Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pen adapter

Not a scrapper, a card and boxer.
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

Pen adapter

I know we've had this one before but I just can't work out which one is best.
    I have some of the silhouette pen's but I don't think they're very good personally, some of the colours seem a bit off and they don't last five minutes.
    Anyone got advice on which adapter and which pens work best, I've heard some smudge.
    Thanks very much for any help.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    I rarely use pens but my first Robo came with the pen holder which was the smaller one and the only one available at the time. If I didn't have one and was going to buy one now I would buy the bigger size because most pens will fit and if they don't you can wrap some tape around the pen to so it fits the holder.
    If you use the search option on the red bar across the top you should find earlier posts on which pens people prefer HTH

View Gallery

Thanks Doreen, I'll give it a go.

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bobble21 View Post
    Thanks Doreen, I'll give it a go.
    You're welcome

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    Which holder you choose depends on what type of pen you use: the old style cheaper ones take thinner barrel pens, and the more expensive ones are designed to take the thicker Sakura pens. Other than price and size there's no other difference at all! If you can afford the larger version then get this because as Doreen says you can use tape (or rubber bands, etc) to adapt the narrower pens.

It's not necessarily the pen adapter that causes smudging, but the type of pen you use as some are not designed for line drawing/writing but for colouring in, and these are more likely to cause you blobby problems. Also be aware that if your design is in a position where the rollers can run over it, then this could also smudge wet ink.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

so is the pen holder that i need the one in the packaging with the blue backgrounf and 'Ball point pen holder' on the packaging? because there's three to choose from on the graphtec website and I'm not sure what the difference is.
    Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    so is the pen holder that i need the one in the packaging with the blue backgrounf and 'Ball point pen holder' on the packaging? because there's three to choose from on the graphtec website and I'm not sure what the difference is.
    Thanks
    Bobble the largest is more versitile. Mine has an embossing tool in it at the moment. Underneath 'Ball-Point Pen Holder' my packaging says 'Larger bore to take Glitter Pens'. The product code is CR09306E-SP.

View Gallery

Thanks
    Here's the page for the pen holders.
    Last edited by DJG; 09-09-2013 at 01:55 PM.

View Gallery

Thanksoff to order one.

View Gallery

Embossing tool? how does that work then?
    I'm intrigued.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Embossing tool? how does that work then?
    I'm intrigued.
    I use the middle size from a pack of three clear handle embossing tools with easy grip. I removed the easy grip rubber by rolling it off and then put the embossing tool in the pen holder. On mirri card it will leave an embossed impression, although not that deep. I think the largest embossing tool would show the embossing up more but it will not go through the bottom of the pen holder.

View Gallery

Ingenious, I would never have thought of that.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

What a good idea using an embossing tool. I have to try to give it a go. sounds good.
    I remember a man on you Tube made a pen holder for craft rob. I had purchased one it wasn't cheap. but think it only holds narrow pens. Wish I knew this last year.
    Love reading all the advice on this site learning loads. xx

View Gallery

I've got my adapter now and i've bought two sakura pens but where they're quite thin when you tighten the screw the pen is pushed over at an angle. Will this effect the final result does anyone know please.

View Gallery

I've got my adapter now and i've bought two sakura pens but where they're quite thin when you tighten the screw the pen is pushed over at an angle. Will this effect the final result does anyone know please.
    Try wrapping some masking tape or elastic bands around it to make it fatter