Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
    Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    So glad you've got sorted Pippa, flipping 'bout time! I'd be down to the bank like **** off a shovel (a shiny one at that ! lol)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

thanks this is what I love about this site you always make me laugh Pippa. X

Dedicated Scrapper SilverTiger2's Avatar
    View Gallery

Congratulations Pippa - I am so glad that you have, at last, received your refund. What a shame it was accompanied by a not very nice letter. Although I love my Cuttlebug I had been contemplating buying an A4 machine - but it will certainly not now be a Jus-Cuzt, nor will it be from OUAS. Have you considered an Eboss? One of my friends has just bought one and I am looking forward to having a play!

View Gallery

So pleased that you have got your refund Pippa but one good thing that has come out of all this is all the nice supportive members on this forum. Happy Crafting all xx

Just call me DC8!! daisychain888's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Well done Pippa on finally getting justice, shame about the not so nice letter...just kind of finalises everything about your experience Have fun choosing a new machine x

'people may forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel'

x Jayne x

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thankyou so much looking carefully for a new machine Pippa. X

View Gallery

Having followed this thread all the way along, I'm delighted you have your refund Pippa - but so ungracious of the seller to send you that letter.

I was brought up with the ethic that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything! He should have taken that advice.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady1 View Post
    Having followed this thread all the way along, I'm delighted you have your refund Pippa - but so ungracious of the seller to send you that letter.

I was brought up with the ethic that if you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything! He should have taken that advice.
    Pippa shouldnt have even been in the position for him to say anything at all.

I'm not a lawyer but for folk like Pippa, who bought the machines early on and had problems with it, I'd have thought they had grounds for a no quibble refund on any one of a minimum of 3 legal positions.

Distance selling regs

false advertising/item not as described, early claims were that it would cut all dies, and only use the 2 supplied plates. Now it appears that it doesnt cut all dies, you need to buy a metal plate for intricate ones and possibly a special spray. That's two of the original claims that were false and in this sort of product could have played a large part in peoples reason to buy.

and finally that it's not fit for purpose and/or of marketable quality.

I really do urge anyone who is having problems with any company to get in touch with Trading Standards. They're there to make sure as a consumer you are aware of your rights and to stop shoddy business practises. If more folk used their services businesses might be less inclined to think they can get away with treating customers so disgracefully.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

In addition, anyone who has received any communication which has caused them distress or is in fear of intimidatory action, should contact the Police. They are the correct route if menacing threats or letters/emails are sent as they could be an offence under the Malicious Communications Act, 1988.

Trading Standards are the correct channel to go down if goods are faulty or do not do as described.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi everyone just to let you know have not got a new machine as yet waiting on the bank!!! when I do get one will let everybody know Pippa.X

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Fingers crossed Pippa! Banks shut an extra day!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

I'm so pleased to hear that you got you refund Pippa! And I want to thank YOU for posting your experience on here, especially when you were being intimidated. Your treatment has made me rule out COMPLETELY the JusCutz machine (I had thought it was just what I had been waiting for!) and the fact that when he finally conceded to give you your money back he included a horrible letter, well, I think this just shows his true colours and I will never give this company any of my money again!

This saga has also made me now question his criticisms of another supplier (who I had never had problems with but started to feel wary about using!) I think probably I can start using them again now!

(I have got a BigShot and love it, it's just that I would like an A4 platform for added flexibility when embossing)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Thank you for your kind words and just to say again without the support of people like yourself and many others I know I would not have succeeded in getting the result I did, but it has made me very cautious about were I shop in the future.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (14)
    Hi Pippa

I'm so pleased you finally got your refund. Just sorry that you had to go through the ordeal that you did to get it.
    By sharing your experience it has allowed other crafters to decide whether to deal with this company or not.

I personally will never shop with them because of the way you were treated.

Good customers service goes a long long way in my book.

One of the first big items I bought many years ago was the Sizzix Big Shot and it's still going strong today. I had reason to contact Sizzix because of a problem I was having with one of the alphabet dies and their response was incredible. They sent me out a new set of dies free of charge with a letter of apology that I had been inconvenienced. They now have a fan for life in me. It was because of this after sales care that I bout the Sizzix eclips over all the other new machines that came out, in the knowledge that if anything went wrong, it would be backed by their excellent customer service. I'm now looking at the Big Shot Pro for my A4 cutting machine.

I hope you'll find a machine that gives you the confidence to enjoy your crafting again Pippa

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Hi thankyou for that, I am seriously looking at the Big Shot Pro have heard nothing but praise for this machine and their customer service so looks like it could be the one, if only I had done my research before could have saved myself a lot of hassle, but the one good thing to come out of this is it has brought me into contact with people who have been nothing but kind and helpful and who I may never have known if it had not been for this site Pippa. X