Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > Special Forums > Cutting Machines - chat, help. templates > Cutting Machine Chat

Notices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)

For anyone who has problems with V3.3.437

Brian from Graphtec considers this latest version to be "broken" and advises reverting to the previous one which was released last October and is V3.3.277. I've sent a message to Karine to see if she can provide a link but if it's in your downloads folder you can install from there or will need to contact SA till I hear from Karine. It shouldn't affect your library....mine was still there although I did back it up...... but it's suggested you back it up before uninstalling. You will need to uninstall the latest version and install 3.2.277
    Last edited by DJG; 19-01-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    I am still having problems which started at version 3.3 277 before this last update, but Silhouette told be I couldn't go back , unless it was to version 2.
    the email stated
    ''Unfortunately it's not possible to go back to a previous version of v3. If you want to downgrade, you would have to go all the way back to the legacy version of our software, version 2.9.45.''
    I'd happily go back a couple of updates if I could.

View Gallery

Yes it seems V2 would be the only option (it is on their website to download) because of the problems a lot of people were having with other versions. I didn't have any with V3.3.277 although I did the update to the latest version I hadn't cut from it but as Brian thinks it's broken I've reverted to 3.3.277

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I really wish silhouette would get their act together.I am starting to feel embarrassed for them with their continual release of flawed upgrades. Such a shame when the machine is so good that they continue to create so many problems for their customers.

View Gallery

I am still using Version 2.5.8.1008 and do not dare upgrade to anything else they throw out there.

The other versions I tried would lock up my PC and I got tired of paying a computer expert to fix everything. Yes, I had to pay to have version 2.7.6c.exe removed as every time I tried to remove it, my PC would lock up.
    Petrina

View Gallery

I updated at the weekend but I don't seem to be having any problems. Am I missing something?

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapally View Post
    I updated at the weekend but I don't seem to be having any problems. Am I missing something?
    Which version are you running- of the ones mentioned above? You have Windows 8.1?
    Petrina

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by scrapally View Post
    Some people have been having problems with it cutting through the designs

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    I have done some very intricate cutting since I updated Studio and it's working o.k. for me so far.

I have saved the previous version but will only go back to it if I have any problems.

View Gallery

I was having problems with it cutting though my designs in a straight line it was not ther packet size or the mat or the blade as I checked all that.
    So I uninstalled the last update and went back to the previous one like Doreen suggested and have had no problems since.
    Thank Goodness.

That was a good Thumbs up from Brian.

Dakflowers

View Gallery

A little more info on this problem: it is actually a bug in the v3.3.437 over-cut settings so it won't happen every time, and probably won't happen at all if using the pen setting.

If you wish to get around this bug and still use v3.3.437 you can do so by going to Preferences > Advanced and un-ticking the 'Software overcut' option, clicking apply and restarting the software.

I hope that helps.

P.s. Silhouette are now aware of the problem and the fix should be in the next release.
    Technical Support
    Graphtec GB
    www.graphtecgb.co.uk

View Gallery

Thank you Brian. I reverted to the previous version but if unticking the overcut box solves the problem I'll be reinstalling the latest update

View Gallery

Thanks Brian

Heavy Metal Rules . !!!! tottyman's Avatar
    View Gallery

having probs too

hi I am wondering if that's why my cameo is saying cant connect cameo to computer . OR am I doing something wrong . I am not very computer savy . Having to shut my computer down and restart it to get it to cut and then its cutting it wrong . I am new to one of theses machines BUT I love it .!!!!

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by tottyman View Post
    hi I am wondering if that's why my cameo is saying cant connect cameo to computer . OR am I doing something wrong . I am not very computer savy . Having to shut my computer down and restart it to get it to cut and then its cutting it wrong . I am new to one of theses machines BUT I love it .!!!!
    The machine will not cut correctly if any of the following occurs::
    - There are bits stuck inside the blade housing. Blow them out.
    - The matt does not have enough sticky left to keep the paper secure.
    - The matt has bitts left from a previous cut under the new layer of card you put on.
    - The matt has deep cuts in it
    - The blade has the end nicked off.

"my cameo is saying cant connect"
    I get this message at times also. I have Windows 8.1 and the Cameo is plugged into one of the 3 USB ports on the front of my PC tower.
    To fix the message, I move the usb chord and try it in one of the other 2 open USB ports. That usually fixes it, if it does not, I re-boot my system, shut the cameo down and then power it up again.

I hope you let us know how you get on with it.
    Petrina