Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > General Scrapping

Notices

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (19)
    You can melt shrink plastic in it too. Here is a few bits I have been making. The small orange wings are shrink plastic. I have dipped microscopic slides into it for faux soldering (came out a bit thicker than I wanted but that's because I dipped them twice). There's also before (the light green one) and 2 after roses which always come out lovely and a couple of bits cut from tiny cookie cutters (the hearts and the tear drops).
    Last edited by Jibba Jabba; 17-04-2013 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Updated description

Dedicated Scrapper The-Butterfly's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (2)
    oh thanks so much for all the lovely ideas! im searching high and low for a shop that will sell UTEE just so i can get my hands on some today rather than wait for postage lol also off to find myself a mat! thanks! oh and cookie cutters.... oh the posibilities are enedless! lol
    while im working with it i may as well get a heatgun and give heat embossing a try too right?
    Please visit and follow my blog!

http://colouredimaginations.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

View Gallery

Word of warning - make sure they are metal cookie cutters. The plastic ones melt
    A heat gun is invaluable, especially if you want to make enamelled flowers.
    I hope you managed to catch Hels Sheridan on C&C today x

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jibba Jabba View Post
    Word of warning - make sure they are metal cookie cutters. The plastic ones melt
    A heat gun is invaluable, especially if you want to make enamelled flowers.
    I hope you managed to catch Hels Sheridan on C&C today x
    Due to work I didn't but I plan to 'youtube' my heart out tonight to get some tips! been stuck late at work so my plan to run out after work and get some embossing powders has failed badly! Might have to wait till the weekend! in the meantime tho I may as well order some UTEE from a sponsor as hopefully it'll arrive by the time I get tithe shop for some other bits!

I never actually thought of heat embossing on top of my melted projects! oh boy! lol

View Gallery

i missed this! the video is fantastic! thank you! im so blimmin excited now lol i need to get some UTEE to try this thing out!

Quote Originally Posted by artisticstamper View Post
    I love using the meltpot, one of my favourite tools!
    However I would not recommend putting alcohol ink in with UTEE as it is flammable and could cause a little accident! I would colour with alcohol ink after the piece you have made is cooled. The only way you could possibly use alcohol ink is if you mix it with dry UTEE and allow it to dry before melting. you can see a great video from Ranger here on colouring UTEE
    Hope this helps
    Jennie

Dedicated Scrapper - Tier One Sponsor - Country View Crafts's Avatar
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    Our range of Melt Art is here with Free UK P&P on ALL purchases

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by The-Butterfly View Post
    Due to work I didn't but I plan to 'youtube' my heart out tonight to get some tips! been stuck late at work so my plan to run out after work and get some embossing powders has failed badly! Might have to wait till the weekend! in the meantime tho I may as well order some UTEE from a sponsor as hopefully it'll arrive by the time I get tithe shop for some other bits!

I never actually thought of heat embossing on top of my melted projects! oh boy! lol
    Shame you missed Hels - if you pop her name into a search engine she has a great blog
    I use the heat gun to smooth over what I've melted rather than heat embossing on top of projects but hey, why not give it a go
    Hope your bits arrive soon

View Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Jibba Jabba View Post
    Shame you missed Hels - if you pop her name into a search engine she has a great blog
    I use the heat gun to smooth over what I've melted rather than heat embossing on top of projects but hey, why not give it a go
    Hope your bits arrive soon
    Haha! I'm game for trying all sorts me! I shall go take a peek at her blog

Make EVERY day your new blank canvas cantstopstampin's Avatar
    No longer in my little village, still in Staffs, but I AM happy !
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (15)
    I love using the meltpot, one of my favourite tools!
    However I would not recommend putting alcohol ink in with UTEE as it is flammable and could cause a little accident! I would colour with alcohol ink after the piece you have made is cooled. The only way you could possibly use alcohol ink is if you mix it with dry UTEE and allow it to dry before melting. you can see a great video from Ranger here on colouring UTEE
    Hope this helps
    Jennie
    wouldn't it have to be a naked flame to be 'flamable'? the ranger video shows colouring utee with alcohol inks too.

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopstampin View Post
    wouldn't it have to be a naked flame to be 'flamable'? the ranger video shows colouring utee with alcohol inks too.
    The Ranger video does show it being coloured with alcohol inks, but you have to mix it with the dry powder first and let it dry out before melting it. The alcohol ink is flammable, and it is possible the high heat from the meltpot would ignite it... health and safety and all that.....I certainly would not recommend it, but that isn't to say you cannot try it.

View Gallery

Well I am all shopped out for today! I'm ready and raring to go! I have all different metal cookie cutters, a heat resistant mat, I placed an order with Jennie at The Artistic Stamper this afternoon (thanks again!) I recommend anyone give her a call if your a beginner like me, I certainly didn't feel like she was trying to sell me everything and anything (although I would have brought it!! Lol) and feel thoroughly satisfied with what's the arrive in the post shortly! very exciting indeed

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Well I am all shopped out for today! I'm ready and raring to go! I have all different metal cookie cutters, a heat resistant mat, I placed an order with Jennie at The Artistic Stamper this afternoon (thanks again!) I recommend anyone give her a call if your a beginner like me, I certainly didn't feel like she was trying to sell me everything and anything (although I would have brought it!! Lol) and feel thoroughly satisfied with what's the arrive in the post shortly! very exciting indeed
    You are totally welcome, and your package is in the post to you. Enjoy! and any help you need please do not hesitate to contact me

View Gallery

My items arrived today! Thanks again! Can't wait to get cracking tomorrow when I have a bit of time! ) ill let you know how I get on!

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

My items arrived today! Thanks again! Can't wait to get cracking tomorrow when I have a bit of time! ) ill let you know how I get on!
    How did you get on?

View Gallery

How did you get on?
    Perfectly! unfortunatly I only had an hour but in that time i dipped my toe in! i managed to cut a few shapes using cookie cutters and mixed colour UTEE, (beautiful colours by the way!) and also ave heat embossing a try - i only semi burnt myself once (thats good for me! lol) but all in all i really enjoyed it! I certainly look forward to exploring the world of Melt pot a little more and using some of my made enbelishments in future projects!