Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dedicated Scrapper gladys friday's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (8)
    That made me giggle when you said you "dipped your toe in" Oooow!!

I notice on these videos and also on the programme on C&C that they don't use Flex. Do you not need to add that now then?

Thanks

Debbie

Dedicated Scrapper The-Butterfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by gladys friday View Post
    That made me giggle when you said you "dipped your toe in" Oooow!!

I notice on these videos and also on the programme on C&C that they don't use Flex. Do you not need to add that now then?

Thanks

Debbie
    Whats flex? im sure someone much more experienced than me can answer that question, i didnt use flex - whatever it my be lol

I also love that there is no waste, at all... haha kept my fingers and toes well away!
    Please visit and follow my blog!

http://colouredimaginations.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

Dedicated Scrapper phoenix rising's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Butterfly View Post
    Whats flex? im sure someone much more experienced than me can answer that question, i didnt use flex - whatever it my be lol

I also love that there is no waste, at all... haha kept my fingers and toes well away!
    Some one I know uses glue sticks when she needs Flex.

BTW even though people say you can leave clear UTEE in the melt pot in a heated state I have always found it goes a tawny brown after several hours.

There are videos on the net using UTEE & glass pendants to make faux dichroic pendants.
    Lesley

Phoenix rising

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix rising View Post
    Some one I know uses glue sticks when she needs Flex.

BTW even though people say you can leave clear UTEE in the melt pot in a heated state I have always found it goes a tawny brown after several hours.

There are videos on the net using UTEE & glass pendants to make faux dichroic pendants.
    The ingredients to make flex are no longer available , so Ranger cannot produce it anymore. I have never used it, but some people used it to make the UTEE a bit more flexible for jewellery and other projects.
    I do leave my UTEE in my melting pot and then if I want a new colour will remelt it and clean the pot out. The clear does go amber colour when left in there for a period of time. I quite like the colour, but if you want pure clear then use it almost right away and then turn the pot off so it doesn't heat any more. There really isn't an answer to the fact the clear goes amber...but if someone knows the answer I would love to know It also depends on the UTEE that you use, some are more susceptible to it than others.