Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (24)
    I think I've previously posted brief details on how to do this - but if you can't find them you should find all the relevant information if you do a Google search as I posted above - detailed instructions are given either on a Make the Cut forum or on their Yahoo group, so I'm not posting any direct links to a competor on a Graphtec sponsored forum.

Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    As above....but basically you will need to uninstall your present version. Install 1.9 or 2.0. Change the names of the folder and the exe file for that version to prevent it being overwritten by the newer version. Re install the latest version and TAT DAA! Up and running with two versions!
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    [QUOTE=Tootsie;6550360]I hope it is ok to post this link. This is where I downloaded version 1.9 from.
    http://www.12mind.com/~gidzes/Robo/s...tudio1.9.0.zip.
    Last edited by yorkshirecrafte; 22-01-2014 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Found instructions

View Gallery

While we are on the subject of updating! When I opened Designer Edition it said there is an update. Will it automatically update with a newer version of DE. When I went to the site there wasn't a mention of DE update, I don't want to go back to just the Silhouette programme. Would be very grateful for some help.

Thanks,
    Myra

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Myra I updated to the latest version (V2.9.45d) and my DE is fine

View Gallery

To elaborate, Myra, both versions come in the same download. When you upgrade to the Designer edition, this unlocks the hidden extra functions. The updates can then check your existing software to see if they should just install the basics or include the Designer extras.

HTH, Rosemary
    "The main reason people buy those machines [Craft Robos] is to cut out words and lace doily patterns for their scrapbooks."

View Gallery

Thank you Doreen and Rosemary, mind put at rest!

Myra

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    SORRY TO DRAG UP AN OLD THREAD, BUT I HAVE JUST INSTALLED THE 2 VERSIONS - COULDNT FIND ANY INSTRUCTIONS SO JUST RE-NAMED THE FILE AND THE FOLDER AS SAID ABOVE, BUT MY PROBLEM IS THAT I HAVE THE DESIGNER EDITION OF THE LATEST SOFTWARE BUT JUST THE BASIC OF V1.9, IT WONT LET ME UPGRADE AS IT SAYS MY KEY IS IN USE, BUT SURE I HAVE TO HAVE THE DESIGNER EDITION TO SAVE AS SVG?
    apologies only just realised i had caps on!
    does this make sense and can anyone help

View Gallery

I haven't got V1.9 so I don't know if it needs to be the DE or if you can do it with the free version. I know you can have the DE on two pc's and after 3 installs (for whatever reason ie new pc format pc etc) you would need to contact Silhouette America to have it reset

View Gallery

As far as I'm aware with v3 of the Designer edition, it won't allow you to permanently use your licence key on more than one version on the same computer. I've so far had to re-add the key every time to v1.9 aftere I used v3, but I think there was a post from someone who said there's a limit to the times (possibly 3?) that you can actually do this. The only possible way around this may be to buy a separate licence for the two versions, but I think we'd have to confirm this with Silhouette support. I'm pretty pissed off about this!

Rosemary

View Gallery

I downloaded V.1.9 some time ago from a link on here but have never installed it. I am now toying with the idea but, like Craftfairy, would like to use my DE with it so did a Google search. The prices varied, $24.99 - $32.99 but 2 were offering it FOR FREE! Has anyone tried this? Given that I have already bought it once I like the idea of getting it again for free - surprise, surprise! Has anyone dared to try this? Having had a great many computer problems of late (after updating and backing-up) I am nervous about using an unknown site, even though I have a Firewall and Virus Protection. Keep thinking about the old saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is". One other thing, 1 site quoted £11.25 on the Google page but the actual site listed it at c.£24.

View Gallery

Do you mean the DE of Studio is being offered free or V1.9? As you say if it seems to good to be true it probably is. Personally I wouldn't download it.

View Gallery

Yes, it was definitely DE but curiously I now can't find either of the sites! One ended in informer.com and I don't remember what the other was. It's odd that when one Googles something for a second time totally different pages appear. Anyway, I guess I won't be indulging any time soon.

View Gallery

It's probably in your history if you really want to find it

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (4)
    yup you are right, it does not remember the license key in 1.9 - but i vaguely remember seeing this in a troubleshooter somewhere last night - will go back and look tomorrow

so my next problem, i have downloaded 1.9 and still only seem to have the option to save as a silhouette file - can't seem to find the SVG option - am i doing something wrong?