Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (97)

So now the kids have gone back to school ...

... what's on your 'must catch up with crafting' list ?!

After breathing a huge sigh of relief that we've all 'survived' the summer holidays , all items of PE kit present and correct and the school shoes still fit ( having been bought back in July ) I can now turn my thoughts towards some crafting catch-up . My list includes ...

1. Locate table in craft room
    2. Open un-opened kit from August
    3. Do what I've said I'd do for the last decade ... make at least a dozen birthday cards so that I don;t have to that last minute dash to the shops and pay £3 for something mass produced !

What's on your list ?
    My Blog

Claire

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (20)
    LOL! Mine isn't n school till Friday (I get that they don't want SEN kids to be too anxious so having only ONE day of college before a break for the weekend makes SOME sense, but still ...) so I still have a day more before I can attack the HUGE list of things I need to do that are easier to do with DD safely away for most of the day! Making the list is one of them LOL!

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    My youngest went back to nursery today (the older one started juniors on Tuesday) - no crafting for me however - washing as the weather is going to be lovely (rain predicted tomorrow). Since its only 2.5hrs I might use the time in-between cycles to tidy the almighty mess on my craft desk. So I can at least find my scissors. Going to start my craft to do list tonight and see if I can make a start on something!

View Gallery

I am a little out of sort. I also started work part time work this week so this being my free day, I am sitting here twiddling my thumb. I think I best tidy up my craft room before I attack a couple of projects due at the end of the month.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I started my "craft room sort out" last week while DS was playing at a friends.

I organised all the photos from the last 4 years on the PC and sent them off for printing.
    Today I have organised my old scrapbooks into date order and labeled them.

For layouts since 2011 I am using a more Project Life type of format, so when my photos arrive I am going to put them straight into the page protectors and then add the paper and embelishments as and when the mood takes me.

Then the final job is to clear out all those bits of paper/ribbon/few stickers I have been hanging onto just in case I ever need them. I have never needed them :-)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    I am hoping to get my mojo back, I've not had it for a while :0(
    So hopefully now they are back in school I will find some inspiration and get crafting again.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm the one that has your children at school so zero crafting time for me until half term:-)

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (102)
    Both mine went back today. I need to print off all the 6 week photos and do something with them. But......

Quote Originally Posted by stitching lady View Post
    I'm the one that has your children at school so zero crafting time for me until half term:-)
    Me too

Determined to reduce the stash and photo pile arimum_123's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (10)
    Ditto the above - and I've started a new job so am having to learn new systems, hundreds of names etc and have so much work to do to get up to speed definitely wont be crafting for some time yet!

Louise x
    Die-cut swap. Washi tape swap.

Do or do not, there is no try! tobysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

I have the photos from our holiday to scrap and my DHs birthday treat of Flamingo land to do but first, I did a 25mile walk to raise some money for the nursery I work at to buy large equipment for the kids so I'm making a mini for that which I need to finish xxx
    Sarah xxx

Desperately seeking scraptime.... CoventryAnn's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by stitching lady View Post

Me too
    http://coventryann.blogspot.com/
    mAR Points -SLO 7x10 = 70 DLO x10= WklyChall wk1= wk2= wk3=25 wk 4= ;House chall= SimpRec = Cards 5x10= 50 SLYMIR 4 x30=120 Total = 265 SLYMI Reboot total 5/7

just don't call me The Boss MaryAnne's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tobysmum View Post
    I have the photos from our holiday to scrap and my DHs birthday treat of Flamingo land to do but first, I did a 25mile walk to raise some money for the nursery I work at to buy large equipment for the kids so I'm making a mini for that which I need to finish xxx
    There will be a handful of layouts for inspiration in the Blog Hop

Do or do not, there is no try! tobysmum's Avatar
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    There will be a handful of layouts for inspiration in the Blog Hop
    Thanks, I will be watching with interest xxx
    Sarah xxx

View Gallery

I've spent the last few weeks painting the outside of my house, all the garden walls, garage and the cottage behind me (its where my dad used to live, but now he's no longer with us, I have converted it for workshops). I have one more day of painting I need to do to finish, but our weather has turned (I live in the NW of Ireland) and its only 50F outside. I see no reason to bundle up in order to try and keep warm while I paint.

Sooo, since I have no kids (even my grands are teenagers and up) I'm going to craft for the day. I'm not a great scrapper, but I do love making cards (amongst the other crafts I do).

By the way, I had a real problem a couple of days ago, and couldn't get here at all - did anyone else have the same problem? I use Google Chrome and it just kept bouncing me off.