Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Paint Mists/Sprays

Can anyone recommend a good brand/product for spraying paint on scrapbook backgrounds? I mean similar to glimmer mists but I'm looking at any options. I need a purple and a bright pink.

My plan was to stick letters to a white background, use the paints over the top and remove the letters so the title shows through as white. It's to go with these photos... below. I just did a quick mock up of when I wanted to do.

Any other suggestions welcome!!!!! Want this to be something a bit 'different'.
    Attached Images Attached Images

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    I recall Shim doing a class at a crop once where she used spray paint

But I think you could also easily mix plain old acrylic paint with a bit of water to make in more runny and just put that in a standard mister bottle, I've done that in the past and it works fine, although I do tend to do a small amount and then rinse the bottle pretty much as soon as I'm done so it doesn't clog the nozzle.

Let the good times roll......... CraftyPrincess's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (26)
    You can use drawing ink in Mini Mister bottles too, that works well for a stronger colour.

The Mister Huey colour mists are quite strong colours too but it wouldn't be thick like a paint.
    You could try painting over the top of your letters first to get the definition and then flicking the paint off the brush to get the blobby splatter effect bits?
    Leo

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Studio calico do a set of fluorescent mister huey mists, they have a real bright pink! or you could splatter the hero arts neon daubers to get that vibrant pink colour

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I think Studio Calico's Mister Huey Sprays would work quite well on this idea.
    You can get different coverage depending on how close/far away you spray from and if you use a sweeping motion or not!

You could also flick ink on using the applicator!

I stock them here
    Sarah x

One day I'll be living the dream...
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Hero Arts Neon Dauber have a good pink and purple. You could put some into a mini mister if you wanted to spray it. Failing that I'd go with watered down acrylics. If you use a fluid acrylic (I stock Golden if that helps) then you'll get a good strong colour intensity, or you could try the Distress Paints as well as they are very liquid as well (and cheaper that shelling out for Golden if you don't need them for something else) Maybe Picked Raspberry for your pink.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    If you are wanting something similar to glimmer mists, rather than like paint, then try Dylusions-the colours are really vivid and intense!!
    MY SCRAPPY BLOG MY PHOTOGRAPHY BLOG
    THE SCRAPBOOK MAGAZINE DT