloading and cutting background cards and cutting plain 3 x 4 on my craft robo. I would love to give a digital version a try too but am still pondering on that one. Thinking of doing weekly single pages and double pages on special events, Christmas, New Year etc

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Have selected myphotos and put them on my USB stick so I can go to Boots this afternoon to get them printed. The aim is to do weeks 1 - 3 tomorrow afternoon while babysitting my grandnsons during their afternoon nap!
    Mags
    Glitterbugs in the Blue Brads House!
    *Mini Canvas Swap*

generally happy, often bewildered Organic Ness's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Hi! There are loads of free downloads for PL on Pinterest - loads of inspiration too.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneH View Post
    I finally got notice that my PL supplies have despatched. At last! Actually I couldn't wait so drove 20 miles (each way) to buy some page protectors so I can get started.

Today, I did a Google search on "Project Life cards" and came up with a load of freebies. Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow???
    I'm Scrap Happyand a Green Button

+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast