Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)

WRMK Envelope maker/punch

HELP! I bought this a couple of weeks ago and finally got to trying it this morning, but I can't get the right size envelope after 3 tries and now I'm hot and irritated The card is a rectangle shape, but the envelope is coming out square, but the paper size it tells me to cut is square so it stands to reason it will come out square as well. It looks so simple but it's driving me mad, have tried it using the metric and imperial sizes but still no good!
    Am I doing something really silly?

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (55)
    I don't have one, but there is bound to be a Youtube video that might help

I remember, when they were first launched, reading that people were having problems with inaccurate measurements.

Personally, the only time I am likely to need a custom envelope, is if I've made a particularly large card. Looking at the size of the board I think the paper would go off the edge. Is there a way round that?
    Fiona xx

Loves playing with Studio BathBelle's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    It is deceiving! You can start with a square piece of paper and end up with a rectangle if you follow the instructions. I'm away at the moment and don't have it with me.

For each envelope size on the left it then gives you the size of paper to cut. You then put the paper to the measurement along the top that it says on the right. You must be accurate. Score the diagonal line to the right. Then punch the notch, then turn through 90 degrees to the left lining up your score line with the blue pointer and score and punch again. Repeat twice. Some of the sizes are a little off, maybe a little bigger. I am in the process of making one of each (of 69 sizes) so I have a sample of each.

Angelfish is right, there are plenty of YouTube videos showing you what to do. I think WRMK have one themselves.
    Ruth

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (64)
    Quote Originally Posted by BathBelle View Post
    It is deceiving! You can start with a square piece of paper and end up with a rectangle if you follow the instructions. I'm away at the moment and don't have it with me.

For each envelope size on the left it then gives you the size of paper to cut. You then put the paper to the measurement along the top that it says on the right. You must be accurate. Score the diagonal line to the right. Then punch the notch, then turn through 90 degrees to the left lining up your score line with the blue pointer and score and punch again. Repeat twice. Some of the sizes are a little off, maybe a little bigger. I am in the process of making one of each (of 69 sizes) so I have a sample of each.

Angelfish is right, there are plenty of YouTube videos showing you what to do. I think WRMK have one themselves.
    all sorted now. I was turning it 90 degrees but then lining it up with the original score mark, not the pointer - doh! - thanks so much for pointing that out. I now have an envelope that fits, yay! Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by angelfish View Post
    I don't have one, but there is bound to be a Youtube video that might help

I remember, when they were first launched, reading that people were having problems with inaccurate measurements.

Personally, the only time I am likely to need a custom envelope, is if I've made a particularly large card. Looking at the size of the board I think the paper would go off the edge. Is there a way round that?
    thanks for suggesting Youtube, I never seem to think of looking there.
    I see what you mean about the score line on the board running out before your paper on the larger sizes, mine did, but as it was only about 1cm it didn't stop it working. The reason I'm making envelopes is that I have a hundred or more cards that were given to me by a colleague that also works in a printers and they are allowed to take the end of run cards, but not envelopes and she shared with me. Great way to use up all the papers I no longer 'like' to make envelopes with pretty patterned insides.