Donate with PayPal to help keep UKS online!

Go Back   UKScrappers > Forum > UKScrappers > Cardmaking

Notices

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)

silhouette cameo

Hi.

First of all apologies if this is the wrong place but I know nothing of craft or card making.

My partners birthday is in 2 weeks time and she has been wanting a silhouette cameo for card making for some time. I have been telling her to save up for it but secretly am planning it as a suprise.

However what I am unsure of is what accessories will I need to purchase with it so she can use it straight away for card making.

Thanks

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (9)
    How lovely! My husband surprised me with mine too.
    Once you have purchased the cameo you are good to go really, certainly to start with. The box includes the cutter, cutter mat and the free software and blade, all she will need is some card to cut. Once set up if your partner want s to progress further she could look at getting the designer edition upgrade to the software or a program called MTC which cuts to the cameo also. There are also other items she might like later, like vinyl, perhaps a pen holder so she can use her machine to write and draw.
    I would advise buying the main machine and then tell her to join this forum. There are also other helpful forums, I can point you in the right direction if you want to know.
    I hope she really loves her surprise!
    Best Wishes
    Tootsie (Diane)

Dedicated Scrapper
    View Gallery

Trader Rating: (0)
    What a fabulous surprise. She will be deliriously happy with it.

View Gallery

Trader Rating: (25)
    Quote Originally Posted by anewb View Post
    Hi.

First of all apologies if this is the wrong place but I know nothing of craft or card making.

My partners birthday is in 2 weeks time and she has been wanting a silhouette cameo for card making for some time. I have been telling her to save up for it but secretly am planning it as a suprise.

However what I am unsure of is what accessories will I need to purchase with it so she can use it straight away for card making.

Thanks
    We have a dedicated forum for the Craft Robo/Silhouette and Cameo cutting machines here why not come and join us? You and your partner (should she wish to join UKS) can ask any questions you would like the answer to, there's nearly always someone around who can help. We have lots of tutorials to help with the software and after you/your partner have been a member for a short time or made a few post's there are hundreds of free template you can download